BWV 10/16 Reservation-Received the Dreaded 'Welcome Home' Letter

Note to self, pack a robe for Oct trip lol

Interesting. Probably in the minority but I'm all for fence around pool if it requires key card to gain entrance. Usually crowded, had thought it likely a popular place for visitors to crash.

I agree, I'm all for a fence, but my fear is they will fence the main pool and all of the unregistered guest will be at the villa pool!!!! While this pool is normally quiet, it was not quiet this last trip. Every thing from screaming kids and screaming adults, to throwing a hard football in the middle of a packed pool. It was not relaxing at all. After a couple of drinks I could tolerate it more! So if they fence in the main pool, I surely hope it includes the villa pool too!!!

I received the letter as well. We are booked the weekend of October 20th-23rd in a garden/pool view. Seems like anyone staying, no matter what view, received the letter.

FWIW, we were there in April, standard view. We were on the second floor and they were remodeling the rooms on the 1st floor wing, right underneath us. We never heard a thing.

We check in next week for a BWV and BWI stay. We got separate letters for both stays but basically the same wording. Over on the resort board someone posted pics of workers on the balcony's.

We check in on November 2nd (std view) and have received nothing so far. We had all of this last December and we weren't thrilled - workers underneath/ beside our balcony pre-9am chatting loudly and clanking paint tins. Ended up getting comped points so that softened it a bit but was really hoping not to have to deal with it again! :(

We check in on November 2nd (std view) and have received nothing so far. We had all of this last December and we weren't thrilled - workers underneath/ beside our balcony pre-9am chatting loudly and clanking paint tins. Ended up getting comped points so that softened it a bit but was really hoping not to have to deal with it again! :(

The Disney refurb list I saw the other day said it ends 10/31.

We check in on 10/15 in a 1BR pool/garden view and my parents/sister's family also check in that day in a 2BR standard view. We both got the letters. This will be everyone's (except me!) first stay at the BWV so I am really hoping that the construction is not too obtrusive.

We are staying in BWV December 10-27 (yes, that long) and have just had the email. Came on here to see if anyone knew what we could expect. We are in Standard View Studio.

As we have been living pretty much on a building site (new housing development) for the past 18 months this hardly fazes us (bricklayers been at the side of our house building, shouting and swearing most of the day today in fact!) but it's good to know what to expect!!

Last edited:
We are staying in BWV December 10-27 (yes, that long) and have just had the email. Came on here to see if anyone knew what we could expect. We are in Standard View Studio.

As we have been living pretty much on a building site (new housing development) for the past 18 months this hardly fazes us (bricklayers been at the side of our house building, shouting and swearing most of the day today in fact!) but it's good to know what to expect!!
You got notification in an email? I am going before you and I haven't received anything. Have received notifications in the past (AKV and BLT) but always snail mail and never email. Although we were at BWV last fall during the renovations and didn't receive a notice at that time either.

You got notification in an email? I am going before you and I haven't received anything. Have received notifications in the past (AKV and BLT) but always snail mail and never email. Although we were at BWV last fall during the renovations and didn't receive a notice at that time either.
Yeah, email from "Disney Destinations" yesterday. Whether that's because I'm in the UK so they send by email rather than post, I'm not sure. Same wording as others have posted on this thread though.

Yeah, email from "Disney Destinations" yesterday. Whether that's because I'm in the UK so they send by email rather than post, I'm not sure. Same wording as others have posted on this thread though.

Updated to say that we have now received an email for our November stay.

Just got our e-mail for VWL coming up in Dec. (assume BLT may follow as we have a split reservation). Pretty much let us know everything was under construction there... but we knew that.

Here now. They are definitely fencing in the main pool. That was the most of the construction I saw on the Villa side. A huge part of the parking lot is taken up by construction equipment.

The Inn side has a lot more construction. Tons of equipment in the courtyard and workers on the balconies painting. Work seems to be suspended over the weekend though. I will say that these workers were very rude, blocking the pathway, etc. Definitely not normal CMs. The quiet pool at the Inn was very loud when the working is taking place. The quiet pool on the Inn side is also being fenced so I would assume the Villa quiet pool will be fenced as well.

Here now. They are definitely fencing in the main pool. That was the most of the construction I saw on the Villa side. A huge part of the parking lot is taken up by construction equipment.

The Inn side has a lot more construction. Tons of equipment in the courtyard and workers on the balconies painting. Work seems to be suspended over the weekend though. I will say that these workers were very rude, blocking the pathway, etc. Definitely not normal CMs. The quiet pool at the Inn was very loud when the working is taking place. The quiet pool on the Inn side is also being fenced so I would assume the Villa quiet pool will be fenced as well.
Thanks for the update

On the member website where the resort info is listed, almost all resorts have something going on.

:earsboy: Bill

Sorry

I've looked onto the DVC member website but I can't see it? Under what section is it - Find destinations?

We'll be there for Labor Day, yes, we got the letter, and from what I am reading, it's not pretty! However, the only park we want to go to is Epcot, and it's the location that we care about on this trip, mostly.

Is the pool open while they build the fence?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter