April Check-In **Official**

On top of all the ride closures, now it looks like World of Color will be also be down while we are there, and I was planning to get a dessert party reservation. The only other time we've been to Disneyland was when it was down a couple years ago. Zero luck...Will there just not be any nighttime shows Monday thru Thursday?

I know I’m late to the conversation, but I live on the WA coast. We are making a contingency plan to drive if air travel is disrupted. I don’t think it will get that far. we will only postpone if the parks close.

I know I’m late to the conversation, but I live on the WA coast. We are making a contingency plan to drive if air travel is disrupted. I don’t think it will get that far. we will only postpone if the parks close.

I used Google maps to see how long the drive would be for me and it came back at nearly 18 hours each way. I don't want to drive that!

I used Google maps to see how long the drive would be for me and it came back at nearly 18 hours each way. I don't want to drive that!
maybe break it out into a 2 day drive if you can. I've done the drive from SF to San Diego and it's a 10 -11 hour drive and it was brutal! Now I do a stop off in Anaheim(disneyland) before heading to San Diego. :)

It’s hard to do in one day, but we have done it before. But it is best to stay overnight somewhere :) In fact the Hubby and I will be doing it next spring break! Flying is better though :).

It’s hard to do in one day, but we have done it before. But it is best to stay overnight somewhere :) In fact the Hubby and I will be doing it next spring break! Flying is better though :).
It's almost 23 hours each way for us... I guess that might be our back up plan?

I doubt we will have to worry about a back up plan though! The airlines are taking extra precautions! We are going to have so much fun!!!

I'm debating signing up for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. It looks really cool, but it takes a bit of time and costs bit. I do have 5 full days, but I'm guessing it will be busy for spring break.

My daughter and I did this tour back in 2014 and it was very nice. You do need to take the time for it though, but it's very informative. If I were to do it again I'd book it on a busy day - when they offer it during the afternoon - as I think it's a better thing to be doing mid day when the park is at it's busiest.

For anyone who booked Dapper Day rates, and are now concerned about going to the parks, I heard back from DD on the matter via Facebook. They will be allowing cancellations. Wanted to pass along the info for anyone else in the same boat:

In consultation with Disney, they have agreed to change the group rooms cancellation policy for this season, given the circumstances.

All room reservations can now be canceled up to 5 days before the reservation’s check-in date. If the room is canceled at least 5 days before check-in, guests will receive their 1-night's room deposit back.

You can modify your room reservation online here: https://book.passkey.com/event/49896804/owner/29100/home, calling Disney Group Reservations at 714-520-5005 or by emailing DLR.CONVENTION.GROUPS@DISNEY.COM

Our website has also been updated with the following info:
UPDATE Novel Coronavirus concerns: We're happening! Our Spring Expo will only be postponed or cancelled if required by government agencies, or the Disneyland Resort. As with any illness, for the safety of yourself and others, please stay home if you are feeling unwell. For info regarding how the Disneyland Resort is responding to the situation please see https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/coronavirus-response/

For anyone who booked Dapper Day rates, and are now concerned about going to the parks, I heard back from DD on the matter via Facebook. They will be allowing cancellations. Wanted to pass along the info for anyone else in the same boat:

In consultation with Disney, they have agreed to change the group rooms cancellation policy for this season, given the circumstances.

All room reservations can now be canceled up to 5 days before the reservation’s check-in date. If the room is canceled at least 5 days before check-in, guests will receive their 1-night's room deposit back.

You can modify your room reservation online here: https://book.passkey.com/event/49896804/owner/29100/home, calling Disney Group Reservations at 714-520-5005 or by emailing DLR.CONVENTION.GROUPS@DISNEY.COM

Our website has also been updated with the following info:
UPDATE Novel Coronavirus concerns: We're happening! Our Spring Expo will only be postponed or cancelled if required by government agencies, or the Disneyland Resort. As with any illness, for the safety of yourself and others, please stay home if you are feeling unwell. For info regarding how the Disneyland Resort is responding to the situation please see https://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/coronavirus-response/
Thank you for this update! I've added it to the first page.

We’ve decided to cancel our April trip with additional travel restrictions being implemented, but at least airlines are now waiving change fees. Look forward to our planned trips in October & December 🙁 I hope you all have great vacations & enjoy spring at DL!
These are always such hard decisions! But I'm glad you have two more trips in the works. I've removed you from the list.

Unfortunately we now have to cancel our trip too - we are coming from New Zealand and so there is just too much risk travelling internationally now our travel insurance won't cover pandemic :( we are so upset as have been planning and saving for this for years its a once in a lifetime holiday for our family. We are hoping we could rebook but it is hard to know at the moment when will be safe to rebook for. Our Disney tickets say they are valid until Jan 2021 - I wonder if Disney will allow extentions to ticket validity with everything now

Unfortunately we now have to cancel our trip too - we are coming from New Zealand and so there is just too much risk travelling internationally now our travel insurance won't cover pandemic :( we are so upset as have been planning and saving for this for years its a once in a lifetime holiday for our family. We are hoping we could rebook but it is hard to know at the moment when will be safe to rebook for. Our Disney tickets say they are valid until Jan 2021 - I wonder if Disney will allow extentions to ticket validity with everything now
Hang in there! You are so right about the difficulty making any decisions now with all the uncertainty. DLR tickets retain their monetary value even after the expiration date. So even if you had to wait until after Jan. 2021 to visit, you could take your expired (unused) tickets to the ticket booths, buy new tickets, and only pay the difference between the two.
Now, the only caveat here is if your tickets are the NZ 10 day tickets which aren't sold at DLR. In that case, I would contact Disney to ask specifically about this. I'm sure your tickets will retain their value, but you should double check about how to purchase new tickets, since you wouldn't be able to do so at DLR.

Hang in there! You are so right about the difficulty making any decisions now with all the uncertainty. DLR tickets retain their monetary value even after the expiration date. So even if you had to wait until after Jan. 2021 to visit, you could take your expired (unused) tickets to the ticket booths, buy new tickets, and only pay the difference between the two.
Now, the only caveat here is if your tickets are the NZ 10 day tickets which aren't sold at DLR. In that case, I would contact Disney to ask specifically about this. I'm sure your tickets will retain their value, but you should double check about how to purchase new tickets, since you wouldn't be able to do so at DLR.
Oh thank you so much, that is really helpful to hear. We got the 5 day park hopper and max pass off the disney website so it sounds like we could keep them and then even if we don't go until say April next year we could pay the difference

Oh thank you so much, that is really helpful to hear. We got the 5 day park hopper and max pass off the disney website so it sounds like we could keep them and then even if we don't go until say April next year we could pay the difference
Yes, the 5 day + MP should be fine. You would just go right to the ticket booths with the unused tickets to apply them toward new tickets with MP. And you would only pay any price difference. So don't throw those tickets away! Take photos of them with clear images of the bar codes and numbers on the back. Keep the receipt/invoice -- and a screenshot or photo of that, too. Keep all the photos in a safe place as a backup. And come on back here to plan your April trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter