Bad Trip at Boardwalk

Oh my...I also feel you need to be compensated.

We stay at BWV often and a lot in various size rooms and never had it happen. I'm wondering if the renovations they are doing could be affecting the plumbing in that area?

DH won't stay at the DVC BWV any longer due to various issues, one of which is the plumbing. Apparently the plumbing at DVC BWV is well known as a problem.

I think the small BWV resale we bought last year just became SAP. We bought it for BWV 1br 1-nighters.

A single night anywhere else sounds like the better plan by far.

Glad to learn the OP got such a terrific compensation.

Last edited:

I would have been outta there in a heartbeat after something like this! :crazy2:I would have asked, "Then what can you give us"? There may be a possibility of an upgrade somewhere perhaps a GV or CL. I've stayed at BWV more than a dozen times and never had a plumbing issue ever.

That's great! Sorry you had to go through this. A very nice response from Disney! Personally, I would have preferred my DVC points refunded but that's just me.

That's great! Sorry you had to go through this. A very nice response from Disney! Personally, I would have preferred my DVC points refunded but that's just me.

Isn't the complimentary stay with no expiration date a better offer, though? A refund of points would be subject to banking rules and would need to be used sooner rather than later.

Somehow the whole description of this experience brings to mind how we need Richyams to be here to give us his response as only Richyams could. Does anyone else remember him, or am I the only "oldie"?

Isn't the complimentary stay with no expiration date a better offer, though? A refund of points would be subject to banking rules and would need to be used sooner rather than later.
Yeah, but my plan is to go twice a year now so that wouldn't be an issue. Besides, even if I don't go, I have rented in the past and points are potential $$$.

I know you wanted to be at the Boardwalk, but I don't think I could have stayed after the first incident. I wouldn't have been able to unsee that!

We were at Boardwalk in 2006 in a studio with a bathroom that had not been cleaned properly. There was diarrhea on the side of the toilet and floor. Ick. I would have preferred just a turd. We checked in quite late and called down and asked for it to be cleaned the next day and tried to avoid it in the morning. When we came back from the parks the next day it was still there. It took them a day and a half to clean it with multiple visits to the front desk, culminating in me being quite angry. The Housekeeping manager finally cleaned it herself. We did receive compensation. I recall that they paid for our dinner on the first night.

We were at Boardwalk in 2006 in a studio with a bathroom that had not been cleaned properly. There was diarrhea on the side of the toilet and floor. Ick. I would have preferred just a turd. We checked in quite late and called down and asked for it to be cleaned the next day and tried to avoid it in the morning. When we came back from the parks the next day it was still there. It took them a day and a half to clean it with multiple visits to the front desk, culminating in me being quite angry. The Housekeeping manager finally cleaned it herself. We did receive compensation. I recall that they paid for our dinner on the first night.
🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮

I was a CM when the Boardwalk opened (yes, a long time ago) and we were given test stays. I can tell you there were big issues with the "exploding" toilets during these test stays (it was more of a gusher than an explosion). They fixed the exploding part, fortunately, but toilets have always been an issue since day one. It's not a new problem at all! And mine did not explode.

No, No, No! I just can't! 🤢

I think it is, I can use the points at a " more point expensive " resort or use it for the weekend part and my points for the cheaper point days.

Sounds like the previous occupant in that room had one too many mickey bars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter