August 2020 Reservations-still going?

It was PACKED at MK today (our last full day). We actually felt a bit uncomfortable at a few points and we have been here between Universal and WDW over a week and have felt very safe up to today. It did start to empty by late afternoon, but it was pretty miserable in the heat since with social distancing many queues are outside a good bit. I highly recommend packing an umbrella to shield the sun while waiting in line. It helps a lot! Just want people to temper expectations if they are coming, especially on a weekend. It seemed to be tons of locals.

That’s pretty disappointing. I feel like with all the cutbacks, closures and restrictions in place, it was only worth going if crowds stay super low. If this continues, I wonder if there will be more cancellations?

It was PACKED at MK today (our last full day). We actually felt a bit uncomfortable at a few points and we have been here between Universal and WDW over a week and have felt very safe up to today. It did start to empty by late afternoon, but it was pretty miserable in the heat since with social distancing many queues are outside a good bit. I highly recommend packing an umbrella to shield the sun while waiting in line. It helps a lot! Just want people to temper expectations if they are coming, especially on a weekend. It seemed to be tons of locals.
This is why we avoid the parks on the weekends. Sounds like you had a great trip otherwise.

This is so disappointing. I’m glad I canceled. I was to leave last night for a 10 night trip. So basically if you feel uncomfortable you’ve got no choice but to leave and you can’t enjoy the parks at your leisure bc they are too crowded! I don’t get it! They’ve got to do better.

This is so disappointing. I’m glad I canceled. I was to leave last night for a 10 night trip. So basically if you feel uncomfortable you’ve got no choice but to leave and you can’t enjoy the parks at your leisure bc they are too crowded! I don’t get it! They’ve got to do better.

In fairness, it was pretty great overall at both Universal and Disney. We felt very safe most of the time and crowds were pretty light most of the time. We did DHS Friday and expected it to be busier, and it was at entry. But people were being very considerate about space and it wasn’t bad the rest of the day. Really only Saturday at MK was packed. I think it was a combo of a weekend and Silver AP restrictions lifted. It will be interesting to hear how crowds are going forward.

In fairness, it was pretty great overall at both Universal and Disney. We felt very safe most of the time and crowds were pretty light most of the time. We did DHS Friday and expected it to be busier, and it was at entry. But people were being very considerate about space and it wasn’t bad the rest of the day. Really only Saturday at MK was packed. I think it was a combo of a weekend and Silver AP restrictions lifted. It will be interesting to hear how crowds are going forward.
From the way it sounds, it will be much busier going forward! From watching YouTube I’ve gathered that there is a big rush in the morning to get in and it seems to be more crowds until early afternoon. Those few hours late afternoon until park closing seem to be the way to go.

Hi Everyone!

Sorry -- not sure if this is the right place to ask? I'm not sure if I'm reading the Park Pass Availability Calendar correct -- it says there are no PP's available for Annual Pass Holders until August 24th, and even then the only park available is Epcot?

I'm visiting Florida and some friends from August 17 - 26, but I only made two reservations ahead of time because the whole three-park limit thing confused me (MK on the 21st and DHS on the 23rd). I was hoping that as my trip neared I'd be able to make a same-day reservation, and then keep doing that while still being with my reservation limit, but it doesn't seem like I can do that anymore?

Hi Everyone!

Sorry -- not sure if this is the right place to ask? I'm not sure if I'm reading the Park Pass Availability Calendar correct -- it says there are no PP's available for Annual Pass Holders until August 24th, and even then the only park available is Epcot?

I'm visiting Florida and some friends from August 17 - 26, but I only made two reservations ahead of time because the whole three-park limit thing confused me (MK on the 21st and DHS on the 23rd). I was hoping that as my trip neared I'd be able to make a same-day reservation, and then keep doing that while still being with my reservation limit, but it doesn't seem like I can do that anymore?
you are right, as of now the next available day is the 24th but people do cancel and some new reservations pop up, also Disney has released more spots for APs as the dates get closer

you are right, as of now the next available day is the 24th but people do cancel and some new reservations pop up, also Disney has released more spots for APs as the dates get closer

Thank you for the clarification!

Yeah, this Saturday was almost a hundred degrees and all the MK queues were spilling out into the walkways because distancing in line. We bailed after lunch.

All last week, Sunday-Friday, was great. Everything was a walkon except Runaway Railway, which wasn't a bad wait - 45 minutes for the newest ride at WDW? I didn't have a problem with that. The line was physically-distanced properly and I felt safe. Really, the whole bubble experience was great except day before yesterday at MK. We went back to Pop after Liberty Tree and then headed to Kona at Polynesian for dinner.

So my take is: don't hesitate to go to WDW, just maybe plan to avoid maxed out parks on Saturdays.

Just canceled today... sigh. Our trip dates were 8/27-9/1, staying at Boulder Ridge in WL. Main reasons were mask in the heat, concerns about flying with Covid, and coming back to NY I would have to quarantine and I have work the day after we get back. Also would have been nervous about visiting my elderly mom post trip (I visit her a lot and go food shopping for her).

Called today and they said no discount for next August (I knew that thanks to this board) and as I can’t go in 2020, I lost my great Bounceback deal.

Hoping they will have some deals for summer 2021. Have great memories from last August. This will be our first summer in about 10-11 years not going to WDW. Hope everyone who can make it has a safe, fantastic trip. :lovestruc

FWIW, I think that you made a wise decision. WDW will still be there when Covid is a bad memory, IMO. Better safe than sorry. Plus, Ontario has some wonderful vacation spots that you could enjoy for this year!

Yes - it was the right decision for us. A sweet online friend offered to rent her Ontario cottage 5hrs away to us at a low rate. So we have been travelling there twice a month. And plan to go at least once a month in September and October.

Just canceled today... sigh. Our trip dates were 8/27-9/1, staying at Boulder Ridge in WL. Main reasons were mask in the heat, concerns about flying with Covid, and coming back to NY I would have to quarantine and I have work the day after we get back. Also would have been nervous about visiting my elderly mom post trip (I visit her a lot and go food shopping for her).

Called today and they said no discount for next August (I knew that thanks to this board) and as I can’t go in 2020, I lost my great Bounceback deal.

Hoping they will have some deals for summer 2021. Have great memories from last August. This will be our first summer in about 10-11 years not going to WDW. Hope everyone who can make it has a safe, fantastic trip. :lovestruc
Right there with ya 😭Today would've been our travel day. Booked for 1/3 less time for more money in Dec. Hoping the crowds are not crazy if we even get to go. I keep second guessing the cancellation, but DD starts school 2 days after we would've returned. We would have to quarantine also. Going to try to squeeze the budget to fit in APs and a extra trip next year (to ease the pain). Just gotta get thru the next week or so with every other minute thinking about what ride we would've been on right now 😡

Upgraded our room to a savanna view for the AKL portion of our trip and HOPEFULLY we won't have to change rooms as we had originally booked 3 nights standard and 1 night savanna.....will have to make a stop at the front desk to see if we can just stay in our room for our "continuing stay." Crossing all of our crossables that none of these tropical storms turn into full fledged hurricanes and rain us out of park days. If there were no social distancing requirements in place I know that in the past CMs have done a great job with activities and things to do if people need to stay in the resorts during hurricanes/tropical storms, but I have a feeling we will just end up staying in our room (no other options).

We ended up cancelling our August 15th to the 22nd trip. My work wouldn’t allow me to work remotely for my current position and I could not afford to quarantine for two weeks. Very bummed but we rescheduled for the week of Christmas (had to use more points, ugh). Hopefully Florida gets its act together and by December we can travel there and back to NJ without the need to quarantine.

Well, was going to go for a quick trip. Booked about a month ago - and then the weather forecast for next week happened. I guess that's 2020 for you. Maybe next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter