August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
kmiles said:
Believe it or not, Florida actually does have a few small wineries around here. Never been to any of them and I'm not sure what types and qualities of wines they produce but it may call for a day-trip just to find out.

Nothing like a nice glass of Key Lime Wine, huh?

I love Key Lime! Don't know about it in wine though. Why don't you give it a taste test and let me know! Now that I think of it, I did try some Florida wines at one of the malls on International Ln (the one with FAO Schwartz). They weren't too bad. Didn't buy any, but did get a Rum Cake!!

Hope you don't mind, I stole your wine bottle :teeth:

Key Lime Martinis.......................... A tasty treat, especially at the Hollywood Brown Derby. Next time y'all are over there, kmiles, try one.

:cat:

Darlene Realized when I read your post that I was suffering from Bob disease. We are flying in on the 18th not the 19th. On the 19th I had better be at DL. If I'm not a certain head will role. And it won't be mine.

Melinda our daughter Mary is the Wrap Around Coordinator for the Easton Middle School. She works with the families and guidence people to help children at risk. I don't think any of the schools had even a late start this morning. All the stuff we were supposed to get must have gone north of here. So we have ice on the trees and bushes and slush on the grass. (very hard to smoke it that way.) No I've never tried it and certainly didn't inhale if I did.

Off now to the ironing board. It is sending subliminal messages. Oh sorry that was DH muttering about shirts.

Estelle :flower2:

:earsgirl::earsboy:

mickeyfan1 said:
Key Lime Martinis.......................... A tasty treat, especially at the Hollywood Brown Derby. Next time y'all are over there, kmiles, try one.

Now I have the sudden urge to leave work...

:D

Have to agree that the Key Lime Martinis are great.

Bought my 3 plane tickets (mine, Addison's and Best friend-Heather's).
Mine and Addison's portion of the cruise is PAID IN FULL!! Heather gave me a check for $500 yesterday--only $1486 to go for her!!! (Thank God for tax time!)

I calculated our minimum tips to be just over $150 each. ($152?? I think). So I need to put aside that times 2 for Addie and me.

Gonna also purchase trip insurance right before the 60 day mark.

Checked my Disney Visa acct.--I have about $340 Disney Dollars so far. Hope to have at least $500 by cruise time.

Need to send pops my $30 for the bus.

Sorry just thinking and calculating expenses out loud!

TTFN!!!!!

Hey---seeing as this will be my first time flying with a child (in her own seat)--I have some questions for those of you w/ kids. Do I need to bring her carseat for the plane?? Or is the plane seatbelt fine?? She'll only be 2 and not quite 1/2 years old. I am really hoping to not have to bring her carseat. Any info would be appreciated.

gassmandy said:
Hey---seeing as this will be my first time flying with a child (in her own seat)--I have some questions for those of you w/ kids. Do I need to bring her carseat for the plane?? Or is the plane seatbelt fine?? She'll only be 2 and not quite 1/2 years old. I am really hoping to not have to bring her carseat. Any info would be appreciated.

While it's a major pain to drag along a child's carseat, I think I would bring it. It's safer (and more familiar) for them on the plane than just sitting in the seat, especially since they won't be able to see out the window of the plane. (The car seat will automatically have to be placed at a window seat - FAA regulations). We flew to Hawaii (11 hour flights! :earseek: several times while Lara was still in a carseat.)

Also, I think your Dad mentioned that car seats are required in California and that rental companies such as Karmel are not allowed to provide them. You might want to check with him about the van he's reserved to the hotel.

Congratulations on paying off the cruise already! We're part-way there; more because we're watching the Canadian $ bounce up and down; we pay some every time the exchange is good, but not all of it in case it gets better!

Arlene

Thank you Arlene. I DEFINITELY want one en-route to Hojo's (and then on the bus, if possible) so looks like I will take it. She'll love the window seat on the plane--even though my best friend may get jealous. As for me--I'll be doped up on valium since I HATE flying. Or I may have a few Bloody Mary's.

mississaugamom said:
Also, I think your Dad mentioned that car seats are required in California and that rental companies such as Karmel are not allowed to provide them. You might want to check with him about the van he's reserved to the hotel.

Arlene

You're right Arlene...I specifically said carseats are needed!!! Now is there any doubt about who screwed up the flight dates!!! She never was very good with details!!

izzinmac said:
You're right Arlene...I specifically said carseats are needed!!! Now is there any doubt about who screwed up the flight dates!!! She never was very good with details!!
I see it now Bob!! Sorry to have ever doubted you!!...Mark

Mom2Belle&PeterPan said:
Well, I look just like the girl in the middle so I'll take that get-up - will fit just right...ha, ha, ha, but it will be you LooneyHOODs who will serve us SISTERS!!!

(PS SISTERS, you know I am kidding about the above, but hey, if we get in good shape, heck...we can wear those clothes right?!!! )

Oh Barbara, i would have to starve myself to get into the likes of those cocktail dresses!! :earseek:

Do I need to bring her carseat for the plane?? Or is the plane seatbelt fine?? I was going to bring the rear seat out of my 83 Buick Century for her to lay in. She'll only be 2 and not quite 1/2 years old. I am really hoping to not have to bring her.

Geez Bob I think you should keep your eye on your granddaughter. She isn't sure if she was going to put her in an old car seat, then can't remember if she is 2 or 5 months old and then admits she doesn't really want to bring her!!! Wow she is lucky to have caring grandparents like you and Mary that will look after her.

Cheers,
Grumbo

gassmandy said:
I agree with your father on this one. You'll only need it for the transportation around CA. Maybe you could check it as baggage?! I don't think there's a safety issue onboard the plane. In case of any real emergencys, what extra protection would a car seat offer??...Mark

izzinmac said:
The bus right now has 44 people signed up, so we do have room for more - at least 12 people. We are set up for two pick up points - HoJos and Grand Californian. $10 per person. Let me know if you want to be added.
Bob

Hey IZZIBOB, YOU LIED!!! You told me that you had 51 people on the bus and if we wanted to go, you had to get a bigger bus!!
HONESTLY!!! PEOPLE JUST SAY WHAT THEY WANT TO SAY WHETHER IT THE TRUTH OR A LIE!! Good thing now i am NOT going with you!! Don't want a LIAR Bus Coordinator!!! and end up God knows where...probablry MEXICO Border!!! :rolleyes:
Amanda, Keep on eye on your father, will ya!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter