AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

Hmmm... daily confirmed new cases on a three day rolling average...

Florida:

9467D986-C5D0-4F1D-8294-A89CAC1147BF.png

New York:

7457E045-B781-4183-B067-5D409ADB6805.png

Makes me wonder... is the quarantine rule actually backwards now? Maybe NY should require people coming from Florida to quarantine... just sayin’. 😉

Probably too late, most of the snowbirds are already back up by now.

I agree, everyone has headed back already... I’ve seen several of my friends’ parents come home over the past two months.

I am particularly snarky about the quarantine because I am a New Yorker, but from Western New York, six hours and 375 miles from NYC. We get lumped in with “the city” all the time and frankly, it’s annoying. I sent an email to the Florida Health Department to ask what they really mean by “tri-state” and politely reminded them that they will lose plenty of tourism dollars if they cut off the whole state of NY for any lengthy period of time. I’m sure I won’t get a response but it made me feel better to send the question. 😉

So what do they actually mean when they say quarantine? I know our Gov. said if people are planning to come to our state they are asking them to do it before they come here. So if you are planning to come to our state they ask that you isolate in their state for 14 days before coming. I think that makes more sense then having to find someplace to stay in the state you are going to. I honestly don't think anyone is taking the rule seriously. I've seen way too many out of state cars in my state.

Again, please no need for charts and discussion on who's right
The EO makes no sense, we all know that. But it's law rn and everyone has to abide by it.
This thread should only get posts at this point when the EO is changed, extended or canceled
Discussion on the virus and numbers is being done in the community forum

So what do they actually mean when they say quarantine? I know our Gov. said if people are planning to come to our state they are asking them to do it before they come here. So if you are planning to come to our state they ask that you isolate in their state for 14 days before coming. I think that makes more sense then having to find someplace to stay in the state you are going to. I honestly don't think anyone is taking the rule seriously. I've seen way too many out of state cars in my state.
The issue is that Disney said they are refusing check-in of people from these quarantined areas.

Did Disney say they wouldn't check in people from NY, NJ, or CT? Honestly my game plan at this point would be to comply by renting a house with a pool for the two weeks prior to the stay. That would completely comply with the order. Disney not letting me check-in would kill that idea.....

Did Disney say they wouldn't check in people from NY, NJ, or CT? Honestly my game plan at this point would be to comply by renting a house with a pool for the two weeks prior to the stay. That would completely comply with the order. Disney not letting me check-in would kill that idea.....
Disney has all of this info in their website
Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/resorts/

Understood completely. I guess my point is, based on these guidelines, as long as I was in Florida and self quarantined for 14 days off Disney property, I would be eligible to check into my Disney hotel as I am no longer subject to the isolation or quarantine orders.

My address should have no bearing on the ability to check in. (Coming from NJ)

Understood completely. I guess my point is, based on these guidelines, as long as I was in Florida and self quarantined for 14 days off Disney property, I would be eligible to check into my Disney hotel as I am no longer subject to the isolation or quarantine orders.

My address should have no bearing on the ability to check in. (Coming from NJ)
have you contacted Disney to tell them about your solution to the quarantine imposition?

have you contacted Disney to tell them about your solution to the quarantine imposition?

Not yet. I'm going to wait it out. My reservation is not until July 31st at the Pop and then DVC BWV 8/4. If the restriction is not lifted by my 30 day holding window, I'll start calling and either work on my contingency or cancel depending on what will happen with my points. But that's a discussion for the DVC forum! :)

I certainly would clear it with them and makes sure I document everything. I don't want to spend anytime in the Orange County Jail.

I understand that Disney make the rules and we have to follow them.

But this scenario is not feasible for most people - even now that I'm WFH, I couldn't afford to rent a house for 2 week AND do a Disney vacation.

Desantis needs to lift these restrictions by the time the parks open, because Disney will end up losing a decent amount (if not all) of their customers from these effected areas. Or Disney is going to have to put something in place that protects their AP holders from these areas. It would be completely unfair and ridiculous for them to start our AP clocks again when many logistically don't have the means to follow the rules.

Again, please no need for charts and discussion on who's right
The EO makes no sense, we all know that. But it's law rn and everyone has to abide by it.
This thread should only get posts at this point when the EO is changed, extended or canceled
Discussion on the virus and numbers is being done in the community forum

Understood, @yulilin3. I promise I won’t go there again... but I would like to tell people on this thread that I got a response from the FL Health Department where all they did was copy and paste the executive order. I responded again asking my question a different way - if it includes the entire state of New York, or if it only includes what is commonly defined as the “tri-state” area, which is NYC, Long Island, and Mid and Lower Hudson Valley. The order is not clear in its definition of the tri-state area. We will see if I get another response!

I understand that Disney make the rules and we have to follow them.

But this scenario is not feasible for most people - even now that I'm WFH, I couldn't afford to rent a house for 2 week AND do a Disney vacation.

Desantis needs to lift these restrictions by the time the parks open, because Disney will end up losing a decent amount (if not all) of their customers from these effected areas. Or Disney is going to have to put something in place that protects their AP holders from these areas. It would be completely unfair and ridiculous for them to start our AP clocks again when many logistically don't have the means to follow the rules.
Disney can't go above an EO, it's not their rules it's the state

Disney can't go above an EO, it's not their rules it's the state
I know that. But like I said, it's unfair for Disney to restart the clock on our APs when logically most of us do not have the means to USE them.

edit, for clarity: If the EO is still in place upon park open, and APs restart that date, then Disney should prolong the APs for people from the effected area.

Understood, @yulilin3. I promise I won’t go there again... but I would like to tell people on this thread that I got a response from the FL Health Department where all they did was copy and paste the executive order. I responded again asking my question a different way - if it includes the entire state of New York, or if it only includes what is commonly defined as the “tri-state” area, which is NYC, Long Island, and Mid and Lower Hudson Valley. The order is not clear in its definition of the tri-state area. We will see if I get another response!
Ive mentioned this several times on several threads
I worked at the airport with these screenings. We screened all flights originating from those states
JFK, LGD, BUF, NWK, Atlantic City, Trenton, Bradley

I worked at the airport with these screenings. We screened all flights originating from those states
You also said that they aren't screening at strictly anymore, right?

Nope, didn’t see that post. How about ROC, SYR, ALB, IAR? Were they all included in the screening, too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter