BWV 10/16 Reservation-Received the Dreaded 'Welcome Home' Letter

I'm staying December 29th through January 2nd (Studio - Standard View) and I just received the letter. I guess it's safe to say the construction will be going on through all the holidays and even up to New Year's Day!

Best wishes,
Dave

I'm staying December 29th through January 2nd (Studio - Standard View) and I just received the letter. I guess it's safe to say the construction will be going on through all the holidays and even up to New Year's Day
We just got the letter for a BWV stay beginning December 31st, and we are in a Garden/Pool view Studio, so it looks like it is for almost all of the resort.
ETA: Looking closer, almost all of the other posts above were for standard view rooms, so the next phase may be a fence around the pool which would impact the G/P view rooms.
Has anyone with a Boardwalk view room reservation received this letter?
We have been OKW owners since 1993 and BWV owners since 2006, I honestly can't ever remember any refurbs that have taken as long as this one.
The Disney refurb list I saw the other day said it ends 10/31.
The member website now says: "This work is expected to be completed in fall 2016". Note: fall does not end until 12/20/16.
However, since we got the letter for a 12/31/16 stay, the date on the member website may just keep getting pushed back.

Last edited:
We'll be there for Labor Day, yes, we got the letter, and from what I am reading, it's not pretty! However, the only park we want to go to is Epcot, and it's the location that we care about on this trip, mostly.

Is the pool open while they build the fence?

Pools are open.

We just got the letter for a BWV stay beginning December 31st, and we are in a Garden/Pool view Studio, so it looks like it is for almost all of the resort.
ETA: Looking closer, almost all of the other posts above were for standard view rooms, so the next phase may be a fence around the pool which would impact the G/P view rooms.
Has anyone with a Boardwalk view room reservation received this letter?

The member website now says: "This work is expected to be completed in fall 2016". Note: fall does not end until 12/20/16.
However, since we got the letter for a 12/31/16 stay, the date on the member website may just keep getting pushed back.
YES! We received the letter via snail mail. We are staying in a Grand Villa October 28-30, 2016. Yikes... I really hope they are done painting our balcony (or not starting until a later date.)

Hm. I have a G/P studio for first week in Nov and haven't received a letter. When I was there in early May I had to contend with disruption to quiet pool area (very noisy as they re-did exteriors for those rooms) but luckily I had view of Croquet Field from my room so that was fine.

ETa; spoke too soon I got home tonight and there it was! Grr. Second trip this year.

Last edited:
We haven't gotten a letter for BLT in December, do we think that resort will be done as planned?

We got the letter and our trip isn't until February! I was really confused to even get the letter, I was under the impression all renovations were complete. I decided to check the boards today and I see this post. How long will this balcony work take?

Received letter for our October F&W trip, garden/pool view. HOPING that disruption will be minimal.

We don't even check in until Dec 16th and we got the letter this week!
It's crazy they are still anticipation ongoing construction all the way to December!

We were at BWV last Aug and had a G/P view studio overlooking the green/lobby balcony area where you can see the boardwalk sideways. We could hear the loud sawing and hammering of room renovations in our room as if it was right next door. We booked again for this coming F&W....early Oct G/P studio again ...thinking we'd be good to go as far as construction. Also got letter not long ago. Still like the convenience to Epcot for F&W but just can't understand why it's taking so long. And it seems like many of the resorts AND the parks have work going on.

*Upon your arrival, you will see and hear work in progress as we renovate Disney's BoardWalk Villas for your future enjoyment.

*You will also notice Cast Members conducting routine exterior painting and balcony maintenance throughout the Resort.

While we work our magic, there is the possibility of loud noise at times. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding. Please know that we are making every effort to ensure your comfort and enjoyment of all we have to offer."

:worried:

I got the same letter for my November 5 stay. Not so happy. I thought the renovation work would be completed by now too. I also booked 11 months out, too late to change now.

Last edited:
Shocked to see the letter going out to those who have booked all the way into next year!

Guess I shouldn't hold my breath that the work will be primarily finished before my stay in early October.

Would like to think that they decided to yet again expand the rehab, vs just telling me what I wanted to hear when I called after gettting the letter.

They just need to be upfront about this type of thing IMO. Doubtful the BWV would go empty during construction even if announced far ahead of time by DVC. Likely those paying cash would feel completely different and book elsewhere if their rate/package still available so close to the date.

Could someone who is at the BWV's currently, post photos of the fence going around the pool. Is it an attractive fence, see through and not obscuring the view, and will it be linked to our magic bands or key cards for access? By the way are magic bands waterproof?

Thanks

Could someone who is at the BWV's currently, post photos of the fence going around the pool. Is it an attractive fence, see through and not obscuring the view, and will it be linked to our magic bands or key cards for access? By the way are magic bands waterproof?

Thanks
Yes the magic bands are meant to be worn in the pool or at the waterparks

Hi we are staying 1/15 through 1/22/17 and just received the letter...guess it's taking longer than expected. We visited BWV this past Jan 2016, we entered the resort over by the clown pool. The area around the elevators look to be in some serious need of rehab, I hope they are taking care of that area. It looked like they had a water problem. I love BWV, it's my home resort. We stayed at GFV in Jan, very nice resort but just not like home. :)

Had this outside our window our entire stay last fall. Seemed like men were working there every time we looked out during the day. I understand work needs to be done but we pay way too much money to get this view 2 years in a row. Hoping not to see it again this year.
BWV2015660co.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter