August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
mark & sandra said:
Hey Melinda, what do you think?? Check your PM...Mark

Are you joining the sisters by being like one, to let me know that i have a PM by posting???????
Oh Grumbo, He coming to our side!! WOOHOO!!

Mark, sent you a PM reply!!

Grumbo said:
Geez Bob I think you should keep your eye on your granddaughter. She isn't sure if she was going to put her in an old car seat, then can't remember if she is 2 or 5 months old and then admits she doesn't really want to bring her!!! Wow she is lucky to have caring grandparents like you and Mary that will look after her.
Yeah, this sounds ugly to me; definite potential for foul play here.

Bob, if your daughter visits you in your stateroom, don't let her out on the verandah with the kids unless you're there to supervise, OK?

-Jazz

Barbara,
Look for my PM!!

Going to make homemade lasagna now for dinner tonight..

Later..

kpgclark said:
If your TA told you that it is probably true. The rates have gone up considerably. For example, if there were cabins available to upgrade to now even if you booked the first day you'd have to pay the difference from day 1 price to todays rate. I think Disney knows they can sell the rooms easily now since they have a long wait list.

That didnt happen on my upgrade it was on the same tier, or 'difference, in the stateroom cost bands as the day I had booked on May 5th, but I do think adding a person is at current rates.

I checked this with DU and also I compared it with recent posts of other cruisers comparable rooms and booking on the first day.

Is anyone else going to try to catch the ship going thru the canal in May ?

Andrew - since you have done the canal before - what time zone will they be in (and assuming that we can get some MAY repo cruisers to let us know when they will be at the locks)?

I think I better join the fund for people who keep posting while at work :earboy2:

Erica

Andrew we are also using DU. We wanted to upgrade some time ago. I was told that I'd have to upgrade to whatever the CURRENT price is. For example if on the day I booked the following was true (assume we purchase Cat X):

Cat X $5000
Cat Y $5500

And today the prices are:
Cat X $7000
Cat Y $8000

to upgrade DU would say the upgrade price is $3000 (the difference between what we paid $5000 and what the Y currently goes for $8000)

DisneyElf said:
Is anyone else going to try to catch the ship going thru the canal in May ?

Erica

Oh, you mean on the cam, Erica? While reading your post I was thinking that you meant flying to Panama to see the ship go through the canal! Talk about a Cruisers Meet! :p

Yes, just checked.

Florida and Panama are both GMT -5. This means we have the same time zone. Or, since it's 2:28 PM here right now it is also 2:28 in Panama.

However, Panama does not have Daylight Savings Time like much of the U.S. So, during Daylight Savings Time Florida moves to GMT -4 and is thus an hour ahead of Panama.

<a href="http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/all.htm">Here's a cool site showing the current time for any country in the world!</a>

I'll be getting daily updates from the May cruise so we should be able to narrow down when the ship is going through.

Did I mention I'll be greeting the ship in California. Barbara, Susan, Laura, anybody, want to join me?

Bob, got your email. I think that we will do it but let me get back to you for sure. We were thinking about renting a car and dropping it off. I was told that they would shuttle me to the port. I am so torn as to what to do. I hate this feeling. I don't even have the HoJo's reservations yet. Normally, I would have it all put together. I know that we won't be going to DL though so that is why I was thinking about staying closer to port. DECISIONS!

For all of you talking about the suites, my last cruise (Oct 23, 2004) my very good friend had the Walt Disney Suite. It was unbelievable. Closet space galore. Huge master bedroom and bath, a nice dining room, 2 1/2 baths and so much more. We spent ALOT of time in there. From breakfast to Palo pizza and souffle at night. We got spoiled. The verandah held about 14 of us standing from one end to another. We are going again in 2007 with the same suite. I just don't think that we can duplicate such a wonderful cruise. We cruised with fellow disers that we met 2 years ago. We have remained good friends and talk daily. Nothing better than the DISboard!

Sandy, it really is beautiful, isn't it?

I love the baby grand. Such a nice touch even though it probably isn't used much.

I was talking to my children yesterday about what we should do in California for the day and a half we have there prior to the cruise. I told them about the various things there are to do in LA and Hollywood as well as about Disneyland. Now I thought the children would definitely want to go to Disneyland but they both surprised me. My son, 10 wants to see the King Tut exhibit that will be passing through LA. My daughter, 8 wants to see Chinatown (it is the largest Chinatown in the US) and Hollywood. Go figure!

kmiles said:
Sandy, it really is beautiful, isn't it?

I love the baby grand. Such a nice touch even though it probably isn't used much.

The baby grand really was a wonderful touch. Three people in our party were able to play it. Plus our server in the restaurants was able to come up and "party" with us for our breakfast. He played the piano for all of us and sang "Let it Be" by the Beatles. He became a friend rather than a server and the head server arranged that he could come up and be with us. What a memory!

Sandy: You have to stay at the HOJO since we are. You could see Kaleigh earlier. princess:

Very much looking forward to August! DH and I just started Weight Watchers, so I plan on being skinny come cruise time!

jiminyC_fan said:
The baby grand really was a wonderful touch. Three people in our party were able to play it. Plus our server in the restaurants was able to come up and "party" with us for our breakfast. He played the piano for all of us and sang "Let it Be" by the Beatles. He became a friend rather than a server and the head server arranged that he could come up and be with us. What a memory!

Wow. How cool is that?!

Perhaps the piano gets more use than I originally imagined. :D

Denine, I am going to be skinny too. Hang in there. We can do it together. Especially since we both want to lose about the same. When are you flying in? We will be there Fri Aug 19th in the morning. You know me, I want to be at the terminal the minute it opens and I am afraid with the bus that it won't get there till later.

winotracy said:
Update on the wine tasting list:

Any more for the wine tasting?

Tracy

Count us in (2). I don't even know the details. We can go as long as we can drop off DD, unless she is also invited. She will be almost 3.

kmiles said:
Wow. How cool is that?!

Perhaps the piano gets more use than I originally imagined. :D

You never know. Maybe we just happened to have a talented group. Yea, right! :rolleyes: It was an awesome time with the server. I am going to try and get him again for this cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter