Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Not exactly the kind of record I was looking for this season :scared: to be fair they have played more innings than 5 games (scraping for silver lining here, lol)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ious-nl-record-58-strikeouts-first-five-games

giphy.gif

good thing it's only 5 games in!

ETA: at least the Dodger's have the same record after their 15 inning loss

maybe the game will be rained out tonight, the guys could use the day off ahead of their day off, lol.

Last edited:
just about ready...but as others noticed, foul territory has certainly shrunk! The on deck circle is gonna be in the seasts at this rate, lol. Rizzo has a bit larger area, (odd bump out visually from above) Just need the W flying!
DZzQAL1X0AAL9MN.jpg

You sure did get great photos! Especially cool to get Eddie with the game he had! Jhey might have to click the heels 3 times on his ruby slippers tonight..tornado watch/warning for the area. Maybe it can help carry some hits over the wall? Zobie nearly got buried by the tarp guys
DZ4uNVGU8AAuF8-.jpg
DZ4uNVCU0AANLme.jpg

Zobrist nearly engulfed by the tarp: “Are you kidding me? They nearly ran me over.”

DZ4tfHqWsAE6dCh.jpg

here's the lineup in case they do play~(both teams do have an off day tomorrow if they can't get this in tonight, but our guys really need that day & its a travel day)
Lefty Lineup
DZ4IbGkX4AEP7_G.jpg

Last edited:
well, the rain out has Lester in game 1 against the Brewers. Braun and Cain kinda like to use Jon as batting practice so I hope he is on it. STL had 2 outs bottom of the 9th and just gave up B2B homers , Yelich and Braun. Brewers win 5-4. I was really hoping we were going to beat the Reds tonight (considering their pitcher we were to face *should* have been one we could hit the ball off of) and head into MKE on a W. Hopefully STL beats them tomorrow in a 15 or so inning game, just to take the wind out of their sails.

the rain out also has Chatwood getting the home opener on Moday now, instead of Lester

Last edited:
Looks like the DIS decided to stop notifying me again. This is getting old!

I missed what the Philies did and agree Jeter is a DB. Have always thought that. Good player, not quite so much as a person.
guess you just have to get in the habit of checking the page daily:rolleyes1 season officially started and all (even if the Cubs appear to be on the usual schedule of the season starting THIS week, lol)

guess you just have to get in the habit of checking the page daily:rolleyes1 season officially started and all (even if the Cubs appear to be on the usual schedule of the season starting THIS week, lol)
Whelp, I want to, but with the new job, way less time for the DIS and still trying to finish up my TR (behind on that too). Wake up at oh-dark-hundred, go work out, get bus to downtown, work, get bus to get home, eat, take a little time to love the dog and kick the wife (ooops, I mean kick the dog and love the wife [double oops, love both]) and then head to bed to lather, rinse, repeat.

Whelp, I want to, but with the new job, way less time for the DIS and still trying to finish up my TR (behind on that too). Wake up at oh-dark-hundred, go work out, get bus to downtown, work, get bus to get home, eat, take a little time to love the dog and kick the wife (ooops, I mean kick the dog and love the wife [double oops, love both]) and then head to bed to lather, rinse, repeat.
Well, I mean, if you are gong to go and PRIORITZE everything...fine:rolleyes1:rotfl:

Here is tonight's line up against the Brew Crew
images

In honor of our Wrigley North Home Opener~ From Maddon's Korked collection
korked_wn_mock_6_1_1024x1024.jpg

No JHey or Schwarber. Not sure how I feel about no JHey in RF with Lester on the bump but you know Javy is in with the threat of stealing.
Heard Yelich is out tonight , I'm ok with that, lol. KB and AAJ with decent number's against Suter, let's hope we see that tonight. KB a few less opportunities maybe, dropping down to 3P..time to just enjoy seeing them play!

LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

hoping this site for 670 works for people who can't get the game~

http://mainstreamnetwork.com/listen/mobile_android.asp?station=waru-fm

DaC4LOJXcAA6RDX.jpg

Last edited:
The bats were hot tonight! Guess they just needed a “home” game. :rolleyes1

Fly the W!
I feel the need to obtain that shirt now, lol

JHEY!!!!!!!!!!!! He hit his first homer on this same date!

UnfortunateInexperiencedArieltoucan-max-1mb.gif

Lester was savage tonight! His pick-off of Braun was the best, lol. Situational hitting, staying patient, bullpen..Butterfield aggressive with sending the guys too, but Javy was going no matter what. Javy set the tone in the 2nd...Brewers were done then. Brutal that Knebel went down tho, I never like seeing a player injured like that. First Nelson now Knebel in Cub game..Brew Crew DEF pissed now~ but they have been trash talking & you don't tempt karma

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Well, at least the Cubs didn't have any problems with eagles these two weeks. https://www.mlb.com/cut4/a-bald-eagle-landed-on-james-paxton-before-the-game/c-270959234
OMG. He handled that so nonchalantly. I would have had a melt down if a giant bird with razor sharp talons landed on me.

I was busy for most of the night so I only saw highlights, but the highlights were awesome!

I have to say that Lester's bounce pass pick off was my favorite. I just watched it again on MLB and the had the play by play from both teams' announcers. I loved how cheeky Braun was when he literally sauntered half way to third base. I loved the embarrassed look on his face when he was caught. I've mentioned before that I really like him. I was also amused when Bob Uecker said something like "Lester threw the ball in the dirt but still got him out" ... yeah Bob ... he did that intentionally! I'm glad that Lester was able to pull the move out last night. Practice makes perfect. Fear the bounce pass, boys.

Of course, Javy's heads up running from first to score through Butters half-assed stop sign was awesome too. Butters better work on making a decision and throw up a good stop instead of waving one hand ineffectually. I know it was an exciting, fast play but the players need to rely on him. Third base coach is my favorite coaching position because it's right in front of me so I'll be spending a lot of time watching Butters this year.

And ... who can forget JHey's homer? "Happy anniversary big fella", LOL.

OMG. He handled that so nonchalantly. I would have had a melt down if a giant bird with razor sharp talons landed on me.

I was busy for most of the night so I only saw highlights, but the highlights were awesome!

I have to say that Lester's bounce pass pick off was my favorite. I just watched it again on MLB and the had the play by play from both teams' announcers. I loved how cheeky Braun was when he literally sauntered half way to third base. I loved the embarrassed look on his face when he was caught. I've mentioned before that I really like him. I was also amused when Bob Uecker said something like "Lester threw the ball in the dirt but still got him out" ... yeah Bob ... he did that intentionally! I'm glad that Lester was able to pull the move out last night. Practice makes perfect. Fear the bounce pass, boys.

Of course, Javy's heads up running from first to score through Butters half-assed stop sign was awesome too. Butters better work on making a decision and throw up a good stop instead of waving one hand ineffectually. I know it was an exciting, fast play but the players need to rely on him. Third base coach is my favorite coaching position because it's right in front of me so I'll be spending a lot of time watching Butters this year.

And ... who can forget JHey's homer? "Happy anniversary big fella", LOL.

On Butterfield...
I thought he was aggressive with sending the runner's last night~ Joe has said for a while now that Javy gets a free pass on base running and Javy reiterated it again in the post game last night. Butterfield prob just has to keep that in mind. Learning curve for him, lol

https://www.mlb.com/cubs/video/cubs-on-baez-bringing-energy/c-1909617683?tid=8878538

On Butterfield...
I thought he was aggressive with sending the runner's last night~ Joe has said for a while now that Javy gets a free pass on base running and Javy reiterated it again in the post game last night. Butterfield prob just has to keep that in mind. Learning curve for him, lol

https://www.mlb.com/cubs/video/cubs-on-baez-bringing-energy/c-1909617683?tid=8878538
I didn't watch the rest of the game so I that was all I saw from Butters (that's what they called him at the Cubs Convention ;)). I like an aggressive 3rd base coach. I should come up with a Butters alliteration like "Wave-Em Wendell" ...

I didn't watch the rest of the game so I that was all I saw from Butters (that's what they called him at the Cubs Convention ;)). I like an aggressive 3rd base coach. I should come up with a Butters alliteration like "Wave-Em Wendell" ...
I love how Javy is using the Umps leg like a pillow lol (Ump could have actually gotten hurt now that I re-watch it)
https://imgur.com/5PQjiRL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter