April 2015 Happy Dance!!!!

I just booked our second trip to WDW for April 2015! I'm so excited!! We got a PIN code so booked CBR for Apr 18-26. Never expected to be staying in a moderate! Now to find a cheap flight... :)

We made our ADRs the other day! Going to go to Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch on Easter Sunday (never been there before, but my sister worked there so we have to go!) and Be Our Guest!

I really enjoyed LTT lunch this year! Pot roast and Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake were both yummy (that pot roast really hit the spot on a cool, damp day).

I'm rockin' my ticker to 4/18 - first trip NOT in winter, and I'm curious to see how the weather and crowds work out. Can't wait to ride Splash again (it was closed for my last 2 trips), eager to check out Flower & Garden at Epcot, and totally ready to be up at 5 am on Monday to book ADRs!

Was it for free dining?

No it was a package discount.

And we've been booked for a whole two days and have already decided to spend an additional day at the beginning of or trip. Yay! Our 180 days opens tomorrow so I'll be getting up in the middle of the night to book our dining resos.

No it was a package discount.

And we've been booked for a whole two days and have already decided to spend an additional day at the beginning of or trip. Yay! Our 180 days opens tomorrow so I'll be getting up in the middle of the night to book our dining resos.

No need to wake in the middle of the night...unless you're in a different time zone...on line ADR's don't start until 6 am and on the phone at 7 am. :thumbsup2

Looks like PixieT78 is in the Pacific time zone, so 3 am for online ADRs. :) I'm glad it's only 5 am for me (and Monday's a work day, so it won't hurt me to be up early anyway).

I need to get my poop in a group and get my plans together for ADR day on Friday. I've been super busy with work and being sick and I have a group of clients going next week so have been working on their plans. I have to hunker down tomorrow and start making colored charts and graphs and spreadsheets so I can get in planning mode for my own trip.
Even more exciting/nervewracking is Southwest releases flights next week............my whole trip hinges on getting cheap flights so I will be obsessively checking on those as well.:eek:

Woo-hoo! Made my ADRs this morning and got all I wanted (including BOG). Then when I came home, I had an envelope in my mailbox - my personalized "Incredibles" booklet about my upcoming vacation! Hurry up, ticker, let's go go go!

Oh, and I just read that the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge have announced that their new baby is due April, 2015. Is it awful of me that my first thought was, "Hey, maybe the stand in the UK pavilion will give out free fish and chips when the baby is born!" :upsidedow

Got all of our ADR's for 10 people this morning! We weren't trying for any super hard ones or anything and we are really trying to keep the ADR's down this trip, but got:

Akershus Princess Breakfast (have had lunch there before)
'Ohana Breakfast (have only had dinner there before)
Biergarten Dinner (one of our favorites)
Via Napoli Lunch (my oldest DD's 11th birthday dinner)

Still have to figure out if we are going to do Hoop-de-Doo or not, and what date...:surfweb:

I didn't have anything super-hard to get so it was no big deal for me to make my ADRs. I only made some as there's plenty of time to make the others since they won't be anything in high demand. These are all first time for me. I got:

4/22 - arrival day - 1900 PF for dinner

4/25 - Garden Grill for dinner

4/27 - Ohana for breakfast

I still need to make a Hollywood & vine lunch and a MK dinner - not sure what it will be. I've never been to Tonys or the Plaza so may do one of those although I'm tempted to do Crystal Palace again just because the food doesn't excite me at Tonys or Plaza and at least at CP i'll have a buffet to choose from.

Then I'll have one more to make for our AK half day (swimming/resort in the afternoon) and I might just do the restaurant at Coronado that night. Unless I can think of something at another resort that I want to try, or perhaps DTD. Is anyone keeping up with the DTD reno news - is it still going to be in complete disarray in April?

I just stumbled on this thread and Im joining in! I'm going on my first solo trip in April. I'm staying at AoA from the 19th to the 26th and will be in Disney on my birthday!

I just stumbled on this thread and Im joining in! I'm going on my first solo trip in April. I'm staying at AoA from the 19th to the 26th and will be in Disney on my birthday!

Welcome! I'll be at AoA the 18th to the 26th (but some days in the middle we're going to Universal)! Welcome!

We got all the ADRs we wanted with only a couple of adjustments of time required. Our plan:

4/17 - arrival day and currently unplanned. I am trying to convince DH not to do HOB that day so we can go to MK :)
4/18 - Akershus dinner (Epcot with possible MK rope drop)
4/19 - quick service only (DHS day)
4/20 - Hoop De Doo (US/IOA day)
4/21 - Le Cellier dinner (off day - possibly wandering World Showcase before dinner if we feel like it)
4/22-Crystal Palace brekkie and BOG dinner(!!) (MK day obviously)
4/23- no ADRs (US/IOA)
4/24-Mama Melrose Fantasmic dinner (US morning and DHS afternoon)
4/25 - Boma dinner (in between AK and MK)

Right now we are booked on the Dining Plan but I go back and forth about whether or not to do it.

Congrats to all! Especially to first-trippers! :yay:

Just booked April 17-25 at Pop Century..tried getting AoA Little Mermaid since we fell in love with it this past trip, but all booked up. Looking forward to staying across the pond though! :)

April 17 - Drive Down Day
April 18 - Rest from Drive Down and Resort Hangout Day :)
April 19 - Epcot Day
April 20 - Chill Day - DTD or Resort Hopping or both
April 21 - MK with ADR for BOG!
April 22 - Chill Day with a half day at Epcot for lunch/dinner
April 23 - Universal Day
April 24 - MK Day

Hi everyone!! We just booked a trip April 28 - May 5!!! So excited! This will be our children's first trip to WDW!! DD4 & DS2 DH & I have been many times, but haven't been since our Honeymoon in Oct 2008. We are booked at the POP Century & I had a pin code for 25% off!! We have never been this time of year so we don't know how the crowds are or the weather, etc. I did some research & it doesn't seem to be too bad at this time of year! Now I just need to decide which ADRs to get!! :cool1:

Just booked April 17-25 at Pop Century..tried getting AoA Little Mermaid since we fell in love with it this past trip, but all booked up. Looking forward to staying across the pond though! :)

We'll be at AoA Cars at about the same time!

Hi everyone!! We just booked a trip April 28 - May 5!!! So excited! This will be our children's first trip to WDW!! DD4 & DS2 DH & I have been many times, but haven't been since our Honeymoon in Oct 2008. We are booked at the POP Century & I had a pin code for 25% off!! We have never been this time of year so we don't know how the crowds are or the weather, etc. I did some research & it doesn't seem to be too bad at this time of year! Now I just need to decide which ADRs to get!! :cool1:

So exciting!! There is NOTHING like a child's first trip to Disney! One of my favorite pics is of my son trying to see the castle over the throngs of people going up Main Street at RD.

You're going at a great time! Weather is usually beautiful and crowds are very low.

Good luck picking your ADR's!

Congrats to all! Especially to first-trippers! :yay:

April 17 - Drive Down Day
April 18 - Rest from Drive Down and Resort Hangout Day :)
April 19 - Epcot Day
April 20 - Chill Day - DTD or Resort Hopping or both
April 21 - MK with ADR for BOG!
April 22 - Chill Day with a half day at Epcot for lunch/dinner
April 23 - Universal Day
April 24 - MK Day

FYI for those like you two staying at Pop or All Stars...be prepared for TONS of cheerleaders Apr 25-27 and May 1-3 as there are two big competitions those weekends. :goodvibes We will probably (hopefully) be back at the end of April (our vacation is Mar 31-Apr4) for the first competition and I JUST realized that was just weeks after our vacation. :)

FYI for those like you two staying at Pop or All Stars...be prepared for TONS of cheerleaders Apr 25-27 and May 1-3 as there are two big competitions those weekends. :goodvibes We will probably (hopefully) be back at the end of April (our vacation is Mar 31-Apr4) for the first competition and I JUST realized that was just weeks after our vacation. :)

Thanks for the heads up! So, these cheerleaders will be staying at POP and/or the All Stars Resorts? Not fun! :rolleyes2 Anyone have any experience with the cheerleaders in the past? Should we avoid these Resorts all together? I would love to stay at CBR but it's just not in our budget. AoA is completely sold out! Not really any other options I guess! :-/

We'll be at AoA Cars at about the same time!

So exciting!! There is NOTHING like a child's first trip to Disney! One of my favorite pics is of my son trying to see the castle over the throngs of people going up Main Street at RD.

You're going at a great time! Weather is usually beautiful and crowds are very low.

Good luck picking your ADR's!

Thank You! We are super excited! I can't wait to see Disney through my children's eyes!! :) So much has changed in WDW since we have been in 2008! Looking forward to it all!!

Thanks for the heads up! So, these cheerleaders will be staying at POP and/or the All Stars Resorts? Not fun! :rolleyes2 Anyone have any experience with the cheerleaders in the past? Should we avoid these Resorts all together? I would love to stay at CBR but it's just not in our budget. AoA is completely sold out! Not really any other options I guess! :-/

Yes they will stay at Pop, All Star Music (most likely but the comp. hasn't confirmed) and Caribbean Beach so moving there isn't a great option. :( These are two very BIG competitions so when I say a lot I mean A LOT of cheerleaders. 2 of my girls cheer and I don't ever stay where most of the cheerleaders stay. :rotfl: I'm not saying that you would have an issue persay just be prepared for long lines in the cafe, bus lines, crowded pools and teams practicing throughout the grassy areas of the resort. All depends on your personality I guess as well as if you go to bed early or have kids that you might want to take naps. Things might be a little more noisier than usual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter