Bad Trip at Boardwalk

BW 1BR is my most booked room, I stay there 3x a year. I've never had any meaningful issues at BW.

Whew, glad to learn this. Was wondering if our resale might become SAP-only.

We bought just enough points for a short 1br stay though may never stay there. Akin to your SSR points, if I'm remembering correctly.

BW 1BR is my most booked room, I stay there 3x a year. I've never had any meaningful issues at BW. Plumbing, noise, housekeeping, anything. Maybe I got lucky, because this resort is definitely showing its age.
This has been my experience as well. don't stay as often as you each year, but we've been 1-2 times per year since 2000.

Sorry for the ops experience. I'm looking forward to the refurb.

Somehow the whole description of this experience brings to mind how we need Richyams to be here to give us his response as only Richyams could. Does anyone else remember him, or am I the only "oldie"?
I remember Richyams. He was a cheerleader for OKW while pointing out the differences with BWV. I’m in the BWV camp and always enjoyed his humor. He really knew how to push people’s buttons and get them emotional.

Sorry to hear this happened. Loved the 60 years experience flushing toilets. Seems you have a great opportunity for future employment. LOL Just kidding, you guys were pretty patient.

My BWV standard studio was looking like it needed a refurb in May- but I had nothing like the issues the original poster had. My toilet was not flush to the wall and wobbled a lot and the wall under the AC outlet had old dried condensation stains dripping down the wall, you could see that it really needs a big 'start from scratch' rehab on the big things, you can only paint over things for so long.

Just returned from a trip at Boardwalk 6/20/2023 to 6/24/2023. Was given our room ~ 3:40pm (1108 & 1110) a two bedroom lock off. Daughter went to bathroom in 1108 and told me there was turd in it. I flushed the toilet and it immediately overflowed and flooded the bathroom floor. I went to front desk and they sent house keeping and a plumber. I did mention to them at the front desk that I am not sure how well the room was cleaned since it was obvious the toilet wasnt because house keeping would have discovered the flooded toilet when they would have cleaned it and the problem would have been corrected before we were given the room. At or about 5:30pm I was the 1st one to use the toilet in room 1110, just liquid waste. I flushed this toilet and it too overflowed and flooded the bathroom. When back to front desk and they offered to set use up in another resort since they did not have any room at Boardwalk. Wife didnt want to move if they could resolve the issue since we wanted to stay at Boardwalk to be close to Epcot & Hollywood studios. They said the would. Everything seemed fine until the evening of 6/23/2023 when I went and flushed ( liquid) the toilet in room 1108, once again it backed up and flooded the floor. Plumber came and plunged the toilet and told us " you have to expect this to happen" and then told us we were not flushing the toilet properly. Well I have close to 60 years experience flushing toilets and no this shouldnt be expected to happen.
This is yet another example of how customer service is lacking with Disney these days. Who doesn't know how to flush a toilet?

Apparently me since we had chocolate fountains in the bathrooms.......................
Maybe it was actually a Baby Ruth. Hard to tell the difference without close scrutiny, and something like that probably wouldn't go down the bowl as easily.

This is yet another example of how customer service is lacking with Disney these days. Who doesn't know how to flush a toilet?
We're just moved this Spring and the toilet is an older model. I told DH that at times it's taking at least 2-3 cycles to get it to fully flush and he had the nerve to ask if I was flushing it correctly. :sad2: I'm in my 60s and I told him I've been flushing toilets at least as long as I've been able to sit on one. Unbelievable!:oops:

Ladies & Gentlemen, PLEASE! Enough with the toilet talk.

Ladies & Gentlemen, PLEASE! Enough with the toilet talk.
Party pooper :jester:

But seriously, I think the OP's compensation was wonderful and it's sad that it took DVC's customer service to get it right after the fact. It makes no sense that the resort management could not handle it more effectively while the OP was there. I understand that the OP did not want to move and if no other rooms were availalable, staying in their "defective" room was the only option for lodging. It seems like a resort credit of some sort would have been in order, simply for the inconvenience at the time.

Sorry, I guess the joking got a little carried away, and I defer to ur innate sense of propriety. Consider me 🤐

We were at Boardwalk in 2006 in a studio with a bathroom that had not been cleaned properly. There was diarrhea on the side of the toilet and floor. Ick. I would have preferred just a turd. We checked in quite late and called down and asked for it to be cleaned the next day and tried to avoid it in the morning. When we came back from the parks the next day it was still there. It took them a day and a half to clean it with multiple visits to the front desk, culminating in me being quite angry. The Housekeeping manager finally cleaned it herself. We did receive compensation. I recall that they paid for our dinner on the first night.
How can you “avoid” the only toilet in a studio for a day and a half ?

Now I’ve got to test the toilet for good flushing before I can unpack!! What a pain in the behind. I’ve never had this issue at BWV but now I’m concerned after reading these reports. 😩

We're just moved this Spring and the toilet is an older model. I told DH that at times it's taking at least 2-3 cycles to get it to fully flush and he had the nerve to ask if I was flushing it correctly. :sad2: I'm in my 60s and I told him I've been flushing toilets at least as long as I've been able to sit on one. Unbelievable!:oops:
Your husband doesn't happen to be employed by Boardwalk as a plumber ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter