August 2020 Reservations-still going?

Are there still coffee makers in the rooms at Kidani? (And which kind....pot, Keurig, or the things with the pods?) Are they doing a mobile order option for breakfast at Sanaa? I soooo wish they were opening the mara before we go, but we are just planning on making sure we eat dinner in the parks and probably get a snack as well.

It's the regular coffee pot in the room, with the basket filter. Made a pot this morning! We are eating dinner at Sanaa tonight. We have gotten no communication electronically or in the room regarding anything about what is or isn't available at the resort.

We did Animal Kingdom today. It is nice sleeping in, no need to rope drop with the crowd level. We did everything except the Bird Show and Kali with no wait (we did Everest and FOP twice). Mobile Ordered lunch at Satuli Canteen. Security was AWESOME! So much better than the old way. Night and Day difference between Disney and Universal. We felt at Universal we were pretty much getting the full experience, with a few changes for COVID. Employees were so nice and really seemed happy to be there and workig. At Disney, it is very dead. Lots of things shuttered up. About half the CM's are amazing and super friendly, the other half seem terrified to be here. Never once felt unsafe at Universal and it was so much more relaxed but still felt very safe. Here, it honestly is a bit much. The safari is awful with the barriers between each row. Since they are seating every other row, seemed unnecessary to have barriers on every row (and could quickly be added if they started increasing capacity. I also liked better how Universal physically squirted the hand sanitzer on your hand at every ride. Here, it is completely optional. Also preferred how Universal marked sinks in the bathroom as use or do not use to promote distancing. Disney all the sinks are unmarked and someone did come up right next to me (for no reason) today. We did enjoy the low crowds, but it is a very different vibe here. Did not see a single "social distancing squad" person, but did see some employees reminding guests about masks. Compliance was similar to slightly better with the masks at Disney, but not much different. We will see how MK is tomorrow.

Last edited:
Our trip was scheduled starting August 15th but I finally cancelled last week. I thought I would feel disappointment but instead I felt relief that I didn't have to worry about mask compliance, traveling through North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and part of Florida to get there, and staying overnight along the way anymore. We have another trip scheduled in late September and with more time and information hopefully I'll feel better about making that trip. Cooler might help too.

MK today was a different experience than AK. It seemed more busy, but definitely not full (I would equate to an AM EMH). Ride waits were significantly less than posted times. The longest we waited was about 15 minutes for SDMT. We got into the park about 10:15. It still felt “magical” just different. We had a great time and did almost everything!

One tip...I wish I would have brought some facial wipes! With being all hot and sweaty in the mask all day, those would definitely come in handy throughout the day!

Just a reminder for just back, trip reports, there's another thread. This one is just to discuss who's coming or cancelling for the month. Thank you

MK today was a different experience than AK. It seemed more busy, but definitely not full (I would equate to an AM EMH). Ride waits were significantly less than posted times. The longest we waited was about 15 minutes for SDMT. We got into the park about 10:15. It still felt “magical” just different. We had a great time and did almost everything!

One tip...I wish I would have brought some facial wipes! With being all hot and sweaty in the mask all day, those would definitely come in handy throughout the day!

We head to Disney on Tuesday! Thanks for the tip on the face wipes. I have anti-bacterial wipes but didn't think of face ones.

Two days out and it finally feels like we're going! Was on and off the fence so many times with this trip between the virus and all the many resort and flight cancelations. DH finally got the OK/guidance today from work for a 2-week quarantine when he comes back (he's only in the office once a week right now anyway since his agency is at 10% in-house). I work from home, so that's easy, and both DDs can be at home as well.

Suitcases packed this morning. Currently checking off the list for tickets, magic bands, IDs, gift cards, etc. and all the new extras we'll need. DD13 is sewing some more Mickey-themed masks today for herself.

Today is the first day I feel truly excited :). We start at UO and move over to WDW mid-week.

I know just what you mean. Kept fretting something would make it impossible for us to go but it is finally happening!!!!!
I got on JB's app this morning just to check to make sure they didn't change or cancel us again! lol (Can't check in until this evening!)
Have a great time!!

I got on JB's app this morning just to check to make sure they didn't change or cancel us again! lol (Can't check in until this evening!)
Have a great time!!
You too! I have an alarm set for our SW checkin lately today even though I expect it won’t be too crowded. Can’t think of the last time I was so nervous about trip preparations.

I just checked in for our SW flights and it was significantly easier than it has been in the past. I got A boarding groups for both of us even though I was a little slow getting my son's check in done.

We leave this afternoon! Working a half day - it can't go fast enough! Stay safe everyone!
I just checked in for our SW flights and it was significantly easier than it has been in the past. I got A boarding groups for both of us even though I was a little slow getting my son's check in done.
Have fun everyone!!

Now that the tri state quarantine requirement is history, the Disney part of our Florida trip is back on track. We leave for Miami tomorrow and are driving up to Orlando first thing Sunday morning. Totally psyched!

Hi,
I am considering a last minute trip starting 8/28. There's no way to "know" anything in these crazy times, of course, but I'm wondering if this is historically a low attendance week before the labor day holiday? With schools starting and such?

Hi,
I am considering a last minute trip starting 8/28. There's no way to "know" anything in these crazy times, of course, but I'm wondering if this is historically a low attendance week before the labor day holiday? With schools starting and such?

IMO I’d hold off. The low crowds have been over since the 7th once they let the silver APs in. Horrible waits all around(check the other threads). Plus the heat, COVID, greatly diminished experience as well as hours there is little incentive to go and pay full price at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter