AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

I’ m trying my best to sympathize. I from Fl and I still have to wear a mask wherever I go. I understand the order and stand by it. We have many residents that are not from here that travel back to the North to visit family. The restrictions have been relaxed and still numbers go up. You May think the order is stupid but it is in place for all of us in Fl to be safe. This virus Is not going away any time in the near future. Follow it now or it could extend and impact future closings....IMO. And please leave politics out of it.

the main reasoning is that if you are flying from one of these states you will be in direct contact, for a number of hours, with people from all over the state and surrounding states, so you are potentially exposed to the virus

I’m sorry, but this doesn’t make sense at all. Not all flights from NY are direct flights... many have layovers. So say someone flies from NYC to Baltimore and sits in the same gate area as a person from Baltimore. Now that person from Baltimore potentially has been exposed, and that person flies from Baltimore to Florida... they have potentially brought the virus with them. So why wouldn’t all out of state residents be banned? Of course they don’t want to do that Because they’d have absolutely no tourism. Also, when I fly from Buffalo, which is 375 miles from NYC, my guess is that almost 100% of the passengers are from Buffalo, Rochester, and sometimes Ontario or Toronto, not NYC... not “all over the state”. I don’t fly to NYC to catch a flight to FL, nor do people in NYC fly to Buffalo to catch a flight to FL.

I’ m trying my best to sympathize. I from Fl and I still have to wear a mask wherever I go. I understand the order and stand by it. We have many residents that are not from here that travel back to the North to visit family. The restrictions have been relaxed and still numbers go up. You May think the order is stupid but it is in place for all of us in Fl to be safe. This virus Is not going away any time in the near future. Follow it now or it could extend and impact future closings....IMO. And please leave politics out of it.

I understand what you’re saying, but I think where the frustration comes in is that in NY, we are experiencing a significant downturn in the curve because of the extraordinary things we have done in terms of lockdown... we are still wearing masks and are following extremely strict protocols as we begin to open things up again. We are not allowed in your state without quarantining for 14 days, and your state’s numbers are still going up even with this executive order in place - which clearly is not caused by people from NY. We couldn’t be the cause because we are not allowed in! So the problem in FL is not caused by people from the tri-state area.

After saying all of that, of course I will respect the order and I would never try to circumvent it. I just don’t see it being appropriate anymore.

I’m sorry, but this doesn’t make sense at all. Not all flights from NY are direct flights... many have layovers. So say someone flies from NYC to Baltimore and sits in the same gate area as a person from Baltimore. Now that person from Baltimore potentially has been exposed, and that person flies from Baltimore to Florida... they have potentially brought the virus with them. So why wouldn’t all out of state residents be banned? Of course they don’t want to do that Because they’d have absolutely no tourism. Also, when I fly from Buffalo, which is 375 miles from NYC, my guess is that almost 100% of the passengers are from Buffalo, Rochester, and sometimes Ontario or Toronto, not NYC... not “all over the state”. I don’t fly to NYC to catch a flight to FL, nor do people in NYC fly to Buffalo to catch a flight to FL.
Did I say it made sense? :D I'm just giving you the reasoning the state has for doing this

It seems pretty simple to me. If you are traveling from NY, NJ or CT (regardless of zip code or connecting flight), per the State of Florida expect to quarantine for 14 days. The rule is in effect until it it's expired or extended.

This puts a huge responsibility on the traveler to follow through. The whole point was to limit the exposure from hot states into Florida. Yes, those states may be slowing and Florida is spiking which is all the more reason for adherence. Why willingly travel to a new hot spot?

It's the same quarantine rule in place for Hawaii. If I traveled there then I would be expected to lock down for 14 days before I could explore the island. If I didn't like it, couldn't afford it, etc. I would wait to go until the rule expired.

It seems pretty simple to me. If you are traveling from NY, NJ or CT (regardless of zip code or connecting flight), per the State of Florida expect to quarantine for 14 days. The rule is in effect until it it's expired or extended.

This puts a huge responsibility on the traveler to follow through. The whole point was to limit the exposure from hot states into Florida. Yes, those states may be slowing and Florida is spiking which is all the more reason for adherence. Why willingly travel to a new hot spot?

It's the same quarantine rule in place for Hawaii. If I traveled there then I would be expected to lock down for 14 days before I could explore the island. If I didn't like it, couldn't afford it, etc. I would wait to go until the rule expired.

At the end of the day, that’s what most of us will due. Respect the order. That’s what I will do.

But the problem still exists that folks will be denied the use of the annual pass we paid for and for some of us our real estate share of our DVC. That’s the boat I am in....

I can’t imagine Disney wouldn’t do the right thing if we couldn’t get into Florida.

Does anyone have June 22nd reservations? (I did, but canceled.)

I can’t imagine Disney wouldn’t do the right thing if we couldn’t get into Florida.

Does anyone have June 22nd reservations? (I did, but canceled.)
If allowed I will visit the resorts on the 22nd and I will make it a point to go up and ask what they are doing with guests from these states. They have already stated very clearly on their website but lets see what someone tells me in person

If allowed I will visit the resorts on the 22nd and I will make it a point to go up and ask what they are doing with guests from these states. They have already stated very clearly on their website but lets see what someone tells me in person

That’s sweet of you. Thanks! I canceled and postponed until August, but I understand the concern for those going in June/July from my area. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait and hope they do another info dump soon!!

lets please keep the stats on the virus out of the thread and focus solely on when the EO gets cancelled

Is there any news on this? I read somewhere yesterday that it has been “extended indefinitely” not just till July 7th.

Is there any news on this? I read somewhere yesterday that it has been “extended indefinitely” not just till July 7th.
Plenty of people have called the hotline, i posted the number a few pages back. I was told that it doesn't have an end date, others have been told it might expire beginning of July

I read the same yesterday. I would go searching for it to see if I could post the link but running out.

I wish they would apply this mandate with a bit more common sense. Some of us are from areas of NY that are nowhere near the Tri-State Metro area, yet we still are lumped in with them. My aunt is a DVC owner and had planned on a resort only trip this June/July. She has had 5 cases total in her county since everything started, but she still can't travel to Fl. -And that is total positives, not just hospitalizations. For me, the totals in our area are a bit higher so I can understand the mandate, but we are still a great deal lower than Fl counties. My trip is in Aug, so hopefully we'll be able to go, otherwise I hope they can extend our AP's.

I wish they would apply this mandate with a bit more common sense. Some of us are from areas of NY that are nowhere near the Tri-State Metro area, yet we still are lumped in with them. My aunt is a DVC owner and had planned on a resort only trip this June/July. She has had 5 cases total in her county since everything started, but she still can't travel to Fl. -And that is total positives, not just hospitalizations. For me, the totals in our area are a bit higher so I can understand the mandate, but we are still a great deal lower than Fl counties. My trip is in Aug, so hopefully we'll be able to go, otherwise I hope they can extend our AP's.
through the 4 pages of thread we have established the EO makes little sense in terms of numbers and it seems to be fueled by something else entirely which we cannot discuss here per DIS guidelines. Unfortunately all we can do is wait for it to be cancelled

How can you show that you have been quarantined for 14 days? If we drive and do quarantine for 14 days somewhere along the route Before we reach Fla, how would Disney know? Thinking of staying at a friend’s house (they will not be there).

I would think the same way you prove your presence somewhere for other reasons. Documentation showing presence in FL for the required 14 days.

Take a time-stamped photo shortly after crossing the FL state line (is there a visitor centre?)/at the FL destination airport, buy gas in FL on that first day and keep the receipt [maybe take a picture at the gas station too]. Keep receipts from food and other orders delivered to where you are quarantining. Pictures while at the house.

Whether that would be acceptable to Disney, and whether they would actually ask, is an unknown.

SW

The confusion I think is coming from the newest order 139 which said it was extended with no date.

But, the original order to restrict the travel is EO 82. That order specifically states it will expire when he ends the state of emergency...which currently expires July 7th.

IMO, the reason the newest order mentioned extending for Tri state is because he eliminated the order to restrict travel from LA.

So, right now, it will expire July 7th unless he ends it earlier with a new EO Or he lets EO 52 expire.

The other thing that could happen is he extends the state of emergency and then this extends as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter