Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mind if I ask what is your check in date? we check in on Tuesday, Nov 24 and it's not letting me book dining rezzies yet. I am thinking it will open up for us tomorrow but just want to be sure. TIA

not at all - it's the 23rd for us.

Received confirmation emails for our December split stay. I wasn't aware WDW was still doing them. Looks like they're asking people to confirm by a month out from arrival. Language:
Please confirm your vacation plans below:
  • I’m still planning on coming
    • If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates, we can help modify your Disney Resort hotel assignment. Click here for the current listing of Disney Resort hotels that are open.
    • Once selecting to confirm, we will validate your selection and provide next steps.
    • Disney Vacation Club Members who booked a Disney Vacation Club Resort will be confirmed after making this selection.
  • I’m planning on modifying my reservation
    • If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates, we can help modify your Disney Resort hotel reservation. And if you have a room and theme park ticket package, we can help modify that, too.
    • After choosing this option, we will validate your selection then provide next steps.
  • I’m planning on cancelling my reservation
    • Please note, additional action will be required to cancel your reservation online.
    • After choosing this option we will validate your selection then provide next steps.

I arrive Nov. 23 and received an email stating the Magic Is Waiting for You and outlined all of the precautions that are being taken. (First time I've received a Disney email this whole time! - it's the little things that cause excitement lol) I never received one requesting confirmation - could it be because I did online check in already?

Do you mind if I ask what is your check in date? we check in on Tuesday, Nov 24 and it's not letting me book dining rezzies yet. I am thinking it will open up for us tomorrow but just want to be sure. TIA

Your date is tomorrow. We arrive 11/23 and I made mine this morning.

I arrive Nov. 23 and received an email stating the Magic Is Waiting for You and outlined all of the precautions that are being taken. (First time I've received a Disney email this whole time! - it's the little things that cause excitement lol) I never received one requesting confirmation - could it be because I did online check in already?

So I was booked at POP all along and never received an email, but yesterday switched to AOA and right away this morning I received the email to CONFIRM my plans. Our dates are NOV 8-17.

Did the restaurants starting walk up waiting list take away from ADRs? I can not get a dinner reservation for Le Cellier at all now and before they implemented walk up waiting I was able to get one pretty easily like days out.

Received confirmation emails for our December split stay. I wasn't aware WDW was still doing them. Looks like they're asking people to confirm by a month out from arrival. Language:
    • If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates, we can help modify your Disney Resort hotel assignment. Click here for the current listing of Disney Resort hotels that are open.
    • Once selecting to confirm, we will validate your selection and provide next steps.
    • Disney Vacation Club Members who booked a Disney Vacation Club Resort will be confirmed after making this selection.
    • If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates, we can help modify your Disney Resort hotel reservation. And if you have a room and theme park ticket package, we can help modify that, too.
    • After choosing this option, we will validate your selection then provide next steps.
    • Please note, additional action will be required to cancel your reservation online.
    • After choosing this option we will validate your selection then provide next steps.

I got one of these today too. I’m scheduled to check in 12/28 to a closed resort lol

My understanding is these are going out to 11/6-12/31 reservations made prior to 6/5 that haven’t already been modified.

I haven't done online check-in yet so not sure it's tied to that. Perhaps holiday reservations are picking up and they need to consider reopening certain attractions/dining/resorts if the majority of reservations on the books are planning to come? That or this is standard. I remember it happening in the summer trips but haven't heard anything recently.

I got the email today for my visit 11/14. I did online checkin but I am not sure if that is related to getting the email.

The largest risk to getting COVID is long exposure to confined spaces. Flying is probably your biggest risk when doing a WDW trip (in my non-professional opinion). I'd probably feel safe at a resort and walking around parks. Some rides would probably a no go for me.
And restaurants are a definite no for me.

someone asked further up if masks were enough - yes I think they are! But only if they're worn 24/7 - which no one can do.

Update re: Chefs de France. Nobody I’ve talked to seems to know anything about a potential reopening. That doesn’t mean it’s not. Since it’s a third party restaurant, most CMs/managers wouldn’t know about its reopening probably until a few days before at most. That said, that also makes an opening tomorrow unlikely. I also see Disney has removed the general hours until 10/8, which makes me believe that’s the reopening date. A reopen two weeks from now probably wouldn’t start “getting around” until later next week, so it appears that Chefs de France may be reopening Thursday, October 8!

250.00 per person for these covid tests. For our family it would be an extra 1250.00 to fly on an airplane. 2500.00 round trip. Hopefully it doesn’t happen or is short term.

I'm not sure you have to take it.

For those who are on the fence about traveling with quarantine's in place, this (if successful) can allow people to bypass quarantines upon arrival (such as Hawaii).

Travelers will have to take the test within 72 hours before their flight arrives in the islands in order to bypass the state's strictly enforced 14-day quarantine. Both tests will allow travelers to satisfy the 72-hour window required by Hawaii's new testing program.

Great thanks, I thought so but wasn't positive. YAY

Quick question with the reopening of GF. We have never stayed there, why is the outer building the only building that is available to book? Is the main building not open currently to guests?

I don't know if it really is pent up demand. Maybe for locals and AP holders. Resort are still aren't full and they only reason the resort bucket is full is they have taken many their spots and given it to AP holders and CM's. While it's good that people are returning, I think the reason for higher attendance right now is no one is blacked out right now and CM's are allowed back in the parks. There is a reason it's busy on weekends and not so much weekdays.
Not only are resorts not full, many of them are still closed!

If the parks are this busy with the resorts in their current state does that mean resorts are always that low on occupancy this time of year? Makes me wonder if disney may consider making some seasonal permanently.

Small news today out of Governor of Florida's press conference.

Disney was mentioned and talked about for minute or 2. Basically, Disney has put these limitations on themselves, and the Governor said he is all for Disney adding more capacity whenever they want.

I believe he has said this before but he is again now saying it.

Very different situation than California for sure.

Quick question with the reopening of GF. We have never stayed there, why is the outer building the only building that is available to book? Is the main building not open currently to guests?
The main building is indeed open to Guests. Most of the restaurant and shopping facilities are there as well as Check-In. The Main Building rooms are not available to book at the moment because they are all club level (known as the Royal Palm Club). GF is unique in that it has two CLs: Sugar Loaf in an outer building and RPC in the main building). Since CL is not available right now, those rooms are not open for booking. Rest assured though that the Main Building is open and the resort is (mostly) back in all its glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter