Current Ship Staff & Movies

Oh my gosh I"m so jealous right now!! I've never done 2 that close together! ugh lol

Last year we did the Dream on September 16th (3 night) got back on Monday and then on the Fantasy on that Saturday. :) Not exactly a back to back, but as close as we have made it so far.

Honestly, we don't have much interaction with the Cruise Director, but from what we saw of him he was really good. I don't know if they do the same spiel each cruise but when him and Matt explained the tender process on the Good Morning show on tv, they had me cracking up (each time I saw it, LOL). Also, My DH wanted to give him some feedback about a performer on the cruise and he was very approachable and took the time to listen. Nice guy with a good sense of humor. :)

As for making this a sticky, I actually think of that every time it pops back up,but of course we try to not have too many stickies overtake the board. Let me talk to Aquadame and see what we can work out. :thumbsup2

Good deal, yeah for me having a good cruise director is key :) I can't wait. 16 days out and this will be our first 7 night and first time on any other ship but the Dream.

And I agree, some boards def. have too many stickies. Just see these questions come up over and over again so thought it might be useful and might also help it stay updated from people more. Thanks a bunch!

Oh cool, Peter is one of the ones I like. He was very approachable and he also wore a pirate costume on pirate night (which I hadn't seen any other CD's do before).

That is interesting, on all of our DCL cruises (5 of 8) with a Pirate Night, the Cruise Director has always dressed up.

Oh cool, Peter is one of the ones I like. He was very approachable and he also wore a pirate costume on pirate night (which I hadn't seen any other CD's do before).

Peter is fantastic. Had him on 2 cruises

Yes, we love Peter. I spoke with him a few nights ago and let him know he was CD on our very first DCL cruise on the Magic back in 2012, very approachable and engaging. I told him we have the best pic of him and one of my daughters on Pirate night; we took it bc their "fancy buccaneer" Pirate outfits matched nicely.

Fantasy 8/5-8/12 Western Caribbean

Captain: Fabian Dib

Cruise Director: Mike
Assistant Cruise Director: Matt

Club Host Deano
Cruise Staff: Chelsea, Deirdre, Raf, Maxx, Julia, Jessie, Jay, Caitlin (Bingo), Steven, Karis, Mallory, Mars

Variety Act: Shawn Farquhar, Taylor Mason,The Great Dubois, Karen Jacobsen
(our favorite however was not a featured act, just a guitar player in the lounges, Tom Satori...he was very popular and could have been a variety act)

Movies: Spiderman Homecoming, Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2, Cars 3 3D, Moana (there could be more but I'm not sure)

Just got off the 8/19-8/26 Western Caribbean on the Fantasy. Staff was the same except Steven did Bingo

Variety acts: Scott Pepper, Lynn Trefzger, and Max Winfrey. There were 2 special performances by Donna Vivino. Tom sartori was also on, and great.

Mike Gibbons did a great job as cruise director. Our itinerary flipped because of the tropical storm, so all of the port times were different. The staff did a great job adjusting activities.

Last night, Donna Vivino (played Elphaba and Cosette on Broadway) did a cabaret in the Tube. Mike, who was in a boy band that opened for Backstreet Boys, sang Suddenly Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors with her. Dude has pipes!

Just got off the 8/19-8/26 Western Caribbean on the Fantasy. Staff was the same except Steven did Bingo

Variety acts: Scott Pepper, Lynn Trefzger, and Max Winfrey. There were 2 special performances by Donna Vivino. Tom sartori was also on, and great.

Mike Gibbons did a great job as cruise director. Our itinerary flipped because of the tropical storm, so all of the port times were different. The staff did a great job adjusting activities.

Last night, Donna Vivino (played Elphaba and Cosette on Broadway) did a cabaret in the Tube. Mike, who was in a boy band that opened for Backstreet Boys, sang Suddenly Seymour from Little Shop of Horrors with her. Dude has pipes!

Mike had a bit of experience with hurricane replanning as a ACD on Disney Fantasy last October when Hurricane Matthew gave us the inaugural 8-night Western Caribbean on Disney Fantasy. This was the first ever passenger cruise longer than 7-nights for Disney Fantasy, so it was a bit of scramble to work in subbing Cozumel again for Castaway Cay (hit by the hurricane) and adding another sea day (Port Canaveral was closed), but the entire Cruise Staff Team did an awesome job. We had to rely solely on paper Personal Navigators because the Navigator app could not handle the change from 7 to 8-nights, and was showing half of us as having our cruise completed and the other half a different schedule. Our Captain did an awesome job of always finding us smooth water and clear skies, you would have never had known there was hurricane anywhere in the Caribbean.

We really liked Mike Gibbons. Probably the best CD we have had in 7 cruises, and we were lucky enough to have had both Clayton and Christiaan in the past!

Last year we did the Dream on September 16th (3 night) got back on Monday and then on the Fantasy on that Saturday. :) Not exactly a back to back, but as close as we have made it so far.
That's the only way I'd do a short (Dream) cruise. We booked a 4 night (Sun-Thurs) on the Dream, did Thurs/Fri at WDW, then did B2B East/West Fantasy cruises. Made it just seem like part of a longer cruise with an overnight in port.

Surely someone has the updated crew and movies for the Fantasy!!!
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on??:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter