CONFIRMED! Splash Mountain REFURB: August 28 - November 16, 2017

It is really bad, isn't it? :rotfl: I would pay money to have it be Space Mountain instead of Splash.

Haha yes! Space and Big Thunder combined!

We're going like first week of September so I'm hoping maybe they end up pushing it back a couple weeks. Keep the hope!

We're going like first week of September so I'm hoping maybe they end up pushing it back a couple weeks. Keep the hope!
Doubtful. That would push into Thanksgiving crowds and potentially December holiday crowds.

There is a list of rides in preparation for the 50th.

I can almost guarantee this won't be splashes last refurb before the 50th. They have been taking it down from 1-3 months every year or two for a while now. It's a technological beast, and all that water complicates things

I can almost guarantee this won't be splashes last refurb before the 50th. They have been taking it down from 1-3 months every year or two for a while now. It's a technological beast, and all that water complicates things
It was a much shorter refurb in 2016 but yes. This should be Splash's last major one for a while though.

I thought they tried to do major updates in the winter season? Why would they close it during the busy Halloween party season??

Traditionally Disney has two preferred refurb seasons, between summer and Christmas, and between Christmas and spring break. They try spread them out as much as they can to make sure it never feels like "everything is closed"

I feel for you Splash lovers who will be visiting during the refurb :flower3: There's nothing worse than finding out your favourite attraction will be down while you're at WDW.

Last October/November we were without BTMR, Dinosaur and our absolute favourite, RNRC. We were less than thrilled to say the least.

I'm actually expecting an Everest refurb announcement shortly now that Avatar is scheduled to open soon. I hope it's after Nov 17th.

Hooray! Sorry and to each their own but Splash is great except for the water for us! We always like to leave more room for the rest of you! Now BTMR...wish we could stay on six times in a row...oh, that's right, we have ! Love it!

Hooray! Sorry and to each their own but Splash is great except for the water for us! We always like to leave more room for the rest of you! Now BTMR...wish we could stay on six times in a row...oh, that's right, we have ! Love it!

I've never seen someone excited a ride is closed. :p

:confused3Really 2 headliners for 1...I'm not even that crazy......And Splash is my fav.:eek:

This one doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why not schedule it for January-March, as they did in 2013 and 2014? Demand for a wet ride is a lot lower in winter. September and October are still reasonably busy and definitely still hot. Kind of bummed now, since this is one of my favorites, and I'm taking my first week-long trip ever in early September (I usually just take weekend trips).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter