August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom2Belle&PeterPan said:
We're going to BOTH!!! Yahoo girlfriend, wanna join us?

Absoutely, Barbara!!! :cool1:

And Oh, Now i see the Curacao Video!!!! I haven't visited that site in a while!! SORRY!! Ok, Boy do i feel dumb sometimes... i will look at that tomorrow. I suppose they don't provide Closed Captioned!! :teeth:

Here's a sneak peek at Laura's outfit. Notice the hair? It's real!!
cruelladeville.jpg

mark & sandra said:
Not that we don't love you guys, but our party at H.I.S.P. is by invitation only!! We already have the main hall reserved and there will be food and entertainment. Grumbo and Jazzman do this crazy ventriloquist act and AuntyBrat and Ivanover have put together a scene from 101 Dalmations...Mark

Don't worry Barbara, We will get in... I have gotten away with many things in life...This will be easy!!

Bmwdsny said:
My DD has a social studies test tomorrow and i helped her studied. Guess on what??
One of them is The Panama Canal!! Perfect timing...

She had learned that France attempted to build the canal back in 1881, but 9 years later, after loss of millions of dollars, and thousands of workers died from Yellow Fever and Malaria, the French gave up.

Did you know at that time Panama was part of Columbia?

In 1902, the United States stepped in. Pres. T Roosevelt offered 10 million dollars to Columbia for a 10 mile wide strip of land across Panama. Colombia refused. In 1903, the USA helped a group of people in Panama rebel against Columbia. After Panama won its independence, it accepted Pres. Roosevelt offer.

This Doctor (William Gorgas) discovered that it was the mosquitoes that was carrying the germs that caused those diseases in the French workers.. Once that pests and disease was under control, work on the canal began. George W Goethals was the engineer in charge of the project. Dynamites and steam shovels were used to blast and dig through the mountains. They completed the canal in August 1914, 5 months ahead of schedule. It had now shorten a trip from NYC to San Francisco by 8,000 miles.

I was going to put this on the Children's fools thread but i wasn't sure if that is still going on...

Oh by the way, Thanks Renee, about the Space Bags tips. I wll def look into that!!

YEAH for Brianne, and thanks for sharing the info. Melinda!!! Still reading these posts...whoa, you guys chatted and chatted today!!!

Barbara

mark & sandra said:
Barbara, the streets of L.A. will be littered with the drunken remains of the sisterhood. Not that we don't love you guys, but our party at H.I.S.P. is by invitation only!! We already have the main hall reserved and there will be food and entertainment. Grumbo and Jazzman do this crazy ventriloquist act and AuntyBrat and Ivanover have put together a scene from 101 Dalmations...Mark

What, we're not invited?!!! Well, you can be da** certain that we WILL be crashin' your party...so, just invite us or else!!! (I live here ya' know, and I "know" people...lots of people who are willing to get me what I want...ROFL!!!)

Now, give Mel and I invitations!!!!!!! And, you'd better include Arlene and all my sisters who want to attend too!!!
Barbara

mississaugamom said:
The "Sisters in WaterWorld" thread is not relevant to you, unless you also want to pick up some good health and weight management tips to look good in a two-piece bathing suit by cruise time! (If you are planning to wear a nice two-piece, I'll be sure to have one of the D70's available to capture the moment!)
Arlene

Yeah Arlene, can you see the LooneyHOODs in their speedos...ROFL and then some...HA! HA! HA!

No need for invitations for either you or Melinda, Barbara. Maybe you can help out there?? Which outfit do you want?? Melinda fancys the one with the hat!!
cocktail_waitress_jennifer.jpg
cocktail_waitress_janie.jpg
sheila.jpg

Mel, Arlene, and Mark, just wondering...

Do you guys ever sleep??? It's 11:45 p.m. in your part of the world!!!

Your mothering friend,

Barbara ;)

mark & sandra said:
No need for invitations for either you or Melinda, Barbara. Maybe you can help out there?? Which outfit do you want?? Melinda fancys the one with the hat!!
cocktail_waitress_jennifer.jpg
cocktail_waitress_janie.jpg
sheila.jpg

Well, I look just like the girl in the middle so I'll take that get-up - will fit just right...ha, ha, ha, but it will be you LooneyHOODs who will serve us SISTERS!!!

(PS SISTERS, you know I am kidding about the above, but hey, if we get in good shape, heck...we can wear those clothes right?!!! )

OK, I've spent my evening here and there is only 10 minutes left of "Lost" and I really did want to see it. Oh well, priorities! ;)

Nite all, catch ya' on the next wave!

BJ

Mom2Belle&PeterPan said:
OK, I've spent my evening here and there is only 10 minutes left of "Lost" and I really did want to see it. Oh well, priorities! ;)
BJ
I recorded it :teeth: Hey what happened to Claire? I missed that episode.
V

winotracy said:
Update on the wine tasting list:

Winotracy (2)
Kmiles (2)
Winnyis (2)
piglet33 (2)
Bmwdsny (2)
mississaugamom (2)
Mom2Belle&PeterPan (1)
ca-disney-dad (1)
DisneyElf (2)
Sandygirl (2)
WideAwake (1)
Mark&Sandra (3)
Carolsherman (?)
Luv2Dream (2)
eye R.N. (?)
ehtpnt (4)
NYGiantsRule! (?)
YrMajesty3 (?)
paulcrsb (2)
EileenAmI (2)
rsschneck (4)
Otisp (2)
Denise W (1)
Jazzman (1)
Grumbo (6)
DenverVal (2)

Any more for the wine tasting?

Tracy

Tracy, I guess you missed my post way when!LOL

I want to join in!

Well, I'm almost caught up at work with all the Tax Crap!LOL

T4's going out Friday with Paycheques, so the guys will be happy!

It's gonna take me all weekend to catch up reading here! Good thing DD is going to a Sleepover this weekend!

Try to keep the chatter to a minimum guys!LOL

Scratch
pirate:

Update on the wine tasting list:

Winotracy (2)
Kmiles (2)
Winnyis (2)
piglet33 (2)
Bmwdsny (2)
mississaugamom (2)
Mom2Belle&PeterPan (1)
ca-disney-dad (1)
DisneyElf (2)
Sandygirl (2)
WideAwake (1)
Mark&Sandra (3)
Carolsherman (?)
Luv2Dream (2)
eye R.N. (?)
ehtpnt (4)
NYGiantsRule! (2)
YrMajesty3 (?)
paulcrsb (2)
EileenAmI (2)
rsschneck (4)
Otisp (2)
Denise W (1)
Jazzman (1)
Grumbo (6)
Scratch42 (1)
DenverVal (2)

I booked my airfare yesterday. Flying with my family to LAX on the 18th, then they'll take us to the port on Saturday! Don't know where we're staying yet but probably near DL. We're planning on going to DL on Friday. We still have to figure out how we're getting home. We'll probably rent a car from the airport and return it the next day.

Mark, I don't think we'll be taking the bus to MCO, unless you think it will be leaving earlier. We want to get out as soon as possible to get to Epcot for the day. We have to leave late afternoon.

Also, we are planning to greet the Magic in May! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc We just booked our flight for that yesterday. We'll meet our DIS friends (yes, Mark, I can still call them friends, even after you tried to corrupt them with your antics!!) and spend a few days at DL!! I can't wait!

Anyone up for a mini DIS meet at the port on May 28?

Tracy

Believe it or not, Florida actually does have a few small wineries around here. Never been to any of them and I'm not sure what types and qualities of wines they produce but it may call for a day-trip just to find out.

Nothing like a nice glass of Key Lime Wine, huh?

The following is from today's Toronto Sun. You now see why we pay so much for our flights up here. Its not the flights per se. It is the taxes on top of the "quoted" price.
Glad you got your flight booked Tracy :)
Thu, January 6, 2005

Flight to the poorhouse

LINDA LEATHERDALE FUMES OVER TAXES ON PLANE TICKETS AND THE CROWN RENT JUMP AT PEARSON

By LINDA LEATHERDALE, BUSINESS EDITOR
TORONTO SUN

WHY AM I so shocked? On a $159 airline ticket to Florida, my travel agent informs me I'll pay $185.13 in taxes. I nearly fall off my chair.

But, I should know. In many-a-column I've ranted on about the outrageous tax burden on flying our skies -- from navigation fees, a new air safety tax, security charges, airport improvement fees to immigration taxes, fuel surcharges and, of course, the dreaded GST on top of it all.

But, to really make my blood boil, this landed on my desk last night as I was wrapping up my column on yet another banner year for our hot record-breaking real estate market.

It was a news release warning the greedy taxman in Ottawa is again hiking Crown rents paid by Canada's airports, which have already skyrocketed by 25% since the tragic terrorist attacks of 9/11.

Now don't be fooled into thinking the whopping $300 million Ottawa is stiffing our airports in rent will somehow improve flight safety. The Crown rent money -- just like the Ontario FIBerals' hated health tax that's supposed to improve health care -- sits in general coffers, in easy reach of all those piggies at the tax trough.

Meanwhile, Toronto's Pearson International Airport -- from where I'll depart when I fly to Fort Lauderdale later this month -- is now the second most expensive airport in the world and the most expensive in North America to land a plane. With this new tax hike, Pearson will pay $140 million in Crown rent, which is 18% of its entire operating budget.

Believe me, the cost is passed on to the airlines and their travellers.

"It is time for the government to stop treating air travellers like cash cows," said Cliff Mackay, president and CEO of the Air Transport Association of Canada, which has teamed up with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce to fight back.

Mackay went on, "raising airport charges yet again, when the government is running large surpluses, is simply bad economic policy and runs counter to stated goals of job creation, economic growth and smart regulation."

Cheers,
Grumbo

With a few adds and some cancellations, the bus right now has 44 people signed up, so we do have room for more - at least 12 people. We are set up for two pick up points - HoJos and Grand Californian. $10 per person. Let me know if you want to be added.
Bob

Can we deduct postage for mailing the checks from the total payment? I mean really, Bob should cover that, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter