Crazy things you've heard people say about Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it matter? It was no longer a Chinese virus, when it became a worldwide pandemic. Blaming it on China is an obvious attempt to deflect blame from our governments failure to establish a national response to protect our citizens. We had ample notice. It's not like China hid it from the rest of the world. US politicians are responsible for our current Covid-19 situation not China.
You believe China warned everybody? bwahahahahahahahha

You believe China warned everybody? bwahahahahahahahha
I was following it in the UK on non-main stream news websites from very early January. That's when I started stocking up on food supplies.

If China were supposedly hiding the news they didn't do a very good job of it.

It was very clear by early Feb it would be a pandemic. I've no idea how the WHO can justify not declaring it as such until mid march.

So back on topic... large areas of UK suddenly had new restrictions imposed over the weekend including ban on meeting in other peoples homes again.

How is that on topic you ask? Well yesterday was also the launch of our new "Eat Out to Help Out" scheme which went ahead in those areas.

So you can no longer go into a family members house, but you are encouraged (gov is paying some of the cost!) to eat out inside in busy restaurants or bars

Restaurants should be limiting numbers on who is eating on premises and social distancing people. The one I ate in last night did a great job at this, werent even allowed to bar. All orders were taken from table. Each booth had screens between them

There ya go. You wanna see something really eye opening? Just google the Chinese wet markets and select videos. I refuse to watch any videos again as the one I watched actually brought tears to my eyes. A couple pointed out a beautiful Lab puppy and the store clerk picked it up and sliced its neck open. It then laid the still alive puppy on a table and began butchering it. Alive. These are some sick sick people. They eat bats, rats, spiders, cats and dogs. The video gave me nightmares and that poor lab puppy will haunt me forever.

Have you ever seen what we do to cows, pigs and chickens in the USA? I’ve watched the videos and they are just as bad, if not worse, than the Chinese were markets.

It was very clear by early Feb it would be a pandemic. I've no idea how the WHO can justify not declaring it as such until mid march.

Very clear by early February? Maybe in hindsight, but it even fooled the "expert" Dr. Fauci who was saying we had nothing to worry about and not to wear masks (even deep into March). You had prominent politicians on the left encouraging people to go out to festivals and stuff. I only mention these left politicians because some are trying to blame the current administration.

The WHO was obviously trying to cover for China.

Restaurants should be limiting numbers on who is eating on premises and social distancing people. The one I ate in last night did a great job at this, werent even allowed to bar. All orders were taken from table. Each booth had screens between them
Sorry but thats not enough.

More and more epidemiologists are agreeing the virus lingers in the air several hours. Not ideal in areas like shops and theme park queue areas but at least people are constantly moving through potentially patches of air containing the virus but and of course people have masks on. In restaurants and bars the air moves less, you are sat still for at least an hour usually, potentially taking on a much higher viral load over time, and you're not wearing a mask.

Very clear by early February? Maybe in hindsight, but it even fooled the "expert" Dr. Fauci who was saying we had nothing to worry about and not to wear masks (even deep into March). You had prominent politicians on the left encouraging people to go out to festivals and stuff. I only mention these left politicians because some are trying to blame the current administration.

Didn't someone post in here earlier that Fauci opinion on masks early on was influenced by the political issue if gov not being able to secure enough PPE for medical professionals?

We had the exact seem issue in the UK. Government constantly telling us the "science" didn't support PPE yet as PPE availability increased coincidentally the "science" changed. Science in this crisis seems nothing more than a code word for politics.

Didn't someone post in here earlier that Fauci opinion on masks early on was influenced by the political issue if gov not being able to secure enough PPE for medical professionals?

Yes, in my opinion he absolutely helped mislead the public about masks. Either he intentionally misled or he is incompetent.

There was a similarly themed movie called "They Live" in the 80s--a classic, starring Rowdy Roddy Piper of all people...

I Remember that one also, "I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick a$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum." That seen is my all-time favorite movie scene.

I Remember that one also, "I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick a$$, and I'm all out of bubble gum." That seen is my all-time favorite movie scene.
Yes! Or "I'm giving you a choice. Either put on these glasses or start eating that trash can," followed by a crazy fight scene.

I didn't say anything similar to that. Anyone who hasn't been living under a rock knows where it came from. That doesn't mean they're to blame for the situation in the US. We had plenty of warning & could have been prepared, if it had been taken more seriously as soon as we were warned. Instead, it was downplayed from the beginning & still is by some.
Nope, you have a very selective memory or weak knowledge base of this.
It is being downplayed now because of people choosing to be ignorant. The government can't fix that.

What did you do when you were in charge of a pandemic?

Nope, you have a very selective memory or weak knowledge base of this.
It is being downplayed now because of people choosing to be ignorant. The government can't fix that.

What did you do when you were in charge of a pandemic?

Found 2 more examples....

You guys are killing me with these side splitters..

"Theoretically, you should protect all the mucosal surfaces. So if you have goggles or an eye shield you should use it."
Dr. Anthony Fauci - July 2020

Does that not sound like "urging" or "telling people to do it"? Sounds like it to me.
Lol. It's like bill Clinton asking the definition of is.

Last week I was working with a childhood friend that I have much respect for even though we openly see some things differently.

He said with confidence, "Watch. After the election this whole covid thing will magically go away." My sister has heard the same statement incessantly for months from a co-worker (this one is the token office slacker).

Beside all the gaping holes originally pointed out around the quote, I'm now curious what the rationale would be for pushing the election to a later date, especially by the supposed target. Who'd want to postpone the magical disappearance of Covid and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter