coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of tonight 3 /1/ 2020, I've never considered cancelling, nor the parks closing. I will not fall trap to the news hyped presumptions, yet!

Agree, my trip starts Friday and I am more nervous about flying than I am the virus. I will be calm while taking standard hand washing and sanitizing precautions and try to keep my wife from freaking out!

You know, we could totally be overreacting and just scared, but if you feel that it’s the right decision then hands down, it’s the right decision. WDW will be there when this thing passes. Why spend all that money and worry the whole time?

We only had a room only reservation so will get back our deposit. But flight cancellation fee will cost us $800 for the four of us. Now that Florida has declared a state of emergency, I am hoping the airline can do something about the fee since we will get refunded only in form of travel credit of up to one year (hoping this is all over by then, joking, but not really).

We are due to arrive on 4/6 after 3 days at Vero Beach. I am the one that always says "It won't happen to me" but this virus is getting a little too close for comfort. I didn't know there are now cases in Florida until I read this thread. I will be watching it closely. Lucky for us we drive and booked room only since we have AP so I can get all our money back. We can always book another vacation. Family first.

Woke up to the two Florida cases. We are booked for April and June. All on dvc points. I think I’m ready to cancel. The trips won’t be fun at this point. I have to try and rent out my points while there is still a market for them.

We leave in 2 weeks. I'm not even considering cancelling. We have another trip scheduled in June/July. If Disney is open, and I expect it will be, we will go. We have a cruise scheduled in October- same thing- if it's going so are we. I'm not judging what anyone else chooses to do, but while I do see a reason to stay up to date with how things are progressing, I see nothing right now that makes me nervous about going. This coming from someone who practically locks down 14 days before a trip to insure everyone stays healthy, but that's for colds and flu. We've been burned too many times getting sick right before a trip! But if there were something to be concerned about, Disney isn't shy about doing something. So until they say don't come, I'm coming!

We leave in 2 weeks. I'm not even considering cancelling. We have another trip scheduled in June/July. If Disney is open, and I expect it will be, we will go. We have a cruise scheduled in October- same thing- if it's going so are we. I'm not judging what anyone else chooses to do, but while I do see a reason to stay up to date with how things are progressing, I see nothing right now that makes me nervous about going. This coming from someone who practically locks down 14 days before a trip to insure everyone stays healthy, but that's for colds and flu. We've been burned too many times getting sick right before a trip! But if there were something to be concerned about, Disney isn't shy about doing something. So until they say don't come, I'm coming!
I think I’d be this way if dh wasn’t over fifty, with hypertension, asthma and history of pneumonia. I’m hoping we can keep him unaffected until they find a vaccine—a year and a half wait, most likely.

I think I’d be this way if dh wasn’t over fifty, with hypertension, asthma and history of pneumonia. I’m hoping we can keep him unaffected until they find a vaccine—a year and a half wait, most likely.
Yes, I wasn't referring to families that have underlying health issues. I'm well over 50, in the higher mortality rate group, but absolutely no underlying health issues. If I had them them, at least for the moment, I would be no more concerned than I would be under "normal" circumstances. I'd certainly be vigilant about watching the development though. I don't think Disney will be silent should risks increase.

If you wouldn't cancel because of flu, don't cancel because of this. Just wash your hands and practice good hygiene. It is overhyped by the media. The data right now reflect a lower death rate than H1N1 had at this stage of development, and the world didn't shut down for that. No one cancelled over MERS or SARS, and those outbreaks were very similar.

The disease just isn't well understood yet. They will figure it out like they did with the flu/measles/chicken pox. Soon it will have a vaccine and everyone will go back to being anti-vaccination not realizing the effects that could potentially cause.
From what they gather it's an upper respiratory system virus so it can be dangerous for those who are elderly, very young, and have compromised systems already. What turns deadly in the few is the pneumonia developed and not enough breathing tubes to go around for that. That seems to be the case in China so far but they also have poorer lung systems due to the heavy pollution in the air and the overcrowding. Here in the states we have far more area spread out so it'll probably hit major cities but our healthcare should be able to cover it

If you wouldn't cancel because of flu, don't cancel because of this. Just wash your hands and practice good hygiene. It is overhyped by the media. The data right now reflect a lower death rate than H1N1 had at this stage of development, and the world didn't shut down for that. No one cancelled over MERS or SARS, and those outbreaks were very similar.
I flip flop literally hour by hour. Dh said this morning that the cat’s out of the bag—this will circulate just like flu and nothing to be done except be careful. Does that mean we go? Very ambivalent feelings. But it’s here in Toronto and climbing fast. Soon going to work, school, the grocery store will carry risk, just like travel. I don’t intend to stop those activities, why should I stop a trip that’s planned? Wish someone could just tell me what to do sometimes.

I flip flop literally hour by hour. Dh said this morning that the cat’s out of the bag—this will circulate just like flu and nothing to be done except be careful. Does that mean we go? Very ambivalent feelings. But it’s here in Toronto and climbing fast. Soon going to work, school, the grocery store will carry risk, just like travel. I don’t intend to stop those activities, why should I stop a trip that’s planned? Wish someone could just tell me what to do sometimes.
Just keep hands washed and clean at all times. Do your absolute best to not touch your mouth, nose, and eyes as that's how virus get into the mucus membranes and make sure you don't touch door knobs in the bathroom directly so use a paper towel. I keep pretty healthy through out the year this way

THIS!

I'm flying to Europe a week from Saturday and I'm getting more and more nervous while my husband is very blase about the whole thing. I'm also flip-flopping between going and not going by the hour.

50 days out from our trip. What was going to be an exciting family trip to celebrate my retirement becomes more worrisome every day.
Booked at the resort we want, got a decent discount, all the FP+ I wanted at great times. reasonable airfare.

Not cancelling now,watching and waiting. more concerned about Delta than Disney as far as if we did have to cancel or modify our dates.

We are all in good health but my DSIL and one DGD have asthma.

probably the same around the country as here in MA: no hand sanitizer to be found (price gouging in Amazon), shortage of anti bacterial hand soap, Lysol wipes. My daughter was at Target yesterday, bottled water low and canned goods.

probably the same around the country as here in MA: no hand sanitizer to be found (price gouging in Amazon), shortage of anti bacterial hand soap, Lysol wipes. My daughter was at Target yesterday, bottled water low and canned goods.

This is so surprising to me because I was out doing regular shopping over the weekend, went to three different stores and didn't see anything that was in low supply at all. Apparently folks in my area are either very calm about the whole situation or we're a bunch of slackers. 😉

Mind you, the stores were ridiculously crowded, as they always are on a weekend afternoon around here, but they all seemed to buying their normal stuff---except for the folks right in front of me who were buying nothing but dozens and dozens of 2 liter bottles of some sort of beverage---so I'm thinking that wasn't virus related. 😉

50 days out from our trip. What was going to be an exciting family trip to celebrate my retirement becomes more worrisome every day.
Booked at the resort we want, got a decent discount, all the FP+ I wanted at great times. reasonable airfare.

Not cancelling now,watching and waiting. more concerned about Delta than Disney as far as if we did have to cancel or modify our dates.

We are all in good health but my DSIL and one DGD have asthma.

Not here. No issues getting any of that.

Someone I know was traveling on one of the cruise ships that were affected here. They tested positive and were quarantined for quite a while, but never got actually sick or had any symptoms. Not sure whether to think this is good that they were healthy middle aged person that had no symptoms, or if that is scary in that if not tested they could have affected others. I don't know. I think this illness from what I read, is much more dangerous to elderly, a study I saw 15% stronger than flu for elderly as far as morbidity rate or those immune compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter