Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

I'm enjoying the extra light as well! - Was out early this morning, and actually saw a fox in my backyard. I should have known something was up when the birds started getting really loud, but I didn't even think about it until he wandered around the end of the pool. He took off for the woods as soon as he saw me, so I didn't get a picture, but he was a really pretty red one.

Mackenzie I think it's a good idea to paint the inside of the garage, but honestly I couldn't tell you if ours is painted. I'll go look later and report back. Yes, that's just the kind of cliff-hanger post people have come to expect from me here in ALDIO.:sunny: When we moved in to our current place we had some shelves built in the garage to store all of our stuff, so 75% of the wall space if covered up by boxes and those plastic bins you get a Big Lots.
Well that's been our problem. No shelves yet on the walls; wanted to wait until the walls got painted and whatnot. Luckily it helps when you only have 2 cars, a 3 car garage and an unfinished basement to shove all the stuff around. I'm bound and determined though--we'll get the garage at least mostly organized by the end of the year lol.

All my plastic tubs (also from Big Lots and Walmart lol) are basically downstairs. I'm slowly getting color coded ones for holiday decor but so far all I've got is red and green for Christmas.

I swear one of these days my house will be all organized :rotfl::rotfl:though I'm not holding my breath :D

That led to us wishing to build our own home from a package home dealer.
Holy moly yeah you guys took on an amazing DIY task but congrats to you! Looks amazing too. I admire your patience with that!

Aaron wants to do the basement himself after knowing multiple people who have done it themself (with some plumbing and a few other things like framing from his friends) with the exception of the mud and taping of the drywall which he said he'll hire it out. Given that we're still years away from needing the basement to be finished...we'll just have to see on that :rotfl2::rotfl2:. Luckily there is a bathroom already stubbed out so we won't have to break up any concrete to do so.

Nah middle of the midwest. During the summer months it gets dark between 8:30-9PM, kids love it. :sunny:
And boy do I enjoy that :) Bed time for Aaron and I is around 10:30-11pm (yeah we've been like that for years) though of course we can stay up later when we want to, so the sun being out too late would probably mess with us a bit (I admire the people who live in climates where it's dark or sun for months at a time-I'm sure I'd get used to it but still :scared: at the thought of it :laughing:).

Well that's been our problem. No shelves yet on the walls; wanted to wait until the walls got painted and whatnot. Luckily it helps when you only have 2 cars, a 3 car garage and an unfinished basement to shove all the stuff around. I'm bound and determined though--we'll get the garage at least mostly organized by the end of the year lol.

Oh we have shelves alright, we have so much shelving in our two-car garage there's barely room to get the cars in there. Actually I exaggerate--there's plenty of room provided we don't need to get out of the cars once we're pulled in :laughing: I guess we should have cut a couple of inches off the depth of the shelves. When we moved in we were both busy working and just told the contractor we wanted shelves, we should have gotten more specific about the dimensions.:rolleyes1

Oh and now the big reveal: Our garage is painted inside, it's white!

Aaron wants to do the basement himself after knowing multiple people who have done it themself
That Aaron, he's a keeper! ;)

Oh we have shelves alright, we have so much shelving in our two-car garage there's barely room to get the cars in there. Actually I exaggerate--there's plenty of room provided we don't need to get out of the cars once we're pulled in :laughing: I guess we should have cut a couple of inches off the depth of the shelves. When we moved in we were both busy working and just told the contractor we wanted shelves, we should have gotten more specific about the dimensions.:rolleyes1

Oh and now the big reveal: Our garage is painted white!;)

This post made me,

:rotfl: and, enjoy :rolleyes1 too!

Well guys, my DH has joined the ranks of doing home improvements this summer. He's finally replacing a few bedroom doors in our old house with new ones. Good thing we can't do videos because it's more a comedy show than a carpentry show!! He's certainly not as agile as he once was back when he was first remodeling this old house in his 20s!! :rotfl:

As others have said....we're loving the longer light in the evening, too!! The heat moves into Michigan tomorrow, tho, which will be tough to take. I'm watching my 1 yr old grandson for 4 hours on Saturday but darn it will be too hot to take him outside for very long. But I'll still take this over 20 below in winter!! :sunny:

Well guys, my DH has joined the ranks of doing home improvements this summer. He's finally replacing a few bedroom doors in our old house with new ones. Good thing we can't do videos because it's more a comedy show than a carpentry show!! He's certainly not as agile as he once was back when he was first remodeling this old house in his 20s!! :rotfl:

As others have said....we're loving the longer light in the evening, too!! The heat moves into Michigan tomorrow, tho, which will be tough to take. I'm watching my 1 yr old grandson for 4 hours on Saturday but darn it will be too hot to take him outside for very long. But I'll still take this over 20 below in winter!! :sunny:

Give me your 20 below! We're 109 today so far.

DH is in for it. Everyone's home improvement stories have me thinking . . .

Oh and now the big reveal: Our garage is painted inside, it's white!

That Aaron, he's a keeper! ;)
OMG that is too funny. Hindsight 20/20 gets us all the time. There can be so much to think about and how it will work in the end.

I'm trying to convince Aaron to do a CAD for the garage layout so we can really see what the end product will look like with storage which he's done for a few of our projects...but methinks having him do the majority of the painting (he's tall ya know it's easier for him) I'm probably pressing my luck :rotfl:

White is a good color. Our ceiling will be white with the walls grey. I'm hoping with the grey it won't be too too dark inside; hopefull the ceiling being white will help.

Uh oh we've all started a trend :D

I don't like dealing with ice either but man oh man can the heat be hard too. 20 below is pretty darn cold. I don't know if I remember actual temps being 20 below here (they may have and I don't remember) but it has gotten feels like 20 below+ but I'm sure that's whimpy compared to the north that gets much much colder than that.

I've always said I love where I live-I get 4 seasons they just don't always cooperate and happen when they are supposed to ::yes::

It's only 101 degrees here.:sunny:
:faint: only? Accuweather lists it as 97 in my neck of the woods with feels like 105. My mom showed me a screenshot of whatever weather app she uses from 2:30pm while she's at work and hers said feels like 110 she's about 15mins away from me. It's just too dang hot..like I want a beer :drinking1 but IDK it may be too hot for even that over water :laughing:.

I'm missing the cool down we got a few days ago or was the last week? It's all melding into a puddle of heat.

I believe the common thought is you can alternate beer with water. But that's for outdoors, indoors is up to the discretion of the thirsty;):rolleyes1

Hey our heat advisory just said to drink plenty of fluids which I will sooooo follow going into this hot weekend!! Water during my babysitting for that Sat afternoon, then switch over to pop possibly mixed with other fluids when darling baby goes home with DS and DIL. :drinking1

Why oh why do I not live in Canada?!
You're more than welcome to come up for a visit anytime!
Ck1mZ-KWUAAR-mS.jpg

I believe the common thought is you can alternate beer with water. But that's for outdoors, indoors is up to the discretion of the thirsty;):rolleyes1
Well...it was dinner inside so I opted for a beer along with water :drinking1. I almost got a Guinness but with the heat I opted for a Tallgrass Blueberry Lemon-Ale it was mighty refreshing I'll say ::yes::

Hey our heat advisory just said to drink plenty of fluids which I will sooooo follow going into this hot weekend!! Water during my babysitting for that Sat afternoon, then switch over to pop possibly mixed with other fluids when darling baby goes home with DS and DIL. :drinking1
If I was going to be outside for too long yeah water it would be for me. I couldn't tell you how much water we had while we were in Disney this past September but it was a lot that's for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter