April Check-In **Official**

My family is made up of HUGE Star Wars fans! Hubby and I are old school and my teens love the new episodes. We plan on spending a lot of time in SGE. We are hoping to get on RotR, but we know it is difficult. We already have reservations at Savi’s workshop and I am debating doing the droids, but I am sure we will. Oga’s Cantina!! I am so excited to go in and listen to the band. I feel like this experience is going to give my family the full experience!!

For anyone interested, I think they’ve done some other special meals at Storyteller’s for Thanksgiving and Christmas and now they’ve added a Character Buffet for Easter.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/grand-californian-hotel/storytellers-cafe/Easter Sunday Buffets – All Day
Hop on over on April 12, 2020 and join us for a festive brunch or dinner featuring some delightful Disney Characters.
Anticipate an enticing Easter fare during an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet and the opportunity to meet some favorite Characters as they stroll from table to table.
  • Brunch buffet: 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
  • Dinner buffet: 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM
For reservations, please check availability and book online up to 60 days prior to your visit. Reservations can also be made in person on a limited basis, subject to availability.

Thanks! I got a reservation for Oga's....2 different days! My hubby is excited about the alcohol part lol.

Now debating on the droid...$100?? But they said my son would be allowed to use it around the park? I assume just in Star Wars land. Hmmm

We are debating the droid too. I think you can carry the droid around the park, it interacts with certain places in the park. I don’t think you are allowed to drive it around the park. It would be to much of a trip hazard.

We are debating the droid too. I think you can carry the droid around the park, it interacts with certain places in the park. I don’t think you are allowed to drive it around the park. It would be to much of a trip hazard.
Hmm.. yes that makes sense that's why I thought just in Star Wars land. Hmm, I could see lots of fits when my son wants to drive it lol. But- that's cool about the interaction! All through the park?

Can someone help me understand something? If we start at DCA on a day it opens for early hours and we aren't eligible, will a lot of the FPs already be selected? What time do they start scanning in regular guests for say an 8:00 am opening (that had already opened at 7 am).

I'm confused how to "plan" the day if we start here one morning (both days we are in the parks DCA opens early).

Thanks!

Can someone help me understand something? If we start at DCA on a day it opens for early hours and we aren't eligible, will a lot of the FPs already be selected? What time do they start scanning in regular guests for say an 8:00 am opening (that had already opened at 7 am).

I'm confused how to "plan" the day if we start here one morning (both days we are in the parks DCA opens early).

Thanks!

As long as you can get into the park around park opening you can certainly get a good start on fast passes for the day. When they let you in can vary - usually they open the gates and let people in around 7:45 but then you wait at rope drop for a particular area of the park. However, once your ticket is scanned then you can book fast passes right away even before the park officially opens. Then with that fast pass scheduled you can make your way to whichever ride you want to wait stanby for. I would not worry, there are lots of fast passes if you show up very early and keep on top of ordering them as soon as the window opens!

For anyone interested, I think they’ve done some other special meals at Storyteller’s for Thanksgiving and Christmas and now they’ve added a Character Buffet for Easter.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/grand-californian-hotel/storytellers-cafe/Easter Sunday Buffets – All Day
Hop on over on April 12, 2020 and join us for a festive brunch or dinner featuring some delightful Disney Characters.
Anticipate an enticing Easter fare during an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet and the opportunity to meet some favorite Characters as they stroll from table to table.
  • Brunch buffet: 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM
  • Dinner buffet: 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM
For reservations, please check availability and book online up to 60 days prior to your visit. Reservations can also be made in person on a limited basis, subject to availability.
Thank you! I have added this to the first page. No new check-ins, so everyone should still be up to date.

They are all sold out!!!
Then you need to be checking quickly (very!) for inventory through the other authorized discount vendors, e.g. aRes, GAT, LMTC, etc. This is why we tell people here not to wait after a price increase -- the ticket stock at the old prices does not last long -- and the discount vendors will only sell the old price stock until it runs out. Some vendors had announced their deadline as Feb. 20th.

Then you need to be checking quickly (very!) for inventory through the other authorized discount vendors, e.g. aRes, GAT, LMTC, etc. This is why we tell people here not to wait after a price increase -- the ticket stock at the old prices does not last long -- and the discount vendors will only sell the old price stock until it runs out. Some vendors had announced their deadline as Feb. 20th.
I have a whole bunch of gift cards and I'm playing mental math if I should be turning the gift cards into Disney Gift Cards and just purchase through the site or try to combine all these gift cards to purchase through a discounted re-seller. I know in my brain that I should buy the discount tickets via "cash" and then use the gift cards towards Disney in some form once we are there. It's just a game in my head.

I have a whole bunch of gift cards and I'm playing mental math if I should be turning the gift cards into Disney Gift Cards and just purchase through the site or try to combine all these gift cards to purchase through a discounted re-seller. I know in my brain that I should buy the discount tickets via "cash" and then use the gift cards towards Disney in some form once we are there. It's just a game in my head.
If you don't mind paying the increased ticket price, then fine. But if you think you want to try to get the old price, you're running out of options quickly. At least try calling around to see if anyone is still selling the old ticket stock. (If no one is, then that answers that question, right?)

So we have decided to do the split stay and do 4 nights at HOJO and 4 at the DLH. I certainly hope that makes the trip a bit more special. Countdown is on!

So we have decided to do the split stay and do 4 nights at HOJO and 4 at the DLH. I certainly hope that makes the trip a bit more special. Countdown is on!
I added your split-stay to the first post!

You guys, my son has the flu AGAIN! Two flus! And he even had a flu shot! I am so over this stupid winter and counting the days until we can get out of here and bask in some California sun (and humidity). 38 days to go....

Thanks!
If you have park hoppers you can try to go
Looking forward to hear how you like the DLH. I just booked a 3 day stay with my parents for November. They don't know it yet but I splurged on Club Level - I think they'll enjoy that. I figured we could get away with 1 meal in the park if we have club level plus my parents will most likely want to rest mid day. I normally am a pick whatever is cheapest hotel along harbor but wanted to do one stay on-site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter