AP holders from NY, NJ, Conn

Nope, didn’t see that post. How about ROC, SYR, ALB, IAR? Were they all included in the screening, too?
back then (it seems like ages ago) most flights were cancelled from other airports, the ones I listed were the only flights coming into Orlando from those states, plus LA

I believe still he will do something...extend or end...when he moves the state into Phase 3...which, if it follows the same timeline as the past, should be in about 2 weeks...by then, we will have a clearer picture..IMO...of which trips and AP usage this impacts.

Disney is not canceling guests and has reduced cancelation fees so people can wait it out to decide what is happening closer to the trip or to July 11th when parks open for AP potential usage.

I'm an AP holder from the city and feel confident enough that the order will be lifted that I booked JFK-MCO for Labor Day weekend. Without going OT, given the current stats I don't see it being extended past the original expiry date. Certainly not into September.

Worst case scenario, it's still in effect, I cancel and get my JetBlue points back. If that is the case though I would hope Disney finds a fair recovery solution for us, especially given the sheer number of APs in the tri-state area. I'd be curious to see numbers on this but I would bet we represent a pretty big percentage of out of state APs.

Oh I fully understand, we're in Orange County and were being held up because of Westchester.....
I'm in the Dutchess County in the Hudson Valley region, which includes Westchester, and we are in phase 2. I too felt we were initially being held up by Westchester, but I'm fine with it now.
Disney can't go above an EO, it's not their rules it's the state
I think we "the affected" are understanding of this. My gripe is that Disney must understand that the travelers from this region feel they are being unfairly discriminated against at this point in the outbreak. They have no control (they actually do through lobbying measures) over the Desantis' decision. What they have control over is how they respond to that EO. They are passing the buck. They seemingly have no plan, at least not one they are willing to share publicly at this time. For DVC and AP owners who are denied access to that for which they paid, they should be treating cases individually. A simple statement like, "we understand that during the initial phase of reopening, many guests from __________ areas are adversely affected by governmental travel restrictions that will severely restrict their ability to stay at their home resorts/access our parks. If travel restrictions are not lifted by seven days before your scheduled arrival, we promise to deal with each of these guests on an individual basis in order to address inequities the travel restrictions have caused."

That said, I did the math. I am wondering if they know something we don't and are not allowed to share. The seemingly random date of June 22 happens to line up perfectly with the date that NYC region will enter phase 2 of reopening. 🤔
The "new" order as written has no end date, allowing Desantis flexibility to announce a lifting of the policy before the EO end date of July 7th. All plans were submitted and approved prior to his June 5th signing. Could he lift the order on June 22nd?

I'm in the Dutchess County in the Hudson Valley region, which includes Westchester, and we are in phase 2. I too felt we were initially being held up by Westchester, but I'm fine with it now.

I think we "the affected" are understanding of this. My gripe is that Disney must understand that the travelers from this region feel they are being unfairly discriminated against at this point in the outbreak. They have no control (they actually do through lobbying measures) over the Desantis' decision. What they have control over is how they respond to that EO. They are passing the buck. They seemingly have no plan, at least not one they are willing to share publicly at this time. For DVC and AP owners who are denied access to that for which they paid, they should be treating cases individually. A simple statement like, "we understand that during the initial phase of reopening, many guests from __________ areas are adversely affected by governmental travel restrictions that will severely restrict their ability to stay at their home resorts/access our parks. If travel restrictions are not lifted by seven days before your scheduled arrival, we promise to deal with each of these guests on an individual basis in order to address inequities the travel restrictions have caused."

That said, I did the math. I am wondering if they know something we don't and are not allowed to share. The seemingly random date of June 22 happens to line up perfectly with the date that NYC region will enter phase 2 of reopening. 🤔
The "new" order as written has no end date, allowing Desantis flexibility to announce a lifting of the policy before the EO end date of July 7th. All plans were submitted and approved prior to his June 5th signing. Could he lift the order on June 22nd?

Good points. Since DVC is a timeshare and those are owners, maybe there is some hope that it will lift by then! We can only hope!

This is the the response I got from the FL Health Department:

“Please note that the COVID-19 Call Center cannot interpret executive orders or determine when executive orders will expire. The COVID-19 Call Center cannot make determinations on the requirement for self-isolation when arriving to Florida from areas with substantial community spread. The decision to recommend isolation will be made by staff at the COVID-19 checkpoint on an individual basis.

You may be required to isolate depending on the decision made by the COVID-19 checkpoint staff.”

🙄🙄🙄

Others have mentioned it’s due to expire July 7th. Unless there’s a spike in cases from any of our states, I can't imagine they’d extend it. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone! 🤞🏻
The Republican National Convention is going to be held in Jacksonville in August. Restrictions will be gone by then because Trump told the governor of NC where it was supposed to held tht he did not want any restrictions ex. masks, max capacity, social distancing, etc. The NC gov said he didn't know what restrictions would be in place in August and if there were any, they would have to follow it. Convention was then moved to Jacksonville.

They should go by zip code. I live in western New York (Rochester) and we are in Phase 3 of reopening. I don't know why everyone in New York State has to self isolate. The scary thing is the virus numbers are rising in Florida. That's not good.

The Republican National Convention is going to be held in Jacksonville in August. Restrictions will be gone by then because Trump told the governor of NC where it was supposed to held tht he did not want any restrictions ex. masks, max capacity, social distancing, etc. The NC gov said he didn't know what restrictions would be in place in August and if there were any, they would have to follow it. Convention was then moved to Jacksonville.

I did see that! Good point!!! 👍🏻

We are in the same sinking boat, live in New York and can't go with the restriction of 14 day quarantine let alone the fact we will have to have reservations to get into the parks. I know this is a headache for Disney but it is also a migrane for all it's loyal passholders and vacation club owners. New York right now is doing better then Florida right now so don't understand the governor's policy.

They should go by zip code. I live in western New York (Rochester) and we are in Phase 3 of reopening. I don't know why everyone in New York State has to self isolate. The scary thing is the virus numbers are rising in Florida. That's not good.
the main reasoning is that if you are flying from one of these states you will be in direct contact, for a number of hours, with people from all over the state and surrounding states, so you are potentially exposed to the virus

the main reasoning is that if you are flying from one of these states you will be in direct contact, for a number of hours, with people from all over the state and surrounding states, so you are potentially exposed to the virus
Then why station cops at the border to stop car travel? The main reason was clear and perhaps warranted in March and April. In June, sadly, the main reason feels political. I just saw a clip of Desantis being questioned about their fast rising cases and he said, "if you look at places like New York...". He's still actively trying to make the case that we are in worse shape. I guess he can't read a line graph. 😜

Then why station cops at the border to stop car travel? The main reason was clear and perhaps warranted in March and April. In June, sadly, the main reason feels political. I just saw a clip of Desantis being questioned about their fast rising cases and he said, "if you look at places like New York...". He's still actively trying to make the case that we are in worse shape. I guess he can't read a line graph. 😜
bingo!1
but there´s no talk of politics on the board, so
move along...move along
I was also just referencing the reasoning behind the screenings at the airport not the ground travel

Yeah, I've started to keep an eye on the trends and started thinking about us choosing not to go to an area where transmission is increasing rather than decreasing or remaining steady. If that's the case, my whole fretting over when the EO will be lifted will be all for naught!

I like that idea. I'm in the tri-state area and have been keeping my eye out on places we could drive to for a week over the summer, so have been keeping up on the travel restrictions in mid-Atlantic/New England states. What you suggested is basically what VT is doing for now. They broke it down by county and have stated any person living in a county in the region that has a case count the same or lower than VT's is welcome to vacation in VT. Right now, that's basically bordering counties in NY and NH.

How can you show that you have been quarantined for 14 days? If we drive and do quarantine for 14 days somewhere along the route Before we reach Fla, how would Disney know? Thinking of staying at a friend’s house (they will not be there).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter