Any rumors about price increases or potential new benefits for Annual Passes?

AtlantaDisneyDreamer

DIS Veteran
I am trying to decide whether to go ahead and purchase the AP now or wait. Our trip is not until June. I think in the past they have offered 13 months for the price of 12 and I wondered if there is any possibility they might do that again at some point in the next few months- or if they might have some other change to the AP that might make it worth waiting to purchase. Any rumors of a potential increase in price? Potential new benefits? They seem so impossibly high-priced now considering what they have been in the past, but I know they just keep going up. We are not Florida residents, so we have to buy one of the two most expensive options. Thoughts?

I am trying to decide whether to go ahead and purchase the AP now or wait. Our trip is not until June. I think in the past they have offered 13 months for the price of 12 and I wondered if there is any possibility they might do that again at some point in the next few months- or if they might have some other change to the AP that might make it worth waiting to purchase. Any rumors of a potential increase in price? Potential new benefits? They seem so impossibly high-priced now considering what they have been in the past, but I know they just keep going up. We are not Florida residents, so we have to buy one of the two most expensive options. Thoughts?
They haven't offered the 13 month deal in a couple years now. I don't see any reason to believe they would do it again anytime soon.

I also don't know of any price increases coming soon. If you buy now you're locked in though and the pass doesn't activate until you go and activate it at the park.

Well your pass year doesn’t start until the first day you use it. We purchased discounted passes last year when they were on sale via Sam’s club and didn’t use them for a few months.

They haven't offered the 13 month deal in a couple years now. I don't see any reason to believe they would do it again anytime soon.

I also don't know of any price increases coming soon. If you buy now you're locked in though and the pass doesn't activate until you go and activate it at the park.

Thanks. I was thinking about waiting for a deal, and if prices don't go up, there is no reason to buy now. Just have to be sure to buy before our 60 day fastpass window. But wait. Now that I think about it, I can still book fastpasses with the AP, even if it is not activated, right? And if I have a 10 night stay, I can book for that entire stay, right? It has been a couple of years since we have had an AP so I forget these things.

Well your pass year doesn’t start until the first day you use it. We purchased discounted passes last year when they were on sale via Sam’s club and didn’t use them for a few months.
You found discounted passes through Sam's Club? I wonder if those might come up again. That would be great.

Thanks. I was thinking about waiting for a deal, and if prices don't go up, there is no reason to buy now. Just have to be sure to buy before our 60 day fastpass window. But wait. Now that I think about it, I can still book fastpasses with the AP, even if it is not activated, right? And if I have a 10 night stay, I can book for that entire stay, right? It has been a couple of years since we have had an AP so I forget these things.
Yes even if the AP is not activated and you have a resort stay you'll be fine.

Will non-AP ticket price increases even hit the news anymore? Since ticket prices vary now depending on the day, couldn't they just up the prices (say for Christmas week) today and no one would really know? (Similar to how the resort prices fluctuate and go up without an "advertised" increase).

For APs (I would gather) we would still get some sort of warning through the rumor milll a day or two before it happens.

I am in the same boat. I am planning on getting an AP (just for my 3yo daughter) before our June trip (She needed tickets (the rest of us have 9-days of tickets built up from the non-expiration days) and I figured getting an AP for the discounts, parking and memory maker may be worth it). I am putting that purchase off until it is closer to the 60-day mark unless I need to buy it sooner than later because of a price increase. No sense giving Disney money too far in advance.

Not sure when your trip is .. but look for an AP discount for your room if you haven't already. hey will still give you the AP discount (if you call in) even if you don't have an AP purchased yet. Just have to Thave one purchased and ready when you check-in.

Last time they raised AP prices there was no advanced warning and the increase was substantial $180-220ish dollars. If you know you are using it within the next year, bite the bullet and buy now. The AP vouchers used to be good until 2030 before you activated them. (I don't believe that this is still the case) People (myself included) were able to get AP's at the old price thru Sams club for a few days after the increase before they updated the pricing. I dont even think Sams still sells AP's now

^ +1

I just bought our AP (Gold DVC) last weekend in anticipation of a price increase. We don't go until December. And yes, when I bought mine they were still good until 2030.

Last time they raised AP prices there was no advanced warning and the increase was substantial $180-220ish dollars. If you know you are using it within the next year, bite the bullet and buy now. The AP vouchers used to be good until 2030 before you activated them. (I don't believe that this is still the case) People (myself included) were able to get AP's at the old price thru Sams club for a few days after the increase before they updated the pricing. I dont even think Sams still sells AP's now

Yeah, at the time, I was debating on buying 8 day tickets or a DVC gold AP for the grandkids just in case another trip came up. At the time the AP would have cost about $30 more. Onernight it went up about $100, so the difference was now $130 ish (plus tax), too much to buy for an iffy maybe trip that might or might not happen.

OP, Unless you don't have the money for this purchase, to me, there's never "too soon" to buy tickets if you know you're going on a trip. Ticket prices go up all the time and often without warning. My AP was up for renewal in March and I renewed it the first day they'd let me--in January. Sure, the prices might not go up, but if they did, I'd be kicking myself, which I'd prefer not to do!

I think there are rarely sale prices on APs. The Sam's Club deal, I believe, was only a "discount" price because they had APs left over from the previous price point, so compared to the new prices, the tickets were a discount. I don't know of anyone who sells discounted APs other than, of course, DVC blue card holders can buy APs at a discount.

If I'm wrong about this, please correct me! Thanks!

You are correct. Sams had some remaining tickets at the old prices after the price increase hit abruptly and without warning. I would likely jump to get what you need when you need it and know it doesnt activate until you use it the first time. I have a feeling the days of Disney advance warning of price increases is a thing of the past. Being a former out of state platinum holder and now in state, the price difference is massive so I certainly understand it.

Judging from the AP price increases before SWGE in both parks, I anticipate some major WDW AP increases before the anniversary. I used my Capital One points at Undercover Tourist to get 4 5-day hoppers which we just upgraded to Silver exchange certificates (only $2 to upgrade each ticket!). We still have until November on our active passes but we know we'll be buying Silver again and we got the points for this purpose anyway so we figured might as well lock it in now.

Since last AP increase happened without notice I expect the next increase to happen without notice

I just bought an AP yesterday through ticketing services on the phone and in MDE it says it is good until 2030.

Any promos for APs would happen the year of the 50th. That's why they had that 13 month promo and the extra dining discounts. It was the 45th anniversary. We got in on that deal and it was really nice.

You'll have to decide if it's worth the risk of a possible price increase to wait for promotions. It seems insane that they could increase the price, but I wouldn't put it past them.

They increased AP prices twice in the last 12 months. Combined they were massive. I’d be a bit surprised if you see another one before June, but then again, it is Disney.

For me I’m betting the interest I’d be giving up is greater than any price benefit of the tickets for my next trip. But I can only hope that I’m right about that.

I saw someone tonight in a FB group state that their husband worked for Disney and thought there might be a cost increase before March. I think I do remember Disney has done price increases in February. The last one was in October I think.

To note, AP holders can only hold 7 days of fastpasses at a time during a 30 day window. Found that out when we went on an 11 day trip. 😡

To note, AP holders can only hold 7 days of fastpasses at a time during a 30 day window. Found that out when we went on an 11 day trip. 😡

If you are staying on property you can book FP for all 11 days. Off property you can only book 7 at a time. I just had two 11 day stays less than 30 days apart and at one point had 22 days of FP booked. But I was at Pop both trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter