Breakfast In the Dining Rooms

Thanks! I will def use the opportunity to encourage them to try more and new dishes.
Oh I forgot to mention. Don’t let them eat it until after the whole conversation is done. It makes the anticipation of eating what they have smelled that much greater so they will enjoy it more. I miss these conversations, it’s so interesting to see these experiences through their eyes. I wish I could remember what it was that my daughter thought smelt like grass but she thought it was pretty good.

Thanks...
Grass!!! Sounds like something my kids would say:)
Oh I forgot to mention. Don’t let them eat it until after the whole conversation is done. It makes the anticipation of eating what they have smelled that much greater so they will enjoy it more. I miss these conversations, it’s so interesting to see these experiences through their eyes. I wish I could remember what it was that my daughter thought smelt like grass but she thought it was pretty good.

We usually sleep late (unless we have an early shore excursion) so the buffet isn't all that crowded by the time we get there. I'd rather help myself at the buffet; it's quicker and I can choose the pastry I want and put just the right amount of salsa on my omelette. The servers at the main dining room "suggest" that we share a table -- I'm really not good company when I'm still trying to wake up.

I will say. A few cruises they didn’t even have jalapeños! I like them in my eggs or omelet. I could not understand that.

We just got off the Wonder last week. We generally ate breakfast from Cabana's but took our plates just outside on the deck by the slide. They had tables set up out there and it was quiet and not crowded at all.

I told my kids that we are starving them (kidding, kidding) the week before the cruise and their goal is to eat $1000 worth of food each that week... You know, so we get our money's worth on this trip! :rotfl: :jumping1:

We just got off the Wonder last week. We generally ate breakfast from Cabana's but took our plates just outside on the deck by the slide. They had tables set up out there and it was quiet and not crowded at all.
3 day or 4 day? Any navigators if it’s a 3 day? I was looking for movies and 1820 society on day 1 and Bingo times for day 2.

3 day or 4 day? Any navigators if it’s a 3 day? I was looking for movies and 1820 society on day 1 and Bingo times for day 2.
We did 4 day--and sorry, just used the app as our navigator. The movies on board were Thor Ragnarok, Last Jedi, Coco (only 1-2 times for each over 4 days) Black Panther (daily) and Wrinkle in Time (both theaters 1-2 times daily).

There's a 3 night Wonder (Feb 8, 2018) set of Navigators on the blog:
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...hamian-cruise-port-canaveral-february-8-2018/
Yes I printed that out back in early February. I just have a few things I’m trying to workout but need current movies with their frequency, 1820 Society and Bingo to workout some other things like Palo. I’m finding a three day vacation much more difficult to plan then a seven day vacation where the items I enjoy most can be spread out.

Yes I printed that out back in early February. I just have a few things I’m trying to workout but need current movies with their frequency, 1820 Society and Bingo to workout some other things like Palo. I’m finding a three day vacation much more difficult to plan then a seven day vacation where the items I enjoy most can be spread out.

I think in general the only scheduled in advance 1820 thing is the first night gathering and they figure out what they're doing from there. That's how I've always heard that works anyway.

I think in general the only scheduled in advance 1820 thing is the first night gathering and they figure out what they're doing from there. That's how I've always heard that works anyway.
See I thought that was the case always too. But I looked at navigators on a recent(past 3 months) ship to see if they were all at the same time and this one didn’t have a 1820 society on the first night. I called DCL and asked if they could leave a message with the ship that we had 5 people interested in attending. I wanted to be sure they had one the first night since it’s only a 3 day cruise. I was told that if they asked when we got on the ship, that if there’s enough interest, they would schedule one for them.

We did breakfast in the MDR on our excursion days. It's just too hectic to find a table in Cabanas midst everyone else with similar plans. It was great, if a littl slower, since you are being served, but not horribly slower. Also, the coffee is much better in the MDR than upstairs.

Yes, I love the calmer, much less noisy option of the dining room for breakfast. If you have time, it is "luxury". And oh by far they have better coffee!

I have to wonder if there are peak times. We never had crowds, but we rarely were there before 10 am.

Yes, it can be absolute bedlam between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. We often go up about 9:30. But sometimes on sea days everyone has the same idea to sleep in, and then it gets mobbed later in the morning. ;) Another vote for late dining seating as you can have a later breakfast and lunch without spoiling your dinner.

This. And this is exactly why reducing tips even if you skip a meal in the MDR is so unfair.

This has always been my argument for the recommended tipping they bill for. Every server is covering breakfast and lunch and working in Cabanas and on CC at Cookies. Your dinner servers don't just work that one meal, and their schedule is exhausting. We had a server who would be in the MDR until Midnight setting up for the morning, and then have to get up at 5 a.m. to serve the breakfast shift or do room service. Whether you use the MDR for dinner, your servers are still working round the clock and deserve those "recommended" gratuities.

We have often taken our breakfast back to our room to eat on the verandah. We bring one of the drink carriers from a fast food place for ease.

If I had one wish for Disney to do, would be to offer hot breakfast entrees for room service. HAL, Princess and Carnival all offered omelets, pancakes, waffles and breakfast meats on their room service menus. NCL does too, but they charge if it's not continental.

Yes, it can be absolute bedlam between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. We often go up about 9:30. But sometimes on sea days everyone has the same idea to sleep in, and then it gets mobbed later in the morning. ;) Another vote for late dining seating as you can have a later breakfast and lunch without spoiling your dinner.

Other than my first cruise, which had just dinner seating, we always have late seating for dinner. Being West Coasters, especially on an East Coast cruise, especially when our kids were still kids and active in sports. late seating was actually eating early for our bodies. 8:30 pm EST is 5:30 PST, and when our kids were in school dinner was rarely before 630 pm PST, and during baseball season, it might be as late at 830 pm PST.
My hat has always been off to the parents on these boards who can get off work, get their kids home, and have dinner on the table by 5 pm!

Other than my first cruise, which had just dinner seating, we always have late seating for dinner. Being West Coasters, especially on an East Coast cruise, especially when our kids were still kids and active in sports. late seating was actually eating early for our bodies. 8:30 pm EST is 5:30 PST, and when our kids were in school dinner was rarely before 630 pm PST, and during baseball season, it might be as late at 830 pm PST.
My hat has always been off to the parents on these boards who can get off work, get their kids home, and have dinner on the table by 5 pm!

100% we are very European in our dinnertime, often eating at 7:30/8 after our extracurricular activities. If it was just my family going then we would totally be the late seating, but we are going with my entire (extended) family and we have littles that won't make it that long. We'll figure it out. My kids can eat (or not eat) while they hang with aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents, and if they get hungry later, we'll just go and find some food. There is always food to be eaten on a cruise ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter