Bad Trip at Boardwalk

This is crazy gross! Glad you had somewhat reasonable compensation. I would have asked for points back, and I probably would have gotten them. I have never had a problem with a room in BWV and we've been owners there since 2000. Worst thing that ever happened there is room location being very far from main lobby. That said, I hope this never happens to us.

We did have ants crawling around our room in a new Resort Studio at the Grand last year. Little tiny ants...didn't freak me out, but my husband was like NOT sleeping in a bed in a room with ants crawling around, and I get that. We called (this was late at night due to being out and about with friends) the manager and she was amazing! She moved us immediately, and put a credit on our account for spending. I told her since we were exhausted (didn't discover them until late), and were only getting to sleep for half a night, I would like half the points back for that night and she agreed. She was pretty upset that we had "bugs" as she put it. She said they opened Big Pine Key too early and the pest control didn't get a good shot at the building. We were Lagoon view and very very close to the water, so that was probably part of the problem. Again, I wasn't so freaked out - if they were roaches I would have been out of my mind, but teeny tiny ants....eh, don't want to sleep with them, but I wasn't grossed out.

All in all, DVC did right by us and we absolutely LOVE the Resort Studio's. We will definitely go back.

Dee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter