Crazy things you've heard people say about Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It's no worse than the flu".

When people say that, aside from it being crazy, I have to wonder if they've ever actually had the actual flu? Like taken a flu test and confirmed. I have had the actual flu twice in my life and both time I thought to myself "this is how I die". It suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. I couldn't breathe. I was so weak I couldn't even roll over. Every part of my body hurt. My HAIR hurt. All I could do was lay there on the couch and moan. My dog was whining to go outside and I was home alone. I somehow managed to get off the couch...the backdoor was about 15' away from the couch. Next thing I knew, I was on my knees clutching the door knob. I had passed out, crawled to the door and dragged myself somewhat upright via the knob. I don't remember crawling to the door...or back to the couch...or calling DH at work crying for him to come home.

If it's even kind of a chance of being like that, no freakin' thank you.

Yes the flu makes me feel like the room is spinning. I cannot move. It makes me feel like I will never be normal again.

The thing is, there are rapid tests and Tamiflu and a vaccine. We don’t have any of that for Covid. That’s why the flu comparison makes me livid.

"Theoretically, you should protect all the mucosal surfaces. So if you have goggles or an eye shield you should use it."
Dr. Anthony Fauci - July 2020

Does that not sound like "urging" or "telling people to do it"? Sounds like it to me.
:confused3 Neither. It sounds like the suggestion it is.
So which of the Lord Fauci quotes have been incorrect? NONE. His advice has either been incompetent or intentionally misleading at every turn. Yet we all still bow to him and his recommendations. Now that is CRAZY!
Crazy is refusing to continue to learn - from experts, from others, from experience, from additional information...
So are you saying because it was in February it was ok for him to be wrong or intentionally lie to us? Thats like the weather person on TV telling us there is a 90% chance of rain after it rains. This is the supposedly "go to guy" in the US for this stuff. That's a pretty big mistake don't you think?
Because the entire world knew so little in February about the novel coronavirus, it's not only okay to provide information that was later determined to be less effective, it's completely understandable.
I've read his excuses. Funny, he was photographed wearing his mask below his nose while walking around. Heck, the picture in the story shows him laughing holding his phone. Do we get hydration from cell phones now?
If only he'd had a bottle of water adjacent while sitting in proximity to his wife and a close associate, both masked...And if only he'd been very recently (and regularly) tested...

"I don't regret anything I said then because in the context of the time in which I said it, it was correct. We were told in our task force meetings that we have a serious problem with the lack of PPEs and masks for the health providers who are putting themselves in harm's way every day to take care of sick people,"

So in other words he just admitted he intentionally misled us in order to help medical personnel stockpile PPE. Not really admitting he was wrong huh?

I know, LOL. I'm convinced we are in some sort of stranger things upside down world. I honestly can't believe this witch doctor has such high approval ratings.

"Theoretically, you should protect all the mucosal surfaces. So if you have goggles or an eye shield you should use it."

Does that not sound like "urging" or "telling people to do it"? Sounds like it to me.

I thought this was the thread you go to when you have heard people say crazy things about COVID not to actually SAY them.
But now I guess it’s both 🤷‍♀️

I think she said the witches and demons are having night time sex with people, alien DNA is used in medical treatments and the government is not run by humans, but rather, reptilians. Other than that, don't know much about her.

Other than that do we really need to know more?

I have another one to add:

“if you were sick with a cough in November of 2019 and it took a week or more to go away...you’ve already had it. Copy and paste if you agree”

at this point i usually don’t even read full posts I just look at the last line and if it says “copy and paste” or “share if you agree” I’m out. And mentally adding them to my ever growing list of whackadoo’s.

I know that a lot of people who are very devout in certain religions hold this belief. It was just pretty surprising to hear my neighbor speak so openly and plainly about it when I don't really know her very well. I figured that this is something that you'd share with someone closer to you...like a friend or a relative. Not your next door neighbor who you mostly say hi to on your way to the mailbox! I just nodded and said, "Oh, ok."
My husband’s sister’s MIL who he met twice used to call him every couple of years telling him it was the end of days.

So are you saying because it was in February it was ok for him to be wrong or intentionally lie to us? Thats like the weather person on TV telling us there is a 90% chance of rain after it rains. This is the supposedly "go to guy" in the US for this stuff. That's a pretty big mistake don't you think?
Do you happen to know any scientists? I’m going to say that’s a hard no.

The "doctor" Immanuel also says they're developing a vaccine to keep people from being religious.

Yay! I won't be needing that vaccine since I'm already immune to "religion".

What was the context? Who asked him the question, in what capacity?

So which of the Lord Fauci quotes have been incorrect? NONE. His advice has either been incompetent or intentionally misleading at every turn. Yet we all still bow to him and his recommendations. Now that is CRAZY!

The above quote should be added to the crazy list, IMO.

How about the craziest things we have seen?

Dr. Anthony Fauci sitting at a baseball game elbow to elbow with two other people with no mask or goggles!
July 23, 2020

Someone else already slam-dunked this one into the trash, but nice try.

How about the craziest things we have seen?

Dr. Anthony Fauci sitting at a baseball game elbow to elbow with two other people with no mask or goggles!
July 23, 2020

I still can't figure out why Fauci and Brix weren't put in charge of COVID response instead of the labradoodle breeder. If that was done the polls would be a mirror image of what they are today.

I've heard a lot of crazy things about Covid-19 but this weekend while channel surfing I stopped on CNN and OMG! These people are crazy! I won't get into what they were saying since it would be against the DIS rules about politics but holy cow if people are actually watching them and believing them, we are all in trouble!

I've heard a lot of crazy things about Covid-19 but this weekend while channel surfing I stopped on CNN and OMG! These people are crazy! I won't get into what they were saying since it would be against the DIS rules about politics but holy cow if people are actually watching them and believing them, we are all in trouble!

My best friend watches CNN non-stop. She’s working from home still and has it on all day and is constantly texting me the latest gloom and doom. I feel for her. She lives alone in the Boston area, and I think has left her house once since March. Her parents live here in Wisconsin, and she usually makes a trip home 3-4 times a year, in addition to tons of travel for work and with friends, so she’s definitely not used to staying in place like this. She just seems so scared, I worry for her mental health. She says she’s fine....but man, take a break from CNN and put on a comedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter