Bad Trip at Boardwalk

Bearval

DIS Veteran
Just returned from a trip at Boardwalk 6/20/2023 to 6/24/2023. Was given our room ~ 3:40pm (1108 & 1110) a two bedroom lock off. Daughter went to bathroom in 1108 and told me there was turd in it. I flushed the toilet and it immediately overflowed and flooded the bathroom floor. I went to front desk and they sent house keeping and a plumber. I did mention to them at the front desk that I am not sure how well the room was cleaned since it was obvious the toilet wasnt because house keeping would have discovered the flooded toilet when they would have cleaned it and the problem would have been corrected before we were given the room. At or about 5:30pm I was the 1st one to use the toilet in room 1110, just liquid waste. I flushed this toilet and it too overflowed and flooded the bathroom. When back to front desk and they offered to set use up in another resort since they did not have any room at Boardwalk. Wife didnt want to move if they could resolve the issue since we wanted to stay at Boardwalk to be close to Epcot & Hollywood studios. They said the would. Everything seemed fine until the evening of 6/23/2023 when I went and flushed ( liquid) the toilet in room 1108, once again it backed up and flooded the floor. Plumber came and plunged the toilet and told us " you have to expect this to happen" and then told us we were not flushing the toilet properly. Well I have close to 60 years experience flushing toilets and no this shouldnt be expected to happen.

WHAT??!?! You have to expect this to happen??? Heck no! I presume ya'll ended up staying the entire time, did this happen every time you used the toilet? Did they do anything to make it right? Some type of credit/comp? That is not ok for what you pay to stay at any disney resort.

This happened to us last year. They ended up switching us to the INN side of the resort and we did get a good amount of "Disney Credit". I would go back to the desk and just be nice, but tell them this is really not acceptable.

You should have asked to get 2 rooms at the Inn side. That is completely unacceptable. That room clearly needs to be removed from inventory and plumbing repair/toilet replacement done.

Just the unflished toilet alone would be enough for me to be out of that room permanently, considering it was not properly cleaned.

Hopefully you have reported this up to DVC execs/guest services. They may comp you some points or something as no one should be expected to put up with a repeating issue like that (and in particular, a toilet issue). This is definitely one where I would be taking the time to share my thoughts in writing. Sorry you had to go through that whole experience.

Sounds like a major plumbing issue. Probably other rooms on that floor were also having or will have toilet problems.

Next time (there will be a next time) go ahead and move. Another resort or hotel side of resort.
Why I say there will be a next time is WDW rooms are ALWAYS full . There is not enough time to solve a issue before rooms is needed.

Hopefully you have reported this up to DVC execs/guest services. They may comp you some points or something as no one should be expected to put up with a repeating issue like that (and in particular, a toilet issue). This is definitely one where I would be taking the time to share my thoughts in writing. Sorry you had to go through that whole experience.
I took your advice and sent an email to guest services, I will post their response if and when they do.

I took your advice and sent an email to guest services, I will post their response if and when they do.
Here is the reply I just received.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Disney's BoardWalk Villas; it is disappointing to hear about your experience with engineering during your visit. I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused. Our goal is for all of our Cast Members to work together to make our Guests' vacations magical. Please be assured that I have shared your feedback directly with the Resort’s Leadership team.

I appreciate your continued dedication to our Resort and the time you took to share your feedback. We truly believe by listening to our Guests, we will know what we’re doing right and—most importantly—what we should continue to improve upon.

Due to your disappointment throughout your visit, I would like to offer you two (2) complimentary nights at any one of our Deluxe Resorts in one (1) 2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa-Garden or Pool View or equivalent. This complimentary night offer does not expire until used and does not have any block out dates, though it is subject to availability.

Should you wish to accept this complimentary night, please reply to this email. Once I receive your message, I will forward a detailed email with information on how to book this night as well as information on how to add any components which would have an additional cost should you wish.

Here is the reply I just received.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at Disney's BoardWalk Villas; it is disappointing to hear about your experience with engineering during your visit. I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused. Our goal is for all of our Cast Members to work together to make our Guests' vacations magical. Please be assured that I have shared your feedback directly with the Resort’s Leadership team.

I appreciate your continued dedication to our Resort and the time you took to share your feedback. We truly believe by listening to our Guests, we will know what we’re doing right and—most importantly—what we should continue to improve upon.

Due to your disappointment throughout your visit, I would like to offer you two (2) complimentary nights at any one of our Deluxe Resorts in one (1) 2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa-Garden or Pool View or equivalent. This complimentary night offer does not expire until used and does not have any block out dates, though it is subject to availability.

Should you wish to accept this complimentary night, please reply to this email. Once I receive your message, I will forward a detailed email with information on how to book this night as well as information on how to add any components which would have an additional cost should you wish.
They did the right thing. That is my experience with MS when there is a fair and legitimate guest issue.

OMG. That's one of the most generous comps I think I've ever seen posted. I guess the people stuck on the Skyliner got more, but that's way worse.

FWIW I had the same experience with a clogged toilet twice in my week stay that ended today. It was room 1044. Never had this issue in my previous stays at boardwalk, but this is also somehow the first time I get a first floor room. Didn’t feel good that I went through this experience so figured I’d google it. Kind of surprising to learn it’s not that uncommon.

Glad to hear the OP was compensated. DH won't stay at the DVC BWV any longer due to various issues, one of which is the plumbing. Apparently the plumbing at DVC BWV is well known as a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter