Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

I've been playing with Touring Plans a bit tonight
Funny you'd mention TP, I was going to suggest that you get a subscription if you didn't have one. It's a great way to kill time by trying various plans and sequences of attractions. If you're a big WDW geek like me, it's actually fun to just go in to try different plans.
We just scrunched a 6 week summer session of O-chem 1 lecture and lab into 5 weeks, and everyone's worn to a frazzle
Ah ok, thanks for the explanation. Sounds like a lot of work but I'm guessing it's something at which you excel. Chemistry is a complete mystery to me, it's probably really cool when you "get it.":)
It sounds funny, up here in the frozen northland, but there are several really lovely, expensive restaurants in Bangor.
Doesn't sound funny to me, I think there are excellent restaurants in many medium/smallish areas...you just gotta know where to look;)

It's unfortunate that you couldn't travel with your DH. My DW travels for biz and there are times I'd like to tag along but it usually is just too expensive. Besides, no fair for me to enjoy a place while DW is doing all the work.;)

Hello citizens! Just back from a short trip to Chicago to see Paul Simon in concert and visit with some family. Otherwise it's been fairly quiet (but HOT) around here.
I forgot to ask you how it went...

It was excellent. He had a dozen musicians on stage with him and the level of musicianship was off the charts.
But you've already answered that here lol.

Glad it was a good show and you go to see family :)

My DS got his license, a car, and his first after-school job all in the space of a month!
Whoa that's a lot of changes in a short time. Good luck to him though :)

View attachment 329760

View attachment 329761

The magazine picture we are using > We have a window where the magazine shows a picture.View attachment 329763

We had a pedestal sink, and took it out. This vanity has 2 small drawers that can open when a person is standing in the middle. A large middle drawer with three dividers and, towel shelf.:sunny: We decided to change the door, maybe a three glass panel one. Still trying to make up our minds on wallpaper or paint... :confused3
I'd vote paint like @Micca. Wallpaper I noticed in newer homes around me is starting to make a comeback but in terms of changing it paint is def. easier.There's this new kind of wallpaper though that I saw on some Flip or Flop Vegas tv show where it's a peel and stick so no messy glue to put on or to take off but I haven't seen that kind of wallpaper in person to know if it looks good or not.

I'm loving your bathroom though especially the tile insert.

We're painting the inside of our garage at the moment...well whenever the temp is under 90 and we're up to it. I know I know it sounds strange to be painting the inside but the builders sprayed a knockdown texture on the walls so it does look nice when painted. I've just never really liked the mud and taped look of a garage.

Eventually we'll epoxy our garage floor (well that's the plan that is) and we were going to do it before painting the garage walls but alas it went from winter to summer here and the epoxy needs to be applied when it's under 85 degrees......and it's not been like that even in May really. So now we have to wait for fall to do the floor

We don't have any anniversary plans. It'll be our 25th, although we were married on our 8th anniversary of being a couple, so 33 years altogether.
Wow! Congrats on your anniversary :love::love:

I DO have an upcoming Disney trip, and one of the things I'm working on this week is our park plans, as on Saturday our FastPass booking window opens.
Well I hope your FP plans went ok :)

I loved planning my trip and *sigh* I'm sad that I don't have another trip for years :(

I still love hearing about everyone else's trips including getting together in person with DISers like @Micca and hearing about his trips :D

I'd vote paint like @Micca. Wallpaper I noticed in newer homes around me is starting to make a comeback but in terms of changing it paint is def. easier.There's this new kind of wallpaper though that I saw on some Flip or Flop Vegas tv show where it's a peel and stick so no messy glue to put on or to take off but I haven't seen that kind of wallpaper in person to know if it looks good or not.

We're painting the inside of our garage at the moment...well whenever the temp is under 90 and we're up to it. I know I know it sounds strange to be painting the inside but the builders sprayed a knockdown texture on the walls so it does look nice when painted. I've just never really liked the mud and taped look of a garage.

Eventually we'll epoxy our garage floor (well that's the plan that is) and we were going to do it before painting the garage walls but alas it went from winter to summer here and the epoxy needs to be applied when it's under 85 degrees......and it's not been like that even in May really. So now we have to wait for fall to do the floor. [/QUOTE]

Mackenzie:

My dad always contended that spiders don't like paint so your garage painted is good.

Our weather went from early Summer to Fall like and, then rain. So... The window could not be left open for airing out... sigh; which put a delay in continuing our bathrm reno. All was not lost though because we leave in 3 weeks to go out West (Vancouver Island) to visit my younger brother and, his family. I had some last minute shopping to do for the trip. :)

Eventually we'll epoxy our garage floor (well that's the plan that is) and we were going to do it before painting the garage walls but alas it went from winter to summer here and the epoxy needs to be applied when it's under 85 degrees......and it's not been like that even in May really. So now we have to wait for fall to do the floor.

Mackenzie:

My dad always contended that spiders don't like paint so your garage painted is good.

Our weather went from early Summer to Fall like and, then rain. So... The window could not be left open for airing out... sigh; which put a delay in continuing our bathrm reno. All was not lost though because we leave in 3 weeks to go out West (Vancouver Island) to visit my younger brother and, his family. I had some last minute shopping to do for the trip. :)[/QUOTE]
I'm sure the appearance is quite different but in function think old-time plastic mactac. It will be incredibly hard to get on straight and flat without air-bubbles. The beauty of conventional wallpaper is that it can be easily be reworked and adjusted as you apply it. Peel-and-stick is much, much less forgiving.

Mackenzie:

Our weather went from early Summer to Fall like and, then rain. So... The window could not be left open for airing out... sigh; which put a delay in continuing our bathrm reno. All was not lost though because we leave in 3 weeks to go out West (Vancouver Island) to visit my younger brother and, his family. I had some last minute shopping to do for the trip. :)
I didn't know that about spiders but I'll sure take it if it works out like that!

This is what the walls look like before:
upload_2018-6-24_20-3-5.png

This is what it looks like with the paint:
upload_2018-6-24_20-3-46.png

*Note these are not the same walls just easy to show before/after.

Darn weather gets in the way of projects :sad2:

Ohhh vacation!! This year is a lot less vacation heavy for me than last year I'm going through withdrawls lol.

I'm sure the appearance is quite different but in function think old-time plastic mactac. It will be incredibly hard to get on straight and flat without air-bubbles. The beauty of conventional wallpaper is that it can be easily be reworked and adjusted as you apply it. Peel-and-stick is much, much less forgiving.
I did wonder about the application part of the wallpaper. They didn't really show that part very much on the show. I haven't researched the peel and stick beyond seeing that they were using it on that tv show.

I did wonder about the application part of the wallpaper. They didn't really show that part very much on the show. I haven't researched the peel and stick beyond seeing that they were using it on that tv show.
In my experience, things like that are never quite as easy as they look or turn out quite as well as you hope. :upsidedow Not trying to be a downer, @NFLDERS - do come back and tell us how it goes if you decide to give it a go. :cheer2: We're all rootin' for ya! (And blessedly glad I've got no home renos pending. Working in construction I learned a looooong time ago to leave certain things to the professionals.)

I learned a looooong time ago to leave certain things to the professionals

Amen! Some folks say "DIY" I say "HID"- Hire it done!;)
Mackenzie I think it's a good idea to paint the inside of the garage, but honestly I couldn't tell you if ours is painted. I'll go look later and report back. Yes, that's just the kind of cliff-hanger post people have come to expect from me here in ALDIO.:sunny: When we moved in to our current place we had some shelves built in the garage to store all of our stuff, so 75% of the wall space if covered up by boxes and those plastic bins you get a Big Lots.

@Kitty 34 Oh those breakfast photos in exotic locations...:love: I'm hoping Jo checks in soon, we haven't had an update from her hemisphere lately.:)

In my experience, things like that are never quite as easy as they look or turn out quite as well as you hope. :upsidedow Not trying to be a downer, @NFLDERS - do come back and tell us how it goes if you decide to give it a go. :cheer2: We're all rootin' for ya! (And blessedly glad I've got no home renos pending. Working in construction I learned a looooong time ago to leave certain things to the professionals.)

I can not agree more. I personally draw this opinion from my own experience. Wish not to bore aldiodisers so I'll try to be short'n sweet. We finished our basement in our starter home in 1978. That led to us wishing to build our own home from a package home dealer. We started in 1987 and, it took us 8 months. We hired a framing carpenter and, plumber the rest we built ourselves. Afterwards and, a couple of years later DH asked me if I wanted to do it again... I looked at him and, quickly said:. Umm... NO! Here are a couple of pictures of our 'experience.'

The hobby farm property we bought.IMG_00000527.jpg

The house plans we chose. I'd made a few minor (blue ink) changes!

IMG_00000518.jpg

The house components were delivered on flat bed trucks and, we got lucky, only a few windows were broken.IMG_00000519.jpg

^Our eldest son (16 yrs old then) in one picture helping the framing carpenter sort and, catalogue the components. Working with the framing crew became his summer job.

Him clowning around at the end of one work day! :)IMG_00000525.jpg

Me, after digging the sump hole!IMG_00000528.jpg

And, helping with a patio door.IMG_00000521.jpg

Not sure why? But pictures are going sideways... sigh. I'll continue later after fixing this oddity.

Last edited:
IMG_00000520.jpg

Our youngest son was only 12 so for the most part he photo opted.

And, spent time here too, when he wasn't outdoors exploring nature. :yay:IMG_00000526.jpg

For the record my favourite parts were as DH's helper (He's an industrial electrician) wiring the house and, installing the hardwood floors; Installing fiber glass insulation batts not so much. :scared:

DH is often heard saying; WE are still good at projects but we're sl..o..w! :duck:

Last edited:
Jane you have more DIY skill in your little finger than I have...well I don't have any at all--ANYWHERE.;) OMG, "Here's me digging the sump pump???":faint: I think the house looks great though.:thumbsup2

Thanks! It was fun walking down memory lane this morning. DH and I came to this by chips off the old blocks I guess, as both our fathers built their own homes too, although before we were born. They had both passed on when we did it and, wish they too could have been along for our adventure. :fish:

Last edited:
That's pretty cool! I've hardly ever been far enough North for it to be light at 10PM. Do you tend to stay up later when it doesn't get dark until much later?
No, I wouldn’t necessarily say so for myself but it can be an issue for those with little kids, trying to get them settled while it’s still bright out. Personally I’m more of an early-riser and it is pure JOY :yay:to greet the day with the sun already up before 6:00 am. And such a blessed reprieve from the darkness of Winter where for 5 months straight we both go to work and come home in the dark.

Not sure where you live Micca - is it somewhere in the south? We always find it so interesting when we’re in CA, FL or the Caribbean and the days and nights are almost perfectly equal-length. Weird in some ways too though because we’re hard-wired to expect that warm weather = daylight and dusk at 7:00 pm catches us off-guard. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter