CONFIRMED! Splash Mountain REFURB: August 28 - November 16, 2017

This one doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Why not schedule it for January-March, as they did in 2013 and 2014? Demand for a wet ride is a lot lower in winter. September and October are still reasonably busy and definitely still hot. Kind of bummed now, since this is one of my favorites, and I'm taking my first week-long trip ever in early September (I usually just take weekend trips).
Like I have already said, another ride will go down in early 2018 which is why Splash is going down later this year.

This is terrible news, but I can deal.

Do you all really think Everest will be down as well? If, so, I'll likely reschedule our October trip. Part of the reason for the trip is my niece finally being tall enough for it. She's been wanting to for years, and they don't get to go often.

Do you all really think Everest will be down as well? If, so, I'll likely reschedule our October trip. Part of the reason for the trip is my niece finally being tall enough for it. She's been wanting to for years, and they don't get to go often.
No, it will not be down during this time.

Whew! I feel like I dodged a bullet with this one after the refurbishment rumors first started popping up. Splash is my all-time favorite ride and it's been eight years since I've said hello to it. I'm about to say it again in six weeks. :)

This breaks my heart! We leave Disneyworld Nov 11th.. My husband and I looooove Splash. It's the first ride we go on when we get to Magic Kingdom! Hoping and praying its up early and we can still ride it!

No, Traveling half way around the world and ride may be down, Should be done in November after halloween.

No, it will not be down during this time.

But will it (Everest) be down in January? We hope to go again Jan 2018. Everest and Splash are our two favorite rides. I hate that those of you traveling in the fall will miss Splash, but I'm glad it will be back up by January. Now, I've got my fingers crossed Everest isn't down.

No!!! This sucks. WHY over Labor Day ?!?! Did they not get the memo that weekend is no longer slow??? Last 3 years were packed!!! And last year BTMR was down.

There don't seem to be a lot of slow times for Disney to choose from anymore. I am sorry for all who will be missing Splash this fall. I kind of got used to missing it several years ago when we would often travel over the MLK holiday and Splash was always closed for maintenance. Didn't make it any better for our trips, but it was just the needed routine.

Why is a refurb stupid? They need to happen, and I am all for it if other attractions are also getting refurbs. They need to spread these out and not have them all happen at once.
o_O

They used to do refurbs of this ride every January, when it was cold outside and ridership and park crowds were both low. Every once in a while, that refurb went longer to perform more work. That made sense - timing and need. Doing this during hot months, and these are all hot months in Florida, is just poorly planned out. It reeks of poor management.

Last edited:
My 5 year old will be heartbroken. I just asked her on Sunday what she wanted to do on her 6th birthday at Disney and she immediately said 'splash mountain' her birthday is the end of October. Normally I'm fine with returbs, but this one has me upset :(

I know I have seen the list, I was just wondering if you knew specifically of anything else going down in October of this year.
Can someone post a link to the list of rumored refurb's? Have an early Aug trip and wondering if we should prepare for any closings?

I'm disappointed when any rides close when we're going. But last year we missed big thunder Mountain which was really upsetting. I'm OK with missing out on splash Mountain this year.

Re-opens the week after we leave. Do these rehabs ever beat the clock and open early?

Bill From PA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter