• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Bar...

Around Crescent Lake:
For food and drinks
Il Mulino
Bluezoo (try the crab nachos)
Kimonos if you like sushi
Flying Fish (bring $$$ if you want food)
Crews Cup Lounge

For just drinks:
Martha's Vineyard (they do serve some appetizers. Haven't eaten there)
Abracadabar
Belle Vue Room

Best in the parks:
Nomad Lounge
Small bar at Yak & Yeti
Brown Derby Lounge
Tune Inn Lounge
Rose & Crown pub
La Cava del Tequila
Tutto Gusto
Spice Road

Tutto Gusto or Crew's Cup are my favorites that we've been to. Want to try Territory Lounge. Didn't really like the AKL lounge - super limited food options and spotty service the one time we went -- or ESPN since that was a pretty standard ESPN place. The Wave lounge wasn't bad but wouldn't go out of my way for it.

At AKL, try the bars at the restaurants - Sanaa at Kidani or the Cape Town Wine Bar just outside Jiko. If you want food they are much better choices than Victoria Falls. I would take either over Victoria Falls any day. Cape Town is very small though, not a place to settle in.

This style of dining is my favorite. For lounges with more of a chill vibe... I like the patio at Trader Sam's for drinks only, I've never eaten there. Sanaa lounge for bread service and drinks. Territory Lounge is very chill, great bartender, food options. CA Grill lounge for sushi, though I haven't done this one in a while. In the parks, Nomad is my favorite. Looking forward to trying many others.

I have not yet been to All lounges (yet..) but of the ones I have been to, these are my favorites that serve food:
Kimonos - Swan
Crew's Cup - Yacht Club
Tambu or Tiki Terrace - Poly (If I'm up for the antics, noise & sharing a table, TS but that's not too often)
Territory - WL
Mizner's - GF

On my list for the near future is Bluezoo & Nomad, especially after all the votes on this thread so thanks, OP! :)

We spent a couple of hours in Nomad lounge last week. It was probably my favorite lounge experience of the trip. We sat outside with a view of stream and forest it's hard to believe you're in Disney world. I drank the Kungaloosh ale and had a Mustang coffee which was excellent. With a few small plates it was dinner.

We spent a couple of hours in Nomad lounge last week. It was probably my favorite lounge experience of the trip. We sat outside with a view of stream and forest it's hard to believe you're in Disney world. I drank the Kungaloosh ale and had a Mustang coffee which was excellent. With a few small plates it was dinner.
I agree. It fits AK so well and it really takes you to another place.

I'm curious about the food options at the bars.... do most of them have a food menu too? Bluezoo sounds great.... but I'm assuming we can't have our under 21 yo ds with us to eat at the bars?

We're 'Bar Diners' also and in my book you can't beat Raglan Road for that experience. An honest to God Irish pub with a variety of entertainments and a great menu.

Bill From PA
if we wanted to stop in for dinner, do you need a res at the bar?

I'm curious about the food options at the bars.... do most of them have a food menu too? Bluezoo sounds great.... but I'm assuming we can't have our under 21 yo ds with us to eat at the bars?
Haven't been to BlueZoo, a Swan & Dolphin resort restaurant/bar, but all of the Disney-operated resorts allow under 21s to eat at the bars (and in fact sit at the actual bar). The only one that might not is Trader Sam's, and Jelly Rolls, a piano bar on the Boardwalk that is 21 and over only.

if we wanted to stop in for dinner, do you need a res at the bar?
No, and reservations are not accepted. Some of the bars can have a wait depending on what time you arrive (around 6 you might have to wait for a table/seat at many bars, including Crew's Cup, The Wave, etc.).

The only Disney bar I've been to that had very limited food options was at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Most others have a pretty good selection of food, and some you can order from the full restaurant menu. For example, The Wave bar had a full menu (or pretty close to it) when we went. Never been to California Grill bar but my understanding is you can order from the full menu there. Polynesian Lounge's bar had a more limited food menu. Crew's Cup has a pretty decent food menu, but pricier than it should be if I'm being honest.

but I'm assuming we can't have our under 21 yo ds with us to eat at the bars?
Yes, in Disney bar/lounges it's allowed.

The only Disney bar I've been to that had very limited food options was at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Most others have a pretty good selection of food, and some you can order from the full restaurant menu. For example, The Wave bar had a full menu (or pretty close to it) when we went. Never been to California Grill bar but my understanding is you can order from the full menu there. Polynesian Lounge's bar had a more limited food menu. Crew's Cup has a pretty decent food menu, but pricier than it should be if I'm being honest.
Yes, at CA Grill you can get the entire menu at the lounge.

its busy and noisy, but, Tune in Lounge in DHS serves the full menu from 50's Prime Time Cafe...........this can come in handy when ya dont have a ressie.

Doesn't Brown Derby have a bar now, maybe outdoors? I've never been but wonder if it is any good?

Doesn't Brown Derby have a bar now, maybe outdoors? I've never been but wonder if it is any good?
I haven't been either. It's outside. They have a separate menu from the restaurant. It appears you cannot order the full restaurant menu at the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter