Any rumors about price increases or potential new benefits for Annual Passes?

I am in same boat. no need to rush getting it now.

The $75 increase pretty much negates the hotel discount I was getting with an AP rate :(.
Now i need to decide if the Memory Maker, Parking, food discounts and souvenir discounts are worth the extra cost of getting my daughter an AP for two trips (one 5 days and the other 4 days) ... (rest of us have tickets already). Tickets for a child for two trips like that is over $900 (CRAZY TO THINK ABOUT) .. so I think the extras are probably a wash now (meaning . I am not really saving anything unless I buy a ton of souvenirs or eat at a lot of TS restaurants) ..

I’m having the same debate, although I’m leaning towards just buying regular passes for my daughter. One of my kids is performing in the candlelight processional this year, so I have a short trip for the end of November and our regular trip planned for next summer. I’ll still get the AP for myself, but it’s cheaper to get separate passes for the kids. My mom is retired Air Force, so I’m fortunate that she can get the discounted tickets from the local army post or through shades of green (not the military salute, just discounted).

I’m having the same debate, although I’m leaning towards just buying regular passes for my daughter. One of my kids is performing in the candlelight processional this year, so I have a short trip for the end of November and our regular trip planned for next summer. I’ll still get the AP for myself, but it’s cheaper to get separate passes for the kids. My mom is retired Air Force, so I’m fortunate that she can get the discounted tickets from the local army post or through shades of green (not the military salute, just discounted).
With the $1200 price tag ... it feels like you need to go on 3 separate trips of at least 4 days each in a year now to make buying EVERYONE in the party an Annual Pass. (That is what I did in 2018 . (when they were under $900).

So .. I am finally looking to use up my$75/day tickets that were purchased before my daughter was born. Even going on two 4-5 day trips - (about $900-1000 for stand alone tickets) -- buying one annual pass seems barely worth it even when you factor in the included $160 Memory Maker. I need to find $140 in discounts (and utilize the free parking) to make it worth it.

I had my cc info and everything yesterday to renew but I didn't do it. Oh well it's only a $20 increase so now I'll wait. Interesting that at one time the Theme Park Select was the same price as Silver and now there is a $100 difference

Has anybody found what the renewal rates are in light of the increases today? I've got family who JUST missed being able to renew by 5 days so we are trying to figure out how much it will cost now - I'm looking for the non-FL Platinum Pass.

just posted this in another thread.

I got my annual pass from Tickets at work. They were discounted (from the OLD price) .. so after taxes ended up paying $1158 .. $114 cheaper than the new price (after taxes).

just posted this in another thread.

I got my annual pass from Tickets at work. They were discounted (from the OLD price) .. so after taxes ended up paying $1158 .. $114 cheaper than the new price (after taxes).

It’s always a good idea to check any third party sites you can. Last year I got my platinum renewal voucher at AAA after the new prices were announced, and it was a discount off the old rate so I saved over $200 from the new gate rate. Even though the Florida resident platinum doesn’t appear to be affected in this round of price increases I just went ahead and ordered a renewal voucher through AAA again. It’s still a decent discount off current rates and I know my price is locked in if Disney changes the rate later.

Anyone still on the fence who might be deterred solely by the increase should see what they can find at third party sites for the next week. It seems like last year the third parties didn’t raise their rates for at least a week after Disney did. Remember the run on Sam’s Club?

All of this is cute. But neither here, or on the other "boards", have I gotten any real DATA.

Pass prices WITH TAX - new.
Pass prices WITH TAX - renewal.

"Renewal" is a bit of a problem, requiring cooperation with folks on this board. WDW will not TELL you the renewal price (WITH TAX), prior to your 60 day renewal window.

So - could folks renewing start posting the real data, WITH TAX? It would be most helpful.
Here is a table that presents everything (without tax). Tax is simply 6.5% so just take those numbers and multiply by 1.065 to get the price with tax. Guest Price is non-DVC members and Member Price is for eligible DVC members.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/ticket-tour/walt-disney-world-pass/

Wonder what the price increase is going to be due to China shutdown?

No price increase so quickly after the most recent. We will/are seeing cuts though. Entertainment cuts, layoffs, future attraction developments halted.
Raising prices even more is the way I think Disney will end up going. That way they can continue to see fantastic increases in per guest spending. If that leads to a noticeable smaller amount of people in the parks, fine with Disney. They can then cut cast members without impacting the guest experience as much as it would be with larger crowds.

Raising prices even more is the way I think Disney will end up going. That way they can continue to see fantastic increases in per guest spending. If that leads to a noticeable smaller amount of people in the parks, fine with Disney. They can then cut cast members without impacting the guest experience as much as it would be with larger crowds.
Not in the short term. Cuts and delays are what’s happening next.

Not in the short term. Cuts and delays are what’s happening next.
I would agree when it comes to renovations, expansions and keeping one of the water parks closed. When it comes to cutting staff at open parks, it isn’t as easy. To keep driving per guest in park spending upwards, you need the staff levels that will allow people to spend money in the park freely. That spending is what has been driving increasing revenue and income. It would actually hurt the bottom line more to cut staffing at open parks.

They increased AP prices twice in the last 12 months. Combined they were massive. I’d be a bit surprised if you see another one before June, but then again, it is Disney.

This made me think if Disney has adopted to have smaller/marginal AP costs, but increase the frequency. Maybe we're staring down a 3X/year AP price update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter