Beautiful start to the 'new' NBA season

Sit, Stand, Kneel does it REALLY matter?

I think it does. But a better person to ask will be parents who lost a son/ daughter fighting for our country. Maybe a kid who lost a parent in war. Or maybe you should ask someone who has been paralyzed from combat who will never stand again. Maybe someone who lost a leg or arm or someone with a brain injury from combat.

I think it does. But a better person to ask will be parents who lost a son/ daughter fighting for our country. Maybe a kid who lost a parent in war. Or maybe you should ask someone who has been paralyzed from combat who will never stand again. Maybe someone who lost a leg or arm or someone with a brain injury from combat.

Not sure I understand how someone kneeling effects any of these people.

Sit, Stand, Kneel does it REALLY matter?
sorry....reading BAnd of Brothers right now, Don malarkey use to have a table across from me at the antique collectible show in Salem, Oregon, 40 miles south of Little Beirut. Always had his coat with the airborne insignia....if I had only known what he had done for the right to kneel....I would have stood longer at the last singing of the national anthem. It is very disheartening for me to know that I failed in my right to understand the privilege of freedom.

sorry....reading BAnd of Brothers right now, Don malarkey use to have a table across from me at the antique collectible show in Salem, Oregon, 40 miles south of Little Beirut. Always had his coat with the airborne insignia....if I had only known what he had done for the right to kneel....I would have stood longer at the last singing of the national anthem. It is very disheartening for me to know that I failed in my right to understand the privilege of freedom.

What? I’ve read Band of Brothers. I watch the series every Memorial Day weekend. I’ve seen the exhibit for Doc Roe on the USS Kidd. My grandfather fought at Normandy.

Not sure what any of that has to do with the NBA kneeling for the anthem.

What? I’ve read Band of Brothers. I watch the series every Memorial Day weekend. I’ve seen the exhibit for Doc Roe on the USS Kidd. My grandfather fought at Normandy.

Not sure what any of that has to do with the NBA kneeling for the anthem.
It is an anthem for the 54th infantry Massachusetts regiment

Like everything else, the response will depend on the experiences each person has had. Fighting and making the ultimate sacrifice for our country doesn't exempt veterans or the love ones they leave behind from systemic racism.

Last edited:

I have done just that. And, they support the right to choose your action. They, literally, fought for our collective right to choose.

I don't care what anyone does. You do you and people need to not harp on "the other side".

Live and let live. Cuz life ends too soon and why should it be spent pissed off?

They you don't really seem to understand what Don Malarkey and the others did.
they had no choice in the matter....it was required of men to die in those German forests....It was required of men to die in Viet nam. But what I do understand is that Don Malarkey made the choice to not be a coward....for surely knowing the nature of who I am, I would have knelled down in the foxholes and shot my self in the foot in order to leave that forest hellhole. Don did not, and for that I am ashamed that I did not honor his platoon sacrifices. One of the interesting stories that Don told the Salem high school classrooms is that he was passing by a group of german POWS and a young german his age was speaking perfect english, perfect Oregon English, Don heard him and stopped and talked with him and found out he was from Eugene , Oregon, where don was going to attend before the US entered the fray. Don was elated, but confused, how could an Oregonian be fighting for the German army. He carried that thought with him, when a barrage of US weaponry was going off behind him...his group rushed back...to find the POWS killed. An American killed by American soliders. He struggled with that for decades....how does that become a choice for freedom.

they had no choice in the matter....it was required of men to die in those German forests....It was required of men to die in Viet nam. But what I do understand is that Don Malarkey made the choice to not be a coward....for surely knowing the nature of who I am, I would have knelled down in the foxholes and shot my self in the foot in order to leave that forest hellhole. Don did not, and for that I am ashamed that I did not honor his platoon sacrifices. One of the interesting stories that Don told the Salem high school classrooms is that he was passing by a group of german POWS and a young german his age was speaking perfect english, perfect Oregon English, Don heard him and stopped and talked with him and found out he was from Eugene , Oregon, where don was going to attend before the US entered the fray. Don was elated, but confused, how could an Oregonian be fighting for the German army. He carried that thought with him, when a barrage of US weaponry was going off behind him...his group rushed back...to find the POWS killed. An American killed by American soliders. He struggled with that for decades....how does that become a choice for freedom.

The fact they they fought for freedom is exactly what gives you the right to stand or kneel for an Anthem.

in my college history of the media class....what stands out in my mind on that 1968 Life Magazine photo and the discussion we had in class...was the choices those two men made...they could have not showed up at all for the medals, or when standing on the podium refused the medals or be relaxed, unattached about the event. The class discussion revolved around the gloves, not the dishonoring of their brothers in the viet nam jungles who had no choice, but the power of the gloves. the symbol of the gloves. What will be lost ten years from now is the jerseys and t-shirts worn....who will remember al the jersey names. Because for sure no one at dinner last night could recall what the players were wearing....only that the blood of war was dishonored. I asked the folks last night what they could remember of the mexico 1968 oljympcs... the gloves is all that they could remember and not sure where that happened or how.

freedom???....that kid from Oregon traveled all the way across the Atlantic ocean to give freedom to the atrocities of Germany?....the Motherland!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter