Character swap - COMPLETE

Character meals is a great idea :) I love single elements--we just got our MK swap back today and it is amazing how everything coordinates :)

oh if you're going to be doing groups involving character meals you may have sucked me in....DH and I are trying Tusker House this summer!

Tusker House is tasty! :goodvibes

I am personally a fan of single elements myself, but wouldn't mind a couple mini page kits as long as those groups don't get too huge. For the MK swap, the group I was in required me making 7 or 8 kits! I think 5-6 should be max.

Oh! And if we do some mini kits, I think a Fairies group is in order! :goodvibes

Edit: Another thought on the single element matter... what if we group by movie? You say you would like a variety of elements for each character, so what if we try:

Aladdin (You can potentially meet Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, Abu, and Jafar in the parks):
1. Person #1 - Aladdin
2. Person #2 - Jasmine
3. Person #3 - Genie
4. Person #4 - Abu
5. Person #5 - Jafar

This way, you can get a variety of characters from the same movie... so if you only have a picture with Aladdin, using the Abu element could still work on the same page. Any thoughts? This could also be an easy way to sneak in rarer characters, like Jafar.

Then if we run into a movie, say Beauty and the Beast, we could just repeat characters (Belle, Belle, Beast, Beast) for extra elements or go with generic characters from the movie you may not be able to meet, but still fit the page (Belle, Beast, Lumiere, Cogsworth). Afterall, Lumiere is in a parade!

I look forward to participating in this swap! I love the single elements because of the ease of creating them tempting me to sign up for more groups. With this being said, I love the page kits!! They take more effort when creating but I love having most of the page elements together all coordinating. Either way, I can't wait to participate.

I just might have to make room for this one. can never have too many characters.

I like the idea of grouping them by movie, or meal. that was we can have the stepmother, anastaia, druzella, cinderella, the prince, who are also at 1900 park faire. :) And I could use more of the groups.

Holiday groups would be awesome.

I prefer single elements as they defiantly go faster.

Sarah - Would you mind sending me an up-to-date list of who is appearing? I want to make sure I'm covering the right characters, as we haven't been there since 2008.
Thanks,
Danielle

Here are my likes:

A: Mickey Mouse Love this idea!!! Awesome!
1. Everyday Mickey (red shorts)
2. Sorcerer Mickey
3. Safari Mickey
4. Chef Mickey

H: Pixar Sounds great!!
1. Tow Mater
2. Lightning McQueen
3. Flik
4. The Incredibles
5. Nemo

I: Pixar II Love love this!
1. Mike
2. Sulley
3. Mr. Fredrickson
4. Russell
5. Dug

O: Christmas Characters Def. in for this one
1. Mickey
2. Minnie
3. Donald
4. Goofy
5. Pluto

P: Halloween Characters In for this one, too
1. Mickey
2. Minnie
3. Pluto
4. Goofy
5. Donald

Q: Pick A Character Maybe?

Groups AA through choose a single element:

AA: Mickey For sure

BB: Minnie For sure

CC: Donald For sure

DD: Pluto For sure

EE: Goofy For sure

FF: Daisy For sure

GG: Chip & Dale For sure

Groups HH through NN pick your character & element - single element

II: Beauty & The Beast In for this one
1. Belle – yellow dress
2. Belle – blue dress
3. Beast
4. Lumiere
5. Cogsworth
6. Mrs. Potts

JJ: Toy Story For sure!!
1. Buzz
2. Woody
3. LGMs
4. Jessie
5. Lotso
6. Green Army Men

KK: Crystal Palace Yep!!
1. Pooh
2. Tigger
3. Eeyore
4. Piglet

LL: 1900 Park Fare Yes....did the characters change for this? Every time I've been there, it was Mary, Alice, Hatter, Pooh and Tigger.
1. Mary Poppins
2. Alice
3. Mad Hatter
4. Pinocchio
5. Geppetto

MM: Cape May This one, too...will we make the pieces themed for the beach?
1. Chip
2. Dale
3. Pluto
4. Goofy

NN: Donald’s Breakfast Yes...safari themed pieces?
1. Donald
2. Mickey
3. Goofy
4. Minnie

PP: Ohana yep!!!

RR: Aladdin maybe?
1. Aladdin
2. Jasmine
3. Genie
4. Abu
5. Jafar

Any that I didn't list I probably won't join. This is just my interest!! LOL FYI!

Will this swap be open to newbies? I have participated in the Pet Swap and completed my group commitment for that and would love to join a Disney Element swap like this for characters....I love to do the paper piecings.:)

Also a suggestion/request: How about Animal Kingdom characters? I see you have a Donald's Breakfast group listed--would that be safari themed in the elements? We seem to meet and greet a lot of characters in AK and they are wearing their safari gear....I can always use Safari theme elements for the characters.
Safari Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto...

Scrappinstevie - we would love to have you join. Yes, the donald's breakfast pieces will be safari themed, and the cape may will be beach themed.

Any other requests from anyone?

Danielle--wondering about Peter Pan at CRT. We've only seen princesses there, we've also only gone at breakfast. Does Peter show up at CRT? Maybe another princess or Prince Charming or the mice might be a better fit???????

I've never been there so I was just going by a list online. I will go and change it to the prince.

Scrappinstevie - we would love to have you join. Yes, the donald's breakfast pieces will be safari themed, and the cape may will be beach themed.

Any other requests from anyone?

Thank You!!

I just looked at the Donald's Breakfast group again....you could add a #5 to the character list as Daisy is a character you'll find there as well.

:thumbsup2 Daisy is added. Is there anyone else I'm missing from the character meals? I've not done most of them except chef mickey's and tusker house.

Ohana characters are: Stitch, Lilo, Pluto, and Goofy (I think on Goofy- I will try to look at my pictures when i return if no one else has answered)

CRT- the various princesses and Fiary Godmother are sometimes there. The only place to find Prince Chraming is 1900 Park Fare dinner.

1900 Park Fare Dinner has Cinderella, Prince Charming, and then any 3 of the following: Fairy Godmother, Suzy, Perla, Anastasia, Drizella, Lady Termaine.

Rebecca

since just back...

1900 Park Fare breakfast had Mary Poppins, Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger...we have done this breakfast since 2002 and has always been these characters for Breakfast

CRT had Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle and Ariel this time at Dinner but has had Jasmine in the past...

I'm in, just figured out I took over 1500 pics on my camera, not including the photopass ones that I have not even looked at yet...can't wait to start printing them.

Cassey

I'm in, just figured out I took over 1500 pics on my camera, not including the photopass ones that I have not even looked at yet...can't wait to start printing them.

Cassey

Cassey--That's me too. I always have a TON of photos. Now you'll just have to swap with us for a long time to get enough elements to cover your zillions of pages you need to make! :cool1: Yay. Love having you in swaps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter