Breonna Taylor Grand Jury report

What would you like them to wear?
Uniforms. Or plain clothed wait to enter until uniformed officers have.

I will repeat my comment from earlier that if somebody knocks in my door in the middle of the night in plain clothes, my first instinct will NOT be that they’re police, regardless of how they identify themselves verbally.

Uniforms. Or plain clothed wait to enter until uniformed officers have.

I will repeat my comment from earlier that if somebody knocks in my door in the middle of the night in plain clothes, my first instinct will NOT be that they’re police, regardless of how they identify themselves verbally.
I understand. But if they were wearing vests with "Police" in white lettering, I would think that would be more visible than a uniform. And aren't most uniforms dark?

I understand. But if they were wearing vests with "Police" in white lettering, I would think that would be more visible than a uniform. And aren't most uniforms dark?
We’re the occupants of the apartment sleeping? If the apartment was dark, the people entering would have been backlit so lettering on the front of a uniform would have been very hard to see.

I would think I could tell the silhouette of an officers uniform apart from typical clothes but in the early morning when awaken from sleep that might be over estimating my abilities.

We’re the occupants of the apartment sleeping? If the apartment was dark, the people entering would have been backlit so lettering on the front of a uniform would have been very hard to see.

I would think I could tell the silhouette of an officers uniform apart from typical clothes but in the early morning when awaken from sleep that might be over estimating my abilities.
According to an article I just read, they were in bed watching a movie. But "it was watching us more than we were watching it". I'm not quite sure what that means.

I wouldn't go far as to say officers would be backlit without knowing what the lighting situation was. I would also assume any uniformed officers would have similar vests on to the ones in the picture above. I would not be surprised if the BF would have fired at ANYONE breaking into the apartment. I think that's a valid reaction.

According to an article I just read, they were in bed watching a movie. But "it was watching us more than we were watching it". I'm not quite sure what that means.

They were probably sleeping or almost asleep so the “tv was watching them” vs them actually being into what was on tv.

I wouldn't go far as to say officers would be backlit without knowing what the lighting situation was. I would also assume any uniformed officers would have similar vests on to the ones in the picture above. I would not be surprised if the BF would have fired at ANYONE breaking into the apartment. I think that's a valid reaction.
I would say they were falling asleep during the movie.

I haven't read all 9 pages of the thread, so I apologize in advance for that.

I'm sorry that Breonna Taylor was shot and died. However, based on the facts that have come out, she was in cahoots with her loser drug dealer ex-boyfriend. She knew that he was having drugs delivered to her apartment. She was moving very large sums of money around for him. The police DID knock before they entered. The police SAW a woman and man standing at the end of the hallway. The man with her pointed a gun at the cops. He SHOT one of the cops. The police returned fire. The one police officer who was brought up on charges...those charges ARE warranted, in my opinion. But the other 2 police officers who "got off?" They were totally justified in firing their weapons toward the 2 suspects because the 2 cops SAW the guy pointing the gun at them and they HEARD the gun go off. 1 of the 2 cops DID get shot by the male suspect.

She was a crooked person who was engaged in illegal activity. She was NOT asleep in her bed when she was shot and killed. Maybe if she hadn't been helping her ex-boyfriend deal drugs, she'd still be alive today.

I'm sorry that Breonna Taylor was shot and died. However, based on the facts that have come out, she was in cahoots with her loser drug dealer ex-boyfriend. She knew that he was having drugs delivered to her apartment. She was moving very large sums of money around for him. The police DID knock before they entered. The police SAW a woman and man standing at the end of the hallway. The man with her pointed a gun at the cops. He SHOT one of the cops. The police returned fire. The one police officer who was brought up on charges...those charges ARE warranted, in my opinion. But the other 2 police officers who "got off?" They were totally justified in firing their weapons toward the 2 suspects because the 2 cops SAW the guy pointing the gun at them and they HEARD the gun go off. 1 of the 2 cops DID get shot by the male suspect.

She was a crooked person who was engaged in illegal activity. She was NOT asleep in her bed when she was shot and killed. Maybe if she hadn't been helping her ex-boyfriend deal drugs, she'd still be alive today.
Do you have any facts for what I bolded or are you just ok with libeling a dead person?

The Glenn Beck and company reaction, 'she was surrounded by criminals so she also deserved to die'. You're sorry she was murdered but not really that sorry cause crime fighters have to fight crime no matter who gets in their path. Let's pray for her family but let us also not question the systematic problems that permeate our nation because that is unpatriotic and the flag you or I wave is perfect.

Last edited:
A lot of the news media, under pressure of deadlines and click-hunger, is focusing on minutiae in order to have a story to publish.

The above-linked Washington Post "fact check" article is a good example. The author even gives it away in the first few sentences where he admits he copied his "story" from other newspapers. 90% of his "story" is copied from a Louisville Courier-Journal story from a couple of days ago, and 100% if his story is irrelevant.

There are only a very few relevant facts directly relating to the shooting of Breonna Taylor:
  1. The police officers were lawfully serving a search warrant issued by a judge.
  2. Upon breaching the front door, Breonna Taylor's boyfriend shot Sgt Mattingly
  3. Officers returned fire and Ms Taylor was hit.
  4. Ms Taylor died from the gunshot wounds.
All of the tedious discussion about whether or not the warrant was a no-knock warrant is irrelevant. It was a legal warrant, and the officers had legal authority to enter the apartment.

Any discussion about Ms. Taylor's previous alleged involvement in a drug operation is irrelevant.

Whether the new boyfriend who shot Sgt Mattingly is, was, or ever has been involved in any criminal activity of any kind is irrelevant.

Whether the new boyfriend was justified in shooting Sgt Mattingly is irrelevant.

How the officers were dressed is irrelevant with regard to the legality of the shooting. That's part of the discussion on how to improve LMPD's search warrant procedures, but has no bearing on this case.

"She was a crooked person who was engaged in illegal activity. She was NOT asleep in her bed when she was shot and killed. Maybe if she hadn't been helping her ex-boyfriend deal drugs, she'd still be alive today."

Hmm, Interesting thoughts VandVsmama

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter