Bound for Barcelona - April 10, 2010 EB TA - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karen, you could have already looked into this but Cell phone may be her least expensive way to take a call. I have AT&T, my per minute cost inboard DCL is $2.49. I think the main question will be if we get reception in the middle of the Atlantic. I plan to leave my phone off (Definitly Data Off) but will check it every few days. When it is on, incoming text are free and outgoing at .50 cents. Not sure how tech savvy your friend is but this could be a alternative solution.

See everyone Saturday! I'm working tomorrow so I'll be sound the boards.

Thanks, I think I'll look into this as time allows. I have Verizon and the never answer the phone. this is when I wish I had an i-phone. It came in handy in Feb when we got off the Magic and couldn't fly home to Phila. I keep thinking I need a phone like that but actually I only want one. There is a difference but it would help in this case too.

I feel like I am going to be sick with stress (not literally). They keep adding more reports and tasks that I need to get done before I leave tomorrow!!!:headache: Saturday just can't come soon enough.

it is 12:25am wee hours of Friday morning. My DH will not get to bed tonight and he must go to office until 2pm tomorrow. I feel so bad for him.

We fly out on SW at 5:50pm tomorrow (Friday) afternoon but must leave with my hubby at 6am (uumm, just realized that is in 5.5hours:scared1::scared1:

Little side tracked today with all the last minute packing and stuff.

Still haven't organized paperwork (will do in airport!)

Picked up my "fixed" van, told bill would be $1780 and when I picked it up my mechanic said, hey good news, it came in lower, only $1550 for you today. So okay, I'll try to take that as good news???:headache:

We so need this tiem away. I may not show up for any activities at this rate! I may sleep the sea days away!

Said good night to my babies tonight and altho I will kiss them in the am? They will not know it . . .:lovestruc

and that's it! or not, I have my refrigerated meds in the fridge still and my passports with them until am, I am famous for moving things around from "right place" and not remembering the new "safe place" :headache: so now I have in huge letters on my dressing room mirror "Passports and Meds in Fridge!!!! Last item to go in carry on bag!!!! Do not leave without them and a sticky on garage door. . .think I might remember:rolleyes:

Thanks for any and all advice. We are on the EBTA next May (10 months) and currently have airfare booked (round-trip from Atlanta) for $735 for adults and $625 per child.

If you used DCL for your airfare:
  1. what airline did you fly home from Barcelona?
  2. How many plane changes/layovers?
  3. Were you seated together (have children with us).
  4. Would you use DCL again for your airfare?
If you booked airfare home on your own:
  1. Where did you fly from (Barcelona, London, Paris, etc)?
  2. Which airline did you use?
  3. What was your price?
  4. How did you find the best deal?
  5. Was it good or would you have rather flown with airfare arranged by DCL?
Thanks so much!

Thanks for any and all advice. We are on the EBTA next May (10 months) and currently have airfare booked (round-trip from Atlanta) for $735 for adults and $625 per child.

3. What was your price?
Thanks so much!

Your pricing seems very good ... as the prices we received for Eastbound (return home) had only a handful in that price range. Check with Aer Lingus, as well as Iberia (Spain's version of American Airlines). You might SEARCH this thread for AIRFARE, or any similar keywords.

We booked Iberia (Barcelona to Madrid, then Madrid to JFK) for our return to Philadelphia. We had car service get us the other 90 minutes home. It was MUCH cheaper AND quicker to take a car for that last link. Although Philly IS an International Airport, NYC or DC get more traffic, and lower prices.

I am sure others will chime in, but my understanding is that DCL air does not allow you to select an airline - so THEIR choice may cost you excessive baggage fees. We selected Iberia Airlines, as we were permitted 3 checked bags, plus carry-on, since we used American Airline miles.

I also believe that DCL will not accept "requests" ... either for early / late departure ... or overnight stays, where applicable. Hopefully others will chime in.

If you used DCL for your airfare:
  1. what airline did you fly home from Barcelona?
  2. How many plane changes/layovers?
  3. Were you seated together (have children with us).
  4. Would you use DCL again for your airfare?
  3. What was your price?
Thanks so much!

We booked with DCL. We wanted to go a day early so we did not have the anxiety of "what if there is an airline delay and get to the port in time to watch the MAGIC sailing down the channel?" We added the airfare and the one night at All Star Music to our cruise package and got the Disney VISA perks on the whole vacation.

We flew from Indianapolis to Atlanta to Orlando, Magic Express to All Star Music. The next morning we got the DCL bus to the port. We flew home from Barcelona to Atlanta to Indianapolis.

They put us on Delta. We did have to pay for our luggage to Orlando but one bag is free from Europe to your home airport so they both came home free. It also inspired us to pack light. We were seated together. We got our information early enough to check the flights on-line and change our seats on three of the four legs to seats with better views.

They put us on an earlier plane than we would normally take but it was wonderful to get to WDW and have daylight hours to enjoy ourselves and feel like the adventure had begun rather than arriving in the dark.

We have never been to Spain. We speak only enough Spanish to order at a Mexican restaurant and count to 10. (Well, I know some colors and how to ask for a bathroom using only the word for bathroom and a questionmark in my voice.) We figured we would be sitting ducks for scamers if we had to make our own arrangements in case of trouble.

While we were on the ship the volcano exploded in Iceland which closed airports and grounded a lot of airlines. While friends were concerned about getting home, we had no stress. If our flight was grounded, DCL had to make arrangements--another flight, another route, a hotel, whatever. Our vacation was not impacted.

Yes, we would probably book through DCL again if we were going somewhere we were not familiar with. The peace of mind was worth it.

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME !!

After I answered I realized that this was not our cruises' last thread (I wonder why they never locked it) so went to get the address of that one to send you but discovered you had posted your question over there too. Good going!

have a great trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter