• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booked at the BWI for 4 nights in late August. Booked water view this time!!! It says it is a view of the BW and lake. I sure hope that's the case and it's not a pool view. The room description doesn't mention a pool view at all.

Where are the best water view rooms?? Above Seashore Sweets? Or are those deluxe rooms?

:goodvibes

:welcome: to the DIS and the BWI/BWV thread!

The locations are listed on the first page of the thread:

DRINK REFILLS are available at BoardWalk Bakery, BoardWalk Joe's, The BoardWalk Pizza Window, Seashore Sweets and Leaping Horse Libations.

Coffee refills at the Belle View Lounge too.

Our waitlist came through so we will be in a garden/pool view studio 7/3 - 7/5. We will be spending the previous week at AKL-Kidani but we decided to extend our trip through the holiday and we wanted to try someplace new. I always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk or Beach Club so really looking forward to it. July 3rd and 4th are non-park days for us - we hope to hang out and enjoy the resorts. Planning to watch the MK fireworks on the 3rd with an ADR at Narcoosee's but we are planning on spending the evening of the 4th right in the BW area. We have a 7 PM ADR for Beaches and Cream and then we will see what the evening brings.

The kids will be 9 and 12 - any tips for fun things to do in that area are appreciated. We have never done a full day of just downtime before. We are hoping to come home a bit rested and not in need of another vacation. ;)

We are staying for the first time at BWV 5/8-5/12 in a studio pool/garden view. Since we are renting points, can we request an area when we check-in or will the room already be set? We actually would like to be by the quiet pool.

Our waitlist came through so we will be in a garden/pool view studio 7/3 - 7/5. We will be spending the previous week at AKL-Kidani but we decided to extend our trip through the holiday and we wanted to try someplace new. I always wanted to stay at the Boardwalk or Beach Club so really looking forward to it. July 3rd and 4th are non-park days for us - we hope to hang out and enjoy the resorts. Planning to watch the MK fireworks on the 3rd with an ADR at Narcoosee's but we are planning on spending the evening of the 4th right in the BW area. We have a 7 PM ADR for Beaches and Cream and then we will see what the evening brings.

The kids will be 9 and 12 - any tips for fun things to do in that area are appreciated. We have never done a full day of just downtime before. We are hoping to come home a bit rested and not in need of another vacation. ;)

the best place to watch Illuminations (with the exception of IN epcot, of course) is on the bridge connection the boardwalk and the beach club.

also, there are movies on the beach at beach club (yes, anyone can join in). there may be a campfire and marshmallow roast also. and you can rent a surry bike to pedal around crescent lake.

I think your family will find out how much they enjoy actually relaxing at WDW and enjoying the amenities of the resorts! you can also enjoy the various performers on the boardwalk. and the keester coaster water slide at the luna pool is the best!
andof course there is an arcade, just next to espn club. 9 and 12? maybe they could enjoy the arcade while you and hubby enjoy a beer at espn!

We are staying for the first time at BWV 5/8-5/12 in a studio pool/garden view. Since we are renting points, can we request an area when we check-in or will the room already be set? We actually would like to be by the quiet pool.

ask the people from whom you rented points to put in that request.

Here a few pictures from our trip last week of the hotel:
12736796855_506179f827_c.jpg

12736681705_68e9930471_c.jpg

12737271514_407462ee7b_c.jpg

We didn't request a room with an Epcot/fireworks view but we had one! We were on the 3rd floor. The walk to our room from the elevator was extremely long though. Crazy there isn't another elevator down that way! Here are pictures I took of the fireworks from our balcony one night. Like I said, not a bad view :)
12737154624_50a1ee7a98_c.jpg

12737138774_a3dc79f033_c.jpg

12737145824_cfdb1a86b2_c.jpg

12737148583_0415bba65d_c.jpg

Thanks for the pics miblue. It just made my Monday morning happier.:)

Just booked BWV 2 bedroom for 9/21-9/27 I'm SO EXCITED!!! :cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

Can't wait to get back to get back to my happy place!!!
Congratulations on booking! I'll log your dates.

We will be staying in a standard studio May 23-27 before heading to Vero Beach.
We land at 10:10 AM so I was going to request early check. Any chance of that happening? We've had great luck in the past at OKW & BC.

Also, what other preference besides early check in would you suggest at BW? We don't like a long walk down the hallways or much noise. The kids like to swim so maybe near the main or quiet pools?

Lastly, does anyone have a list of the children's activities at the Community Hall?

thanks,;)
Tabatha
Welcome! The Community Hall activities will be listed in the monthly activity calendar. The calendar is hyperlinked in Post 1, but the May calendar won't be posted until then.

If you land at 10:10 then with ME you probably won't be checking-in until around noon at the earliest. Your room could be ready by then, but it all depends on which room they've assigned you and if it was occupied the night before. If it wasn't, then it will be ready, but if it was occupied then it depends on how early the previous guest checked-out and if housekeeping has cleaned it. If your assigned room isn't ready, you can always ask to be changed to a room that is ready, but you might want to ask about the location of your assigned room first before giving it up.

I'm joining in.... Our family will be staying at BWV for 3 nights in August. It's the first part of our split stay (we're also staying at VWL and AKV) and will be the first time we stay here. I hope to learn as much as possible so we can get the most out of our stay!
Welcome and let us know if you have any questions.

We are booked at the BWI for 4 nights in late August. Booked water view this time!!! It says it is a view of the BW and lake. I sure hope that's the case and it's not a pool view. The room description doesn't mention a pool view at all.

Where are the best water view rooms?? Above Seashore Sweets? Or are those deluxe rooms?

:goodvibes
Only the Standard Views can have a pool view at BWI, so if you've booked a BWV, you'll be located overlooking the BW with Crescent Lake beyond.

Coffee refills at the Belle View Lounge too.
Great to know and now I see it listed on the first photo I have in the DINING section. I'll add that to the first page - thank you.

Congratulations on getting off the wait list!

I'll add your dates, too and happy planning!

Thanks for the pics miblue. It just made my Monday morning happier.:)
Yes, thank you, psac and miblue for making the thread look lovely with your photos.

No problem! I realized I had a few more relating to the hotel to share.

Other bed in our room and desk:
12754305034_5994fbd3e5_c.jpg

Still technically had a boardwalk view even though we were in a standard room :thumbsup2
12753849825_8b536b8657_c.jpg

Street performer:
12753829945_5c6c33a66b_c.jpg

Not totally in focus but the boardwalk at night:
12753838085_8f4d4bdb84_c.jpg

My son in the pool:
12753984323_aed5fdd0cd_c.jpg

Kids checking out the roller coaster:
12754258004_c0a7810bfe_c.jpg

Here a few pictures from our trip last week of the hotel: We didn't request a room with an Epcot/fireworks view but we had one! We were on the 3rd floor. The walk to our room from the elevator was extremely long though. Crazy there isn't another elevator down that way! Here are pictures I took of the fireworks from our balcony one night. Like I said, not a bad view :)

Love the pics !! 37 more days for us and I can't wait first time staying at boardwalk, what kind of room were you in ? We will be in the villas :) standard room I think

We are doing the same thing, rented points from someone and we have same type of room :) I am so anxious to see what kind of room we end up with :) we will be there April 2 yeah!!!

Love the pics !! 37 more days for us and I can't wait first time staying at boardwalk, what kind of room were you in ? We will be in the villas :) standard room I think

We were in a standard room! We still had a view of the boardwalk though as you can tell :) We were the first room right behind the ESPN restaurant.

The view of the fireworks was great! I didn't zoom in those pics at all, that's what it looked like from the balcony! That said, we had a double stroller and 2 little ones so I'm not sure the view of the fireworks trumped being closer to an elevator if we were to pick for a return trip :)

Just returned from the Boardwalk yesterday, and it's all wonderful as usual. We booked standard CL and requested a boardwalk view. Of course, we knew it was just a request, so we understood when we checked in and found that no boardwalk views were available for our stay. No problem! And then, we learned that BWI upgraded us to a 2-bedroom suite! It was perfect for the Princess Half Marathon weekend - so much wonderful space for our family and as much as I love the boardwalk view, it gave me the quiet I needed for pre-race rest!

CL at BWI is wonderful as usual. All the CMs create such a comfortable and welcoming environment. Even though our boys love the Polynesian, they vote for continuing split stays because they just love CL at BWI.

And just because this a safe resort thread, I'll share how much we LOVED magic bands and FP+. We usually start at rope drop, spend the morning in the park, have an ADR for lunch, take a swim/rest/lounge break in the afternoon and then head to Epcot for dinner. So 3 FP+ per day were all we really needed - went on other rides with low wait times in between. And with race weekend, it allowed us to run in the mornings, get to the park on our own time and enjoy a few favorites before lunch and afternoon breaks (which usually ended up happening around 3:30 or 4pm.) The magic bands made everything so easy - from getting in the room to park admission to FP+ - no more fumbling around with a zillion cards. I usually had a stack of APs, room keys and paper FPs. Now, barely opened my bag for anything. And it was super comfy to wear. We're not new to Disney - been going since I was two years old and same for our boys. We were a bit skeptical of the new system, but now that we've experienced it, we think it's great!!!

P.S. OK - just one negative. Crabby waiter at Flying Fish for the second time in a row. Great food at Flying Fish and so convenient when staying at BWI. Wondering why we keep getting crabby waiters!

Well, we made the big change from WL to BWI for October 4-12! We have booked a water view room, and are hoping it is not too noisy! We requested an upper floor, so hopefully that will be better. Can't wait to learn more about The Boardwalk! :yay:

P.S. OK - just one negative. Crabby waiter at Flying Fish for the second time in a row. Great food at Flying Fish and so convenient when staying at BWI. Wondering why we keep getting crabby waiters!

Maybe they work there so long, they take on the persona of the seafood? He must like crabs! :rotfl2: Sorry, I just couldn't pass it up.

Hi everyone. Staying in at BWV in May. Last BW stay DS was only 5 months old.

He is now 2.

Generally speaking, would any of the pool activities be appropriate for him?

Thanks.

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter