Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I will say I am happy to see Universal has a plan to reopen. I am hoping that the plans they put in place are enforced. That's all that matters for me to go back to the park.

They only comment I have to say about all of this is I don't understand why so many of you look down on other parks? :(

this is one of those things that someone says and then it blows up. Currently Disney is paying $13 entry level with the union guaranteeing the pay will go up to $15 next year.
Entry level at Publix? $10, any fast food place? $9.5

I’m not up on the debates (well, aside from masks). 😂 I can edit if it’s going to go off the rails.

I guess I just think people deserve more.

Its all irrelevant because Disney is not going to wait much longer to open. Unless you have money on a certain date in the far future, the writing is on the wall that theyre not going to be very far behind Universal.
Exactly. Even though they are very different parks, I've been going to both of these my entire life, and often. They always run on a parallel to each other, without wild deviations from each other. People are laughing that I say Disney will be a week after Universal, but I'd be surprised if their openings aren't close in dates.

First I will say I am happy to see Universal has a plan to reopen. I am hoping that the plans they put in place are enforced. That's all that matters for me to go back to the park.

They only comment I have to say about all of this is I don't understand why so many of you look down on other parks? :(

I don’t look down, they’re just not Disney. If I want a Disney vacation there’s no substitute. Not at another park, and not any other vacation for that matter. Disney is more than just the rides and the parks. Don’t make me start getting all emotional and talking about the feels 😂.

If I want to spend a day or two at an amusement park and hit up some really fun rides the others have their appeal too.

Other question is, I didn't see it asked yet, is Universal going to use a reservation system for their opening to either APs or the public? Or just show up and come in until capacity is reached (whatever that may be)?

Exactly. Even though they are very different parks, I've been going to both of these my entire life, and often. They always run on a parallel to each other, without wild deviations from each other. People are laughing that I say Disney will be a week after Universal, but I'd be surprised if their openings aren't close in dates.

There seems to be an agenda from a select few that have stated late summer, early 2021 reopening dates that there will never be enough evidence that Disney will open up before their predicted dates.

If Disney announced an opening date of June 15th tomorrow there would be people here that would say “I dont believe them. Something will go wrong that they’ll be forced to push it back to the date I predicted”

I don't look down on the other parks, and not many others do - the other parks just don't offer what Disney does, IMO. I don't think most people go to Disney for their thrill rides, which is where other parks excel.

Personally, I go because I do enjoy the rides myself (I don't really like thrill rides much), I enjoy Disney IP, and I feel like they offer a good mix of entertainment, leisure and food options. I haven't found any amusement or theme park that captures the same sensation of child-like novelty that Disney does. It doesn't mean I think Six Flags, Cedar Fair, or even Universal are lesser. They just cater to a different preference than my own. Some people are into that, some aren't. And that's okay!

I don't look down on the other parks, and not many others do - the other parks just don't offer what Disney does. I don't think most people go to Disney for their thrill rides, which is where other parks excel.

Personally, I go because I do enjoy the rides myself (I don't really like thrill rides much), I enjoy Disney IP, and I feel like they offer a good mix of entertainment, leisure and food options. I haven't found any amusement or theme park that captures the same sensation of child-like novelty that Disney does. It doesn't mean I think Six Flags, Cedar Fair, or even Universal or lesser. They just cater to a different preference than my own. Some people are into that, some aren't. And that's okay!

People have a preference. I dont know why thats being misconstrued as looking down on the other park(s). I havent seen anyone say “Universal sucks, and here’s why”. I prefer being on Disney property for an elongated trip. But Halloween Horror Nights is on of my most looked forward to things of the entire year.

this is one of those things that someone says and then it blows up. Currently Disney is paying $13 entry level with the union guaranteeing the pay will go up to $15 next year.
Entry level at Publix? $10, any fast food place? $9.5
Not only that CM are now able to go to college on Disney's pocket. My DD is getting her AA (she's 19) and can continue with higher learning and Disney through the Aspire program pays for her tuition and books. They also get really good health insurance benefits
Not saying the pay can't be better, but it is definitely higher than most entry level positions
Actually entry level at Publix is $12.50

I don't look down on the other parks, and not many others do - the other parks just don't offer what Disney does. I don't think most people go to Disney for their thrill rides, which is where other parks excel.

Personally, I go because I do enjoy the rides myself (I don't really like thrill rides much), I enjoy Disney IP, and I feel like they offer a good mix of entertainment, leisure and food options. I haven't found any amusement or theme park that captures the same sensation of child-like novelty that Disney does. It doesn't mean I think Six Flags, Cedar Fair, or even Universal or lesser. They just cater to a different preference than my own. Some people are into that, some aren't. And that's okay!
That I understand and to each their own. I travel the country just to ride roller coasters every summer. For me child-like novelty doesn't do much. What I was getting at by looking down in other parks is the offhand jabs at Universal. Its fine if you don't like the park but you don't to take jabs at them.

Anyone else think it's safe to assume that Disney will be using the virtual queue for the majority of their larger (most popular) attractions once they reopen? I skimmed it, but I believe that's the Universal plan right now

That I understand and to each their own. I travel the country just to ride roller coasters every summer. For me child-like novelty doesn't do much. What I was getting at by looking down in other parks is the offhand jabs at Universal. Its fine if you don't like the park but you don't to take jabs at them.

I see more jabs from Disney fans at Disney, tbh.

I see more jabs from Disney fans at Disney, tbh.
At this time they deserve the jabs about how they are handling this.

The reason I like Universal more is the lack of planning and being able to ride multiple attractions in the same day. The last time I was there I rode the Mummy about 10 times in one day. Disney you're lucky to ride some attractions once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter