Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

Talking this out with my DH. We are going to cancel our 3 night Dream Cruise this September. Waiting on an Eastern 9/18, 2021 Cruise quote tomorrow ( I’m silver). Will cancel and move that deposit over to the new Eastern. I can do that right?

Is DCL restricting guests from any other countries now other than China, like Italy or Japan? And I wonder how DCL will screen crewmembers returning to work from countries with outbreaks? Or are guests and crewmembers subject to the same rules and screening?

Talking this out with my DH. We are going to cancel our 3 night Dream Cruise this September. Waiting on an Eastern 9/18, 2021 Cruise quote tomorrow ( I’m silver). Will cancel and move that deposit over to the new Eastern. I can do that right?

I've been allowed to in the past - in fact the one time I did not, they sounded very surprised.

We've been discussing this tonight at our house as we're on the WBPC next week. We're thinking the higher risk times are flying, New Orleans, and we're scheduled for Disneyland after. We're trying to decide if we should skip Disneyland and just fly home earlier. It's a hard decision, but my immune system isn't the greatest.

Is DCL restricting guests from any other countries now other than China, like Italy or Japan? And I wonder how DCL will screen crewmembers returning to work from countries with outbreaks? Or are guests and crewmembers subject to the same rules and screening?
I saw last night a cruise ship was denied to port in Jamaica. Not sure which cruiseline.

I believe that was because a crew member had symptoms and had recently been to one of the countries where the virus has been spreading.

I saw last night a cruise ship was denied to port in Jamaica. Not sure which cruiseline.

Jamaica hemmed and hawed for four hours until the captain decided to leave. Grand Cayman denied them. In Cozumel now, not sure if they are being allowed to disembark.

I believe that was because a crew member had symptoms and had recently been to one of the countries where the virus has been spreading.
Kind of. Crew member from the Philippines that had recently been home has tested positive for the flu strain A. The Philippines only has 3 cases so is not an area where the virus has been spreading.

Jamaica hemmed and hawed for four hours until the captain decided to leave. Grand Cayman denied them. In Cozumel now, not sure if they are being allowed to disembark.

Kind of. Crew member from the Philippines that had recently been home has tested positive for the flu strain A. The Philippines only has 3 cases so is not an area where the virus has been spreading.
While I think it's overkill that the ship is being denied ports (and I have a Fantasy cruise in ~20 days, so I worry about this), I have hear that the Philippines supposedly has way more than 3 cases, but isn't reporting. Who knows if this is a racist rumor or a real thing, but it's a country with an authoritarian president and a lot of other things to worry about, so it's at least plausible.

I think regardless of the particular case this week I think all cruises need to worry about the potential of being denied ports. This situation is evolving so quickly that where the virus is could be different from day 1 to day 7 of the cruise.

We've been discussing this tonight at our house as we're on the WBPC next week. We're thinking the higher risk times are flying, New Orleans, and we're scheduled for Disneyland after. We're trying to decide if we should skip Disneyland and just fly home earlier. It's a hard decision, but my immune system isn't the greatest.
We are with you on the cruise and going to DL for five days after. LOTS of hand washing! Someone on here posted an idea that I thought was really great - to use the rest room in your stateroom. I know Disney is constantly cleaning the restrooms, but with all the people going in and out, it just couldn’t hurt to cut down on “contact” areas. See you on the cruise!

The islands are dependent on tourism.
While I think it's overkill that the ship is being denied ports (and I have a Fantasy cruise in ~20 days, so I worry about this), I have hear that the Philippines supposedly has way more than 3 cases, but isn't reporting. Who knows if this is a racist rumor or a real thing, but it's a country with an authoritarian president and a lot of other things to worry about, so it's at least plausible.
I was on a Caribbean cruise a couple of weeks ago and didn't get off the ship by choice. I've been to the ports multiples times, and none of them are that great. I would be thrilled with a 7-day cruise to nowhere. Whatever happens, the crew will make sure there's plenty to do on sea days. You will also get your port fees refunded.

Just FYI in some circles the same is being said for the US now. And you could probably say this for many other countries. :(

Just FYI in some circles the same is being said for the US now. And you could probably say this for many other countries. :(

The US is definitely under-reporting. We aren't testing anyone and then saying we have no cases. Korea has tested over 30,000 people. The USA has tested fewer than 500. The response we've chosen in the USA is bury our heads and try to prop up the stock market.

The US is definitely under-reporting. We aren't testing anyone and then saying we have no cases. Korea has tested over 30,000 people. The USA has tested fewer than 500. The response we've chosen in the USA is bury our heads and try to prop up the stock market.

This is unfortunately true. They haven't been testing. Sounds like the horse has been out of the barn for some time. That's that. You can't say we don't have the virus here if you haven't been testing for it. I found this just a few minutes ago, from NPR...

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has apparently resolved a problem that has hindered testing for the new coronavirus, NPR has learned.
There has been a bottleneck in testing for the coronavirus because of problems with the test kits the CDC has distributed to labs around the United States

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter