• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone buy goggles yet?

No, I am not buying goggles.

Glasses should offer some protection. Regardless, I don’t get close to anyone...COVID or not. Glasses do not offer air tight protection. Masks don’t offer air tight protection, either - at least not for those who actually want to live. Yes, I wear a mask.

Are you all talking about goggles or safety glasses? Goggles seal entirely around the face, and often have air vents to keep them from fogging up. Safety glasses do not. Just curious (I'm a chemist).

To answer the question, we have so many goggles and glasses sitting around our house, because DH and I are both scientists. But I never get within 6 feet of anyone outside my family so there's no need for them.

I participate on another message board that has a robust debate forum, since that type of thing has been banned her for a long time (hey, I like a good debate). Many of these are political debate, which I don't enjoy, but a lot of the talking points that are on them obviously seem to be fed/put out from one source and then you see the posters using them. It's kind of surprising to come over here and see the same talking points, almost down to exact wording, used here. And heck if it's ever been disproven or explained. Apparently those folks just never, ever hear those explanations. Or they don't want to.
2 things I find incredible in these discussions:
1. There is a small group of posters here that regularly post the same incorrect information regarding events with almost the exact same wording. They are clearly getting this crap from somewhere and they refuse to reconsider their source of information despite getting corrected constantly.
2. Those same people will jump in a thread after 3 people debunked the original claim and agree with a previous poster... while completely ignoring all the people who corrected it.

And to be clear, I'm talking about posts like this:
Totally. This x 1000.

Fauci was asked about this in the congressional hearing and made it clear he was not going to require goggles,

God forbid anyone actually watched a hearing where you can get the words straight from the horse's mouth. Let's just wait for a butchered sentenced or photo to come out on Facebook or Twitter and run with that.

but a lot of the talking points that are on them obviously seem to be fed/put out from one source and then you see the posters using them.
Kind of like a famous person making wild statements beginning with, "People say..." , "They're saying..." , "Everybody says..." causing people/they/everyone to say ______.
Just this thread alone copies from another one that is on a political site claiming that Fauci is now recommending goggles and will mandate it.
Fauci cannot mandate anything. He can recommend, suggest, advise, cajole, etc., but he has no legal authority.
What I really want to know is, why were they sitting right next to eachother in that empty stadium in 100 degree heat?!? Stadium seats are so squished, spread out a little! That’s like being on an empty airplane and all sitting in the same row!
Choice. Conversation. Socializing with people they know aren't going to make them sick. One of two could be hearing impaired, making sitting so close necessary. Maybe those were the three absolute best socially distanced (from the players) seats in the entire ballpark. A ball game is different from an airline flight.

I heard if you run squash over your face and leave it for 2 weeks you won't get covid 19. It was on the view so it must be true.

See I heard it was zucchini :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

My work issued goggles with our masks and boatload of wipes & hand sanitizer - I have yet to wear them anywhere.

I bought a cheap pair of safety glasses when I bought my first masks. Not to protect me from flying viruses, since they don’t seal airtight, but because my regular glasses are for distance only, and I wanted something to keep me from accidentally touching my eyes while working in the office. So far they have fulfilled their purpose.

Fauci said this morning that if you decrease your breaths per minute, you will be less likely to inhale the virus particles. The goal is 6 breaths per minute, and as a side benefit, it will decrease greenhouse gases since you are putting less carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. :)

When I thought we were going back to school in person, I bought a face shield /planned to wear a mask + the shield. I wear glasses anyway, so I would've had some (imperfect) eye protection.

I read somewhere just today that MOST infections enter through the nose.

Fauci said this morning that if you decrease your breaths per minute, you will be less likely to inhale the virus particles. The goal is 6 breaths per minute, and as a side benefit, it will decrease greenhouse gases since you are putting less carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. :)
I don't think I can focus on breathing less AND functioning, especially in my job.

This is why I get frustrated when people say they just can't stand watching "the news" or press conferences, testimony, hearings etc themselves. They can't "take it".

Well - when you can't "take it" you DO take it - from someone else's interpretation.

And then you make a comment like goggles are going to be mandated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter