April Check-In **Official**

I booked the Fantasmic Dining Package for April 26th but it's our arrival date, so not ideal. Is Fantasmic definitely not showing during the week at the end of April or is it possible that may change?

I booked the Fantasmic Dining Package for April 26th but it's our arrival date, so not ideal. Is Fantasmic definitely not showing during the week at the end of April or is it possible that may change?

If it does show up as available then you can always book for a different day and then cancel the 26th.

I would not be surprised if it's now showing mid week - we have been there that time of year before and park hours are a bit shorter during the week then.

Getting closer and I can see the park hours for our trip! Sunday, Easter, will be our biggest day in the parks. I say this because even though we have all day Monday in the parks, our flight Tuesday morning is at 7:00 am so I'm thinking we will have to leave our hotel for the airport around 5:00 which means 4:30 am wake up call. (SNA - I've never seen it crowded plus we have Clear).

Easter Sunday we will have a break around 5:00 to meet up with our family at Tortilla Jo's. Is this place good/fun? I think we will enjoy the margaritas by then.

Also getting excited by the Food and Wine reports and the new parade. I'm also researching daily on a solid touring plan since this is all brand new to us. I'm a bit worried about coronavirus causing us to cancel (not by us, but by the airline/parks, etc). This trip is also a SoCal trip to see family so I really hope it all comes together! I'm now feeling comfortable that I haven't bought park tickets yet (I was so frustrated when UT sold out of the discounted tix, but now I am ok with it)

My to do list still includes: snack lists, learning more about DAS, possible lunch reservations, practicing getting BGs, studying maps some more to figure out how we will get to the parks, and keeping fingers crossed on coronavirus reports.

One question - can we take an Uber from Homewood Suites (near Toy Story Lot) to the hotel that is right across the crosswalk (Best Western I believe)? We are an ubering family just out of our own patience level.

Woo-hoo!!!!!

... One question - can we take an Uber from Homewood Suites (near Toy Story Lot) to the hotel that is right across the crosswalk (Best Western I believe)? We are an ubering family just out of our own patience level...
Many of the businesses (hotels and restaurants) across Harbor from the DLR entrance have signs saying that ride share drop offs for DLR are not permitted on their property. You will need to be dropped off at the Harbor drop off lot. Just time your pick up to be 10-15 minutes early so that you'll have plenty of time to make the U-turn at Ball and get dropped off at the Harbor lot. Or you could take the TS shuttles which will drop you off closer to the bag check stations.

Many of the businesses (hotels and restaurants) across Harbor from the DLR entrance have signs saying that ride share drop offs for DLR are not permitted on their property. You will need to be dropped off at the Harbor drop off lot. Just time your pick up to be 10-15 minutes early so that you'll have plenty of time to make the U-turn at Ball and get dropped off at the Harbor lot. Or you could take the TS shuttles which will drop you off closer to the bag check stations.
Thank you for that helpful info. Are the shuttles able to turn right into that area without making that u-turn?

I've been waiting to book WOC Dinner for 5/1. It showed up for 5/2 today but is off the calendar the prior week from 4/22-5/1. I thought it ran everynight. Is there a refurb going on or something else? Do you think this is a glitch and it will be added for 5/1?

I've been waiting to book WOC Dinner for 5/1. It showed up for 5/2 today but is off the calendar the prior week from 4/22-5/1. I thought it ran everynight. Is there a refurb going on or something else? Do you think this is a glitch and it will be added for 5/1?

I am trying to book the Dessert Package for that week and am wondering the same now if it will be down during that time. Oh well! Saves me some $ I guess.

Just booked my cheap flight from Phoenix...I'll be there 04/18-21...Deluxe PH here, but might upgrade prior to my trip because that Saturday is a blocked day...or I'll just visit Knotts Berry Farm that day instead...

I just called Disney Dining Reservations today. It is dark from April 22 to May 1. I was planning on getting WoC dining reservatins. We are only there April 26-29 so we will have to miss it, unfortunately. Bit disappointed Disney didn't make this down time more obvious before we booked, we've never seen WoC.

I just called Disney Dining Reservations today. It is dark from April 22 to May 1. I was planning on getting WoC dining reservatins. We are only there April 26-29 so we will have to miss it, unfortunately. Bit disappointed Disney didn't make this down time more obvious before we booked, we've never seen WoC.
Oh no really?! We are travelling all the way from New Zealand and won't be back again so I guess we will miss out on seeing WOC :( So gutted, my daughter has been saying she is so excited about watching this and we really wanted to do a WOC dining package

Nooooooo! It was down 2 years ago when we were there. I was so looking forward to it. We are there the 27- 1st. So much is going to be closed.... :(

Is anyone else really bummed about both Haunted Mansion and Snow White being closed at the same time? For fans of dark rides and/or haunted houses, there's no other way to say it than this sucks. Very poor planning.

Is anyone else really bummed about both Haunted Mansion and Snow White being closed at the same time? For fans of dark rides and/or haunted houses, there's no other way to say it than this sucks. Very poor planning.
I am super bummed, mostly for Snow White since we have been able to ride HM many times at WDW. I'm still nervous for Indy to go down for the trip. Frustrating for sure, but I guess a reason to go back one day!

I am super bummed, mostly for Snow White since we have been able to ride HM many times at WDW. I'm still nervous for Indy to go down for the trip. Frustrating for sure, but I guess a reason to go back one day!

We've only been to Disneyland once, 2 years ago. This April is our 2nd trip. Now, as WDW vets, we weren't sure what we would think, but we absolutely loved it! That being said, we had trips to Disneyland planned back in 2006, but never ended up going because every trip we planned, something major (or multiple attractions) was closed. We planned trips literally during every time of the year, but it never failed. Most things were open for our 1st trip, with the exception of all of Pixar Pier. What we learned is, it's just the way Disneyland is. It's not a destination to the same extent that WDW is. The majority of guests are residents of Southern California and they know, it's not a big deal if multiple rides are down at the same time. Case in point, watch some videos on YouTube of people trying to get boarding passes fopr ROTR. If they can't get them, there's a mass exodus out of the park at 8:05AM. You'd never see that at WDW.

Last edited:
We've only been to Disneyland once, 2 years ago. This April is our 2nd trip. Now, as WDW vets, we weren't sure what we would think, but we absolutely loved it! That being said, we had trips to Disneyland planned back in 2006, but never ended up going because every trip we planned, something major (or multiple attractions) was closed. We planned trips literally during every time of the year, but it never failed. Most things were open for our 1st trip, with the exception of all of Pixar Pier. What we learned is, it's just the way Disneyland is. It's not a destination to the same extent that WDW is. The majority of guests are residents of Southern California and they know, it's not a big deal if multiple rides are down at the same time. Case in point, watch some videos on YouTube of people trying to get boarding passes fopr ROTR. If they can't get them, there's a mass exodus out of the park at 8:05AM. You'd never see that at WDW.

True for the mass exodus. It does seem, though, that many (but certainly nowhere close to all) of those people are just heading to CA or for breakfast, and then come back, as numbers are pretty high (for this time of year) throughout the day.

However, the crazy exodus is just that... crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter