BWV 10/16 Reservation-Received the Dreaded 'Welcome Home' Letter

we're at the Boardwalk at the minute and they're painting outside on the Inn side and they started putting the fencing up around the quiet pool today. We're on the four floor DVC side and there are at least 8 rooms we walk past that are being fully refurbished. So drilling & banging when we walk past. We're not near those rooms so it's quiet where we are.

Interesting that the Disney Files says, "By the time this magazine mails, crews are scheduled to have completed the refurbishment efforts pictured in the fall 2015 edition of Disney Files Magazine...." Not very up to date with the information.

Any idea what is being done? Did they have a problem with the refurbishment done last year that it has to be redone? Thank you for the update! Hope you enjoy.

we're at the Boardwalk at the minute and they're painting outside on the Inn side and they started putting the fencing up around the quiet pool today. We're on the four floor DVC side and there are at least 8 rooms we walk past that are being fully refurbished. So drilling & banging when we walk past. We're not near those rooms so it's quiet where we are.

It looks like they are completing re-doing the rooms including the bathrooms I'm not sure if these rooms were not done with the rest. Our room was refurbished and the quality of the work was quiet poor in places, we had door handles falling off, painting missed in places, the kitchen tap fell off, one of the bathroom doors didn't shut properly.

We had no complications or distractions due to refurbishments during our BWV Labor Day weekend stay!

We were all the way by the Attic, but, it was a very nice 1 bedroom, with a nice view.

I'm curious to know if all of the interiors have been refurbished. We arrive on Sunday.

Here now and I did not see any signs of work going on at the pools or anywhere on the outside of the BWV. Might still be refurb work going on with a few of the rooms, but If so, it is very limited. I did not see any signs of it at all, but have not walked all the hallways, either, LOL.

Pool fences are definitely finished. Took some pictures of the fence - posted them in this thread:
BWV POOL Fences

Had this outside our window our entire stay last fall. Seemed like men were working there every time we looked out during the day. I understand work needs to be done but we pay way too much money to get this view 2 years in a row. Hoping not to see it again this year.
View attachment 191880

that's what we had to. I thought it was for bungee jumping

We're here, standard studio on 2nd floor (my new favorite location).

No issue with the pool fence or our room that is refurbed other Than it doesn't have much of a Disney feel to it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter