Crazy things you've heard people say about Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already stated my opinion. No need to step & repeat. What you should also understand is I'm not alone on this by a long shot & fortunately more companies like Trader Joe's are standing up as well.

Trader Joe’s will not be changing label names called racist. Petition had asked the grocer to retire names like ‘Trader Jose,’ ‘Trader Ming’ - “We want to be clear: we disagree that any of these labels are racist,” the popular grocery chain said in a statement posted on its website. It added, “We do not make decisions based on petitions.”

Disappointed with Trader Joe's myself. Won't be purchasing the products with the stereotypical names. But you didnt anser my question, so do you know what kung means?

I'm Asian. I love it when people tell me what I should be offended by.

I find it curious that you label yourself after a continent and not a country. I guess it makes more sense. Then everyone born in North America can be called North American, etc. It makes for less divisiveness.

That's okay. Others are willing to speak up on behalf of those who choose not to speak for themselves for whatever reason.

Thank God for social media warriors like yourself who are able to tell people that they speak on my behalf and then also tell me how to feel.

I’ll tell you what I do know. I was adopted by two loving people who became my parents and as a result I've had more opportunities in this country than what I would have received otherwise.

There are racists in every country and you are never going to eliminate every single one. So you can choose to be happy or you can choose to seek out the next thing that will ruin your day.

I find it curious that you label yourself after a continent and not a country. I guess it makes more sense. Then everyone born in North America can be called North American, etc. It makes for less divisiveness.

I have had my fair share of people who have disliked me. There are very few that did so based on race. The overwhelming majority of the people who didn’t/don’t like me have their reasons and that’s okay - I certainly don’t like everyone I come across. But I hope they too realize that isn’t because of their race or gender but rather because I actually find them to be annoying individuals.

Last edited:
Disappointed with Trader Joe's myself. Won't be purchasing the products with the stereotypical names. But you didnt anser my question, so do you know what kung means?

Woohoo! I'm an American now? Wait, that would make all the Mexicans American, too.

Okay, sorry. Kung Flu or Wu Flu - its not only derogatory, it's used as a political means to blame China for this virus, as if someone is getting ready to sue them for damages. It's not like the "Spanish Flu", which was just named after the place that identified it (but actually, research was done and it started in the U.S and was spread by WWI G.I.s). It's the fact that not calling it by it's proper name is done for a specific reason, not just because it's trendy or catchy. It's done to antagonize and make political points.

In that light, objecting to it isn't "politically correct", it's calling out a ploy to place blame where it doesn't belong for the sole purpose of gaining advantage, both over political adversaries and in the economic war with China. By using those terms, you are propagating dissension, which will end up harming the U.S.

Seriously, who would want to be labeled American right now? It's not a pretty picture. For now.

From what I've seen many of those from Asian countries call themselves Asian. That's their decision of course and frankly why does it matter to anyone else?

Typical liberal nonsense.... Chinese coronavirus, Wuhan virus directly refers origin of the virus. The virus literally started in Wuhan, China! My personal favorite however is Kung Flu (very clever play on words!)
:rotfl2:

This in response to someone asking for information on who to contact for mask compliance issues on Nextdoor: "Yup! You can call the team little hitlers!! It’s so crazy that people are reporting others. This is America not China!"

I can understand on a personal level not getting involved with reporting non-compliance it's the comparison to China because the response is nowhere near the same as it was there that is being done here it's just a way for people to bully those into not saying anything at all. It's one thing to disagree with reporting it's another to go there. But most definitely the Hitler reference geez people.
--------------------------------------------

Another one: "Stop reporting on your neighbors. You aren’t Soviets. Grow up and let people lead their own lives."

Along the same lines as the above..geez people

--------------------------------------------

"I saw a study that showed that wearing a mask put you at risk of getting a brain infection that will almost definitely kill you!Because the "droplets" that normally would just go out of your body naturally when you breath instead bounce off the mast and go up your nose then in to a track that lead straight to your brain! Not to mention that I can't breath right in them or see because they fog up my glasses...so,I guess if I have to go somewhere,I will be banging into people and say..hey,I have to wear this blinding contraction..."

I wish that person was just being sarcastic..but nope they were dead serious.

Woohoo! I'm an American now? Wait, that would make all the Mexicans American, too.

Okay, sorry. Kung Flu or Wu Flu - its not only derogatory, it's used as a political means to blame China for this virus, as if someone is getting ready to sue them for damages. It's not like the "Spanish Flu", which was just named after the place that identified it (but actually, research was done and it started in the U.S and was spread by WWI G.I.s). It's the fact that not calling it by it's proper name is done for a specific reason, not just because it's trendy or catchy. It's done to antagonize and make political points.

In that light, objecting to it isn't "politically correct", it's calling out a ploy to place blame where it doesn't belong for the sole purpose of gaining advantage, both over political adversaries and in the economic war with China. By using those terms, you are propagating dissension, which will end up harming the U.S.
Where did the virus come from?

Where did the virus come from?
Why does it matter? It was no longer a Chinese virus, when it became a worldwide pandemic. Blaming it on China is an obvious attempt to deflect blame from our governments failure to establish a national response to protect our citizens. We had ample notice. It's not like China hid it from the rest of the world. US politicians are responsible for our current Covid-19 situation not China.

Last edited:
Why does it matter? It was no longer a Chinese virus, when it became a worldwide pandemic. Blaming it on China is an obvious attempt to deflect blame from our governments failure to establish a national response to protect our citizens. We had ample notice. It's not like China hid it from the rest of the world. US politicians are responsible for our current Covid-19 situation not China.
I just asked where it came from and it does matter. If I cultured a virus and it got out and infected millions would I be responsible? or not.

I just asked where it came from and it does matter. If I cultured a virus and it got out and infected millions would I be responsible? or not.
If you cultured a virus to target certain people, you would absolutely be responsible. If a natural virus started on your property & you warned everyone about it, you wouldn't be responsible for people ignoring your warning & downplaying the virus, until it was too late.

If you cultured a virus to target certain people, you would absolutely be responsible. If a natural virus started on your property & you warned everyone about it, you wouldn't be responsible for people ignoring your warning & downplaying the virus, until it was too late.
so you can't tell me where it came from can you.

so you can't tell me where it came from can you.
I didn't say anything similar to that. Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock knows where it came from. That doesn't mean they're to blame for the situation in the US. We had plenty of warning & could have been prepared, if it had been taken more seriously as soon as we were warned. Instead, it was downplayed from the beginning & still is by some.

Here's the Official Timeline -

December 31
Health officials in Wuhan, China, post a notice that says they’re investigating a pneumonia outbreak that is spreading in their city. The World Health Organization (WHO) acknowledges that it “was informed of a cluster of cases of pneumonia of unknown cause.”

OFFICIAL US ACTIONS
January 8
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) publishes a health advisoryregarding the “pneumonia of unknown etiology” that appears to have originated in Wuhan.

OFFICIAL US ACTIONS
January 17
The CDC dispatches more than 100 staffers to three US airports to screen passengers arriving from Wuhan, a highly unusual step only taken during major health crises.

OFFICIAL US ACTIONS
January 21
Dr. Nancy Messonnier, a senior CDC official handling the response to respiratory diseases, tells reporters, “We do expect additional cases in the United States and globally.”

TRUMP COMMENTS
January 22
At the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Trump says he isn’t worried that the outbreak could turn into a global pandemic, and said he is confident that China is being transparent about the number of cases. “We have it totally under control,” Trump told CNBC. “It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

OFFICIAL US ACTIONS
January 23
CDC advisers tell CNN they are concerned that Chinese health officials haven’t released basic epidemiological data about the virus, making it more difficult to contain the outbreak. Questions remain about how quickly people with the infection become contagious.

TRUMP COMMENTS
January 24
Senior officials from the CDC brief senators about the latest developments about the virus. Later, Trump posts his first tweet about the coronavirus. He praises the Chinese government for its “transparency” handling the outbreak and says, “it will all work out well.”

FOREIGN DEVELOPMENTS
January 25
The WHO says there are more than 1,000 confirmed cases worldwide.

FOREIGN DEVELOPMENTS
January 26
Chinese government health officials reveal for the first time that people who are infected with the coronavirus can spread the disease before they are showing any symptoms.

OFFICIAL US ACTIONS
January 29
The White House announces a coronavirus task force, which is led by Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar and is being coordinated through the National Security Council. Trump attend a meeting of the task force and tweeted that the experts “are on top of it.”

FOREIGN DEVELOPMENTS
January 30
The World Health Organization declares a public health emergency of international concern. The State Department announces a “do not travel” warning for China due to the virus.

OFFICIAL US ACTIONS
January 31
The Trump administration declares a public health emergency in the United States because of the coronavirus and blocks foreigners who visited China from entering the country. (In the following weeks, Trump complained that he didn’t get enough credit for this decision, which he claimed was a turning point in preventing a large-scale outbreak in the United States.)

I didn't say anything similar to that. Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock knows where it came from. That doesn't mean they're to blame for the situation in the US. We had plenty of warning & could have been prepared, if it had been taken more seriously as soon as we were warned. Instead, it was downplayed from the beginning & still is by some.
I'm not trying to argue with you. I really want to know the facts. So who is to blame for the virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter