DIS-Meet Junior – June 2014 Girls Trip ~ Updated 1/21: See Ya Real Soon!

Yeah I remember something about some lady being superrrrr drunk on the monorail, now that you mention it!!
Such a foggy memory now, but I think she kept talking to us and was pretty loopy. :upsidedow

And the pack n play thing was very annoying, I think Izzy ended up just sleeping in the peapod? Aria slept in my bed.
Yeah, she slept in the peapod. She loves it, though, so it worked out okay. I remember Aria slept with you and you loved having the "sleepover" feeling on vacation. :goodvibes Izzy still cannot share a bed with me because she literally will NOT stop talking. :hyper2:

Aria will only watch fireworks if she has ear muffs. I don't know why but at least she sometimes enjoys watching them now vs. being afraid of them!
Glad she enjoys them with that comfort/reprieve from the loud noise. I don't know why they've never bothered Izzy, but I know we're lucky on that.

Thanks for posting the updates @Dugette!!
You're welcome and thank YOU for posting the next updates! :goodvibes

I *think* that we had a FP for 7DMT so when it went down it was good for the rest of the night? So I am pretty sure that helped be able to ride it plus Space, Pooh, and the parade FP.
That sounds right. Since 7DMT was the main goal of this trip, I'm sure we had FP+.

We met up again on two days in May 2015 (so almost a year later) when our trips overlapped, and with Facebook I've shown Aria photos of Izzy, so she definitely knows who she is! She can't wait to take another trip together!!
We also met up August 2014 (so, not long after this trip), so they've had a few meets. But, all in WDW. And a while back, Izzy said to me, "Remember my friend who lives at Disney World?" :rotfl: Yeah, she was talking about Aria. I had to explain that she also flies in from far away. :rotfl2: She's super excited to go on the big rides with Aria this time! :hyper:

@Dugette is hilarious and added this funny border...

14721540_910752005723847_1171004791781499411_n.jpg
This still cracks me up. :lmao: Just the looks on their faces...when I saw that border, I had to do it. :rotfl:

(BTW I finally saw my DH's desk a few weeks ago and he has the photo we made on his desk still!)
Nice, so does Dug (but he seldom uses his desk, he prefers to work from the recliner :laughing:). I just went and took a picture of the completed project:

But Izzy was a bit more fearful of the characters than she was before (Aria went through this at around age 10months-15months).
Yes, this was the only trip where I saw Izzy fearful like this. At 14 months, she loved them and CP was a highlight. But this trip, not so much. She wasn't TERRIBLY afraid, but not that comfortable either. Strangely, just a couple short months later when we went back, she LOVED all the characters and it was awesome. :thumbsup2

OMG, the look of pure terror on her face!!! :lmao:I actually just watched the video of this (I'm going to try to post them) and she was definitely scared at first, but warmed up by the end. :tigger:

Amazing how in December, they'll be the big kids playing in the climbing area while Maya plays here!
Izzy and I were just talking about this tonight at dinner. She can't remember what the big play area is like, but she thinks it will be really fun to climb around with Aria.

Dugette was calling it the up and down ride for Izzy
I think I was trying to teach her about the concepts of up and down? :confused3 I also think I was lifting her up and down while we waited/watched. There was probably more to it because I made a note, but that's all I got. :laughing:

In case you're wondering about my very awkward post, I'm pretty sure we had just come straight in from the restrooms, so I was carrying both Izzy's changing kit and a baggie containing her wet clothes from the splash pad, since I'd changed her outfit. I wasn't expecting to hold her, so didn't have a chance to set anything down. Reviewing the video, which I won't post because it's awful, Izzy was all set to go up and see "the doggy" by herself, then started to run up and veered away and Lauren and I had to keep her in the vicinity. :headache:

Aria could have ridden it over and over again, she loved it!
Can't wait for them to ride it together. Izzy and I took a spin in May 2015 and she loved it too. She seems to be a coaster fan. (Oh, also, she randomly yelled out yesterday that she can't wait to ride Splash Mountain with Aria!)

Woo hoo, a meet where I didn't have to hold her to get her near a character! Yay, Minnie!

Aw, this is so sweet! :lovestruc

Apparenty I made Aria walk while Izzy was being carried. lol
Izzy was being obnoxious about wanting to be carried on this trip, I think.

At one point Izzy wanted to be carried around by her arms. You can sort of see her dangling in the back of this pic
I remember this, so awkward. And you'll see it again when we go back to see Anna and Elsa. :rolleyes1

Oh we had another FP as well - Speedway!! I think this was Izzy's first time on a height requirement ride!!
It was her first one! ::yes:: How far they've come...

Aria was in the driver seat but after a few sharp turns she gave the reigns over to me, then was mad I took her pic.

14633441_10100565263464631_8560406885280263765_o.jpg
Ha, didn't realize that was a mad Aria. :rotfl: Totally a toddler reaction.

I think Izzy is pointing out the Tink on Aria's dress. Cute.

:lmao: The photobombing is hilarious!

gotta love the empty Main St for photos - lots of great shots, I love the ones with the two girls
Thanks, we really took advantage of it! I'm hoping maybe we can recreate some photos of the girls on Main Street this next trip. Would be a cute comparison.

That is the one problem with Character meals - the kids can get so excited about the coming characters that they forget / don't want to eat!
And the parents can barely get a bite in or get to the buffet if they want to see the meets. :faint:

I do love the puffed French Toast!
Mmmmmm, me too!

Looks like a productive morning between attractions and meets! Looks like a really fun friend of Tink based on the pictures ... Aria does look a bit tired though
Tink was really great, if I remember right. :tink:

I was amazing how low the height requirement for the speedway is to just ride - even Emma made it last trip.
It's nice they have something for the toddler set.

So adorable! They look so LITTLE-- can't wait to see pics of them as great, big girls, with Maya closer to Izzy's size.
Thanks, it's just amazing to see how little they really were back then. They really do grow up super fast!

Mmmmmmm, CP breakfast. I'm not a huge fan of the puffed French toast, but that breakfast lasagne is my FAVORITE. And the potatoes--is it the cheesy ones there? Or is it a western potato dish? I can't remember, just know I carb out there!!!
Mmm, that lasagna is good too. I think the potatoes are, um, something not cheesy? :confused: I can't remember for sure, but I bet Lauren knows. :laughing:

Izzy is so little. I'm so glad you are writing this trip report. I'm sure you are getting excited for your December trip. The girls will be able to do some new rides as they will be tall enough.
Yep, she's tiny! And she seemed like such a "big girl" at the time. It's fun to look back at this. And December will be great! Aria's been tall enough to ride some of the biggies for a while, but this will be Izzy's first time on all the 40 inchers! :cool1:

Well, I was hoping to put up some videos of the CP meets tonight, but photobucket and videos like to fight :headache:...I'm giving up and going to bed. Will try again tomorrow! :wave2:

:cool1: I didn't think we'd ever cross paths with your January trips and our lack of January trips (there was one, back in 2010, but that's it). So glad things changed for you guys - December is a great time to visit anyway, but especially the same week! :jumping1:

Aw, poor guy. Izzy hasn't said anything about parades, so I just haven't mentioned it. Besides, she saw Paint the Night at Disneyland, which will probably spoil all light-up parades for her forever. :rotfl:

I know!! I'm totally excited to visit at Christmas time. Usually in Jan we catch the end of the decorations but we're super over Christmas by then. This time we'all be freshly excited!

Oooooh paint the night!! I was so hoping it would move to WDW when I saw msep was leaving. So sad it's not gonna be there. :(

Well, I was hoping to put up some videos of the CP meets tonight, but photobucket and videos like to fight :headache:...I'm giving up and going to bed. Will try again tomorrow! :wave2:
Well, give it another night, I guess. Photobucket really dislikes me. :badpc: I have almost all the videos uploaded, but would like to get them all before posting. I think I will need some of this stuff: pixiedust:

I know!! I'm totally excited to visit at Christmas time. Usually in Jan we catch the end of the decorations but we're super over Christmas by then. This time we'all be freshly excited!

Oooooh paint the night!! I was so hoping it would move to WDW when I saw msep was leaving. So sad it's not gonna be there. :(
I'm sure you'll love it - probably our favorite time to go! By the way, you'll be happy to know that I can't find our 4 Parks, 1 World CD at the moment, but I DID run across the Holiday Wishes CD, so we listened to that in the car today and Izzy liked it! :thumbsup2

I was so hoping for PtN too - it's really amazing and I'd love to see it again!

The Morning in Video :happytv:

Finally, I’ve managed to wrestle Photobucket into uploading my videos. :cool1: I did have to split some of them into multiple parts even though they were within the size limits. :headache: Enjoy!

Here’s Piglet (Izzy sees him in the mirror at first and likes him, then is scared of the real Piglet :laughing: ):

(click to watch)

Next up, Winnie the Pooh (3 parts, as he visits, tries to move on and is blocked by Eeyore :eeyore:, then comes back again):

(click to watch part 1)

(click to watch part 2)

[URL=http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z410/LoungingAround/June%202014%20Videos/Pooh2014_zpsbyqvl3lp.mp4][/URL](click to watch part 3)

And Eeyore:

(click to watch)

Before Tigger came over, Izzy was fascinated with him and waving to him :wave2: :

(click to watch – beginning and end, mostly, the rest isn't much to see)

Here’s Tigger’s actual visit, which starts with terrified Izzy :scared: , but she gets more comfortable (2 parts):

(click to watch part 1)

(click to watch part 2)

In case you’re wondering how 21 month olds like It’s a Small World:

(click to watch toddler joy :goodvibes )

A couple videos of Pixie Hollow. First, Izzy photobombing Aria and Tink :lmao::

(click to watch)

And a little video of Izzy playing right before meeting Tink, since I think it’s cute :cutie: (and you can see her little fairy wings):

(click to watch)

A few extra Photopass shots I thought I’d throw in. Izzy was wearing her Pirates shirt, so I added a Pirates border:

This one just cracks me up :rotfl2: :

And here you can see all of Izzy’s dreams coming true – forget the fairy nearby, check out the giant toys :thumbsup2 :

Some other photos to share…

Our tiny red car in the first row parking spot:

Izzy wanted to be like the cool kids and hold the bar on the monorail:

So, I guess when Aria waited by Daisy, Izzy waited by Donald:

Izzy was very proud to hold the buzzer at Crystal Palace:

Also seemed to think it was a smart phone :laughing: :

Someone wasn’t very good at not spilling water on herself:

There they are both peeking in the window:

Looks like Izzy had a Mickey waffle, fruit and eggs:

Looks like I had a variety of yummy things too:

Izzy always finds ways to put things together and build:

Izzy loved Dumbo:

Here we are on the carousel:

Oh, look, she was still walking through the treehouse there before she made me carry her:

You can sort of see Aria behind the wheel here :drive::

I think that’s it for the bonus features on this one! :flower:

I finally made it over here. There is way too much cuteness in this thread! It's funny seeing how little the girls are after reading more recent TRs with them.

The photo of Izzy and Aria peeking in the window of the Crystal Palace is adorable.

I finally made it over here. There is way too much cuteness in this thread! It's funny seeing how little the girls are after reading more recent TRs with them.
Glad you made it over! I know, isn't it so cute looking back at their little toddler selves now that they're "big girls"?

The photo of Izzy and Aria peeking in the window of the Crystal Palace is adorable.
Aw, thanks, I like that one. They were excited to go in.

Joining in. The girls are so adorable together!
:welcome: Thanks so much - I love seeing Izzy interact with friends - especially a Disney friend! :goodvibes

One Month From Today

A brief interlude from 2014 to zip up to 2016 Pre-Trip Planning! :teleport:

Well, today's date is significant:

1.) Exactly two years ago today, my little family was flying First Class to Hawaii. :cloud9: (On $70/person tickets purchased during a price glitch. :thumbsup2) What a great trip - I highly recommend visiting Aulani! Amazing Disney resort!

2.) One month from today, our little family flies to MCO for our December 2016 WDW extravaganza! :woohoo: Lauren and her girls fly in the next day, so we get a bit of a head start on them. I thought I'd take this one-month-out opportunity to talk about that arrival day and some other general trip plans.

So, we leave MSP around 9am and arrive MCO about 1:15pm. Decent schedule (direct flight, free with points :thumbsup2). I am thinking we will bring some snacks on the plane and then swing by Chick-Fil-A at MCO on our way to the Magical Express to grab some lunch on the go (if it's convenient).

We'll hop on our Magical Express to Pop Century. By that time, I think there's a decent chance of our room being ready, so hoping we get the text and can go straight there to drop off stuff we don't need, change, pack the park bag, etc. If we have time or inclination, we could unpack or nap.

The rest of our day has really been in flux. Our initial plan was to head to DHS in order to do the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party at 5:45pm. But, as you may know, Disney recently announced that show is going on hiatus until 2017 in order to introduce a new Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM Holiday Show. Dug, in particular, was really bummed about this news, as he's a huge Star Wars fan and had really been looking forward to this show. :sad1: We don't know that we still want to do a dessert party this night. It was worth it to have a good view of the SW show, as Dug was so excited about it. But I don't know that it makes sense to drop $177 for some treats and a good viewing area for this new show. But I reserved it anyway, as it can be cancelled up to 24 hours in advance. Once the show starts in mid-November, I look forward to seeing how the reviews of the show and the dessert party come in.

Our initial plan was that after the dessert party and show, we'd be able to leave the park at about 7pm and head over to World Showcase. Because, why not attend TWO evening shows on your arrival night? :rotfl: We have a 7:55pm ADR at Spice Road Table with hopes to sit somewhere that we have a view of Illuminations. It's at 9:30pm and will have the holiday tag at the end, which we haven't seen for 3 years. Plus, we still haven't eaten at Spice Road Table and had wanted to try it. Maybe not great timing to do it after a dessert party, but with the shared plate things, it might work well to graze a bit. After Illuminations, we'd hightail it to the bus and back to Pop for some sleep. A nice thing is that we will be on Central Time, so it will feel an hour earlier to us. But that will come back to bite us in the morning. :laughing:

So, given the change in the DHS evening show, our plans laid out above might change quite a bit. If we don't feel like the dessert party is worth it, we'll go to the alternate plan, which is attending the show (not party) on the next night with Lauren and girls, after dinner. So, if we are doing that, we'll skip DHS on the first day and JUST do Epcot (I think this is fairly likely). And, on that note, we have Fast Passes reserved for Epcot. Starting at 4pm, we have Test Track, Spaceship Earth, and Journey Into Imagination. Izzy will be a new 40"-er on this trip, so she's excited to ride Test Track for the first time. :car:

Oh, I almost forgot, if we are in Epcot, we have a potential DIS-meet with @chunkymonkey - it's their departure day and I hope we can meet up!

So, that's our very un-finalized first day! :cool1:

And to add some pictures to this post, I was going through Izzy's Disney wardrobe the other day and she has more clothes to wear than opportunities to wear them. Granted, they are not as cute as Lauren's girls' clothes, but I probably got all of them for cheap. :thumbsup2 So, I need to figure out when to have her in each thing - and you are welcome to help! :goodvibes I'll list our ADRs and then show pics of most of the clothes and if you see some that should go together, let me know what you find. Or just if they should go with a character meet or ride, etc.

ADR list:
Spice Road dinner
Disney Junior Hollywood & Vine breakfast
Minnie's Holiday Dine H&V dinner
Princess breakfast at Akershus
Morimoto Asia dinner (probably won't keep this, though)
Crystal Palace breakfast
California Grill dinner
Be Our Guest breakfast
Tiffins dinner
'Ohana Lilo & Stitch breakfast
Skipper Canteen lunch
Chef Mickey's dinner
Garden Grill Chip & Dale breakfast

Yes, I know, that's a lot of dining for a 6 night trip. :faint: Should be a ton of fun and good food, though. :thumbsup2

Okay, now the various Disney shirts and such that I have for Izzy (I have a few for myself, but not enough to post...though I am rather proud I just picked up a cute Minnie shirt for me for $2 at Target the other day!). Oh, and I need to apologize in advance for the poor quality of the pictures. I literally was snapping them with my phone while I was putting laundry away and in a hurry. Poor lighting, etc. Sorry. :blush: Here goes:

Tsum Tsum dress. I love this. She wore it for her birthday:

Awesome Star Wars dress that Lauren, Aria, and Maya gifted to Izzy. So great - getting small for a dress, but still works as a shirt. :thumbsup2

Cute shirt, has matching pink leggings.

This also has matching polka dot pants. Very warm, if it's chilly out.

Pretty standard Mickey/Minnie long sleeve. Going in December, you never know what type of weather to plan for.

Cute 101 Dalmatians top.

We have a few Star Wars shirts, but this one was too cute for me to pass up.

Not a Disney shirt, but a possibility for Animal Kingdom. Also has matching blue leggings.

Sheriff Callie (Disney Junior) dress! Super cute, especially with her little pink cowboy boots! However, she lost the badge when she wore it to daycare, so not sure if that will show up again in the next month. I had been thinking of having her wear this to meet Woody & Jessie at MK, but I read that they no longer meet. :sad1: If we can catch a Frontierland Hoedown, that might be an option. Or maybe just to ride Big Thunder for the first time? :confused3 (Excuse the tornado that blasted through her room :eek:).

Cinderella dress. She hasn't worn this yet, but needs to at some point on this trip!

Sofia dress. Not in the best shape, but passable for a meet or meal. Maybe H&V breakfast?

Awesome Elsa outfit from our daycare provider (who is on here, by the way! :wave2:). Probably for Akershus or at least to meet Anna & Elsa and ride Frozen Ever After. Super cute!

Probably just to toss over her if it gets cold.

One of her Rey shirts. She also has a new one I just grabbed on clearance for her (no photo, sorry). And, of course, she has her Rey costume as well:

Photo was a bit edited for background and Bailey-8. :rotfl:

Just a cute tee.

Tinkerbell jeans - they actually sparkle. :tink:

Minnie holiday shirt.

Ditto, though this one is getting small.

Olaf holiday shirt.

Cinderella castle shirt. And she wore it today, so I got a pic of her sort-of modeling it (hard to get a non-blurry one of her):

I also got her another tee the other day with several princesses and it says "Dream Big" (no picture).

I think that's mostly it, though I do have a few older items as back-up.

If nothing else, just having all of these in one post will allow me to review what we have and figure out what to pack and for which day.

Thanks for any input! :goodvibes

I always love your "1-month from today posts"

As you know, we found the party for the Star Wars show to be worth it - given the amount of food, drinks, the Chewie Stein, and the reserved location - and just getting to have the party in the Launch Bay with the Storm Troopers and Jawas around was cool. That said, I think it makes sense to get reviews for the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM party first - and also to see how important is having that reserved location ... if you can get a "good enough" view without the party then might make sense to just wait until the next night

Especially given you alternate plans of just doing EPCOT, your FP booked for there and the DISmeet. I haven't gotten to it yet in my TR but we did Spice Road Table and really enjoyed it and thought the view was quite good (if not the best ever) for Illuminations ... just nice to sit and relax with a glass of wine as they bring out dessert at the show is going on, etc. - made it more relaxing and "vacation" feeling. Also, there are a lot of small plates on the menu so we tried a few things and liked pretty much everything. If I don't get to it in my TR before your trip happy to share some more thoughts if you are interested

Not an expert on picking outfits - but I do like the two Tsum Tsum ones (the dress and the Star Wars shirt)

I always love your "1-month from today posts"
Thanks! :goodvibes I always find it helpful to review the daily plans in more depth.

As you know, we found the party for the Star Wars show to be worth it - given the amount of food, drinks, the Chewie Stein, and the reserved location - and just getting to have the party in the Launch Bay with the Storm Troopers and Jawas around was cool. That said, I think it makes sense to get reviews for the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM party first - and also to see how important is having that reserved location ... if you can get a "good enough" view without the party then might make sense to just wait until the next night
One thing I forgot to mention is that there is supposed to be a special "VIP" character at the party. Don't yet know who it is, though. Not sure if it will be a difference-maker. And if they have the freeze-dried Nutella, I'd love to try that - but can't justify $177 for just that. :rotfl:

Especially given you alternate plans of just doing EPCOT, your FP booked for there and the DISmeet. I haven't gotten to it yet in my TR but we did Spice Road Table and really enjoyed it and thought the view was quite good (if not the best ever) for Illuminations ... just nice to sit and relax with a glass of wine as they bring out dessert at the show is going on, etc. - made it more relaxing and "vacation" feeling. Also, there are a lot of small plates on the menu so we tried a few things and liked pretty much everything. If I don't get to it in my TR before your trip happy to share some more thoughts if you are interested
Your description of Spice Road sounds wonderful...relaxing with a glass of wine and Illuminations! :cloud9:

Not an expert on picking outfits - but I do like the two Tsum Tsum ones (the dress and the Star Wars shirt)
Thanks, I love those ones too!

One Month From Today – 12/8/16

Before I get into our first full day, a couple other thoughts I had on our arrival day.

One, we want to have Izzy build a light saber at some point. :darth: She does have one that Dug built for her on her first trip 3 years ago, while she was napping, but it would be nice to let her choose. Anyway, I know there are a few places to do this, but if we have some time to spare in Epcot, we could do it at MouseGear.

Secondly, we want to meet Baymax at some point and Lauren’s already done so. If we can catch a reasonable line, it would be great to get some fist bumps! :hyper:

Okay, on to our next day!

We start early, with a Pre-Park Opening ADR at Hollywood & Vine for the Disney Junior breakfast. We also plan to get Izzy signed up for Jedi Training Academy (for the first time!) before we are seated. There have been some recent reports of this not being allowed anymore, but most reports are that it is still fine. In fact, they have recently been giving each party a Fast Pass for 5 people that can be used on any DHS ride. :thumbsup2 Hello repeat ride on Toy Story Mania? :cool1: Some people book this breakfast just to get in early to sign up for Jedi Training, but we actually want to do this meal (even if not allowed to sign up early) because Izzy is rather addicted to Disney Junior and would love to interact with these characters.

She’s never met Handy Manny, but we showed her some episodes and she really liked it. She has met Doc McStuffins, Princess Sofia, and Pirate Jake before, but she will be happy to see them again. Proof from May 2015:

While we are doing that, Lauren and her girls will be in flight (and hopefully it will be going smoothly!). When they get in and settled, they will join us at DHS, probably around lunchtime.

Depending on when we get out of breakfast, we might try to make a rope drop trip over to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster to ride either Standby (with Rider Swap) or Single Rider. Thanks to the FP tiers, we can’t get one for that AND TSMM.

After that, we’ll check out the Star Wars Launch Bay. Explore the place, maybe meet characters? No real plan here. But a must-do for Dug.

If we have time, we could do the Frozen Sing-Along at 10:30am. I’d like to do this, even though we have previously, because Izzy has much more ability and desire to sing along now (knows the words and likes to sing).

I think we are going to aim for the 11:40am Jedi Training. This will require us to arrive around 11:10am. I thought Izzy would want to battle Darth Vader, but she is telling me she wants to battle the girl (The Seventh Sister – neither she nor I know exactly who that is, but I know Dug does). It tends to be random, though, so we’ll see who she gets.

We should be done with that a bit after noon and will head to the Brown Derby Lounge for a light lunch (Cobb Salad!) We’ve eaten at the Brown Derby, but never the lounge, so figured this was a good chance to give it a try. And with a buffet breakfast and dinner planned for this day, a light lunch should be good. If Lauren and girls arrive while we’re here, they will join us.

After lunch, we all have FP+ for TSMM, Star Tours (Dug will go again with Lauren’s, since she is preggo and can’t ride), and Tower of Terror (also a no-ride for Lauren). Hopefully we can get in a 2nd ride on TSMM if we get the 5 person FP. Izzy has never been on Star Tours, so I’m sure she will love that. I guess we could grab a Rider Swap too (thanks, Maya!), in case Izzy or Aria wants to ride again later. And Izzy has also never been on Tower of Terror, but says she is brave and wants to ride. Aria has gone back and forth about ToT (she has ridden and was scared), but says she wants to ride and hold Izzy’s hand. :lovestruc So, we’ll see what happens. And, of course, we can grab a Rider Swap if anyone wants another ride. (Lauren – do you think we’d have any trouble getting RS on these if they see a preggo belly?)

There are also a few character meets I have in mind, though not sure exactly when. Possibly Woody & Buzz, but I don’t feel that it’s a must-do. My must-do is Olaf, though. Izzy wants to bring at least one of her plush Olafs along for warm hugs. We’ve never met him, so I’m looking forward to that. I also would like to do the Mickey and Minnie meet, but not 100% necessary since they will be at our dinner. I also have read that Bolt meets at DHS sometimes and I’d love to catch that! Izzy LOVES that movie and has watched it MANY times! I wonder if we could catch a Characterpalooza too? :scratchin

If time, we might catch a late afternoon Disney Junior Live show. Always fun with the little ones. Dug isn’t a fan of sitting on the floor, so he could go back to the Launch Bay if there was anything he missed.

Our dinner is back at Hollywood & Vine for Minnie’s Holiday Dine. :santa: I’m looking forward to this. We had a rough experience at the last special dinner we had here (May 2015, Star Wars / Jedi Mickey meal – Izzy was in a terrible mood! :crazy2: ), so I’m hoping we can have a better one this time around. We originally had the Fantasmic package for this meal and plans to see Fantasmic later this night. However, with the new holiday show at DHS, we are trying to switch it to a non-Fantasmic package instead, so we can do Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM.

If we have time after dinner, we can use any remaining Rider Swaps and then find spots for the Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM show. I know we are considering doing the dessert party for it the night before, but I think we’d still want see it again this night with Lauren and girls. We saw Fantasmic on our last trip, so don’t feel like it’s a priority this time. The park is only slated to be open until 7pm this night, so we’ll be able to get to bed early this evening. We’ll probably need some sleep after the early morning following Illuminations – and we have another PPO ADR the next day! :faint:

Oh, and one bonus feature. I mentioned Izzy got a new R2D2 shirt recently (birthday gift), but I didn’t have a picture. Well, she wore it today, so I got one:

Could be a good one to wear this day. Or one of her Rey shirts or the SW dress…so many choices!

One, we want to have Izzy build a light saber at some point. :darth: She does have one that Dug built for her on her first trip 3 years ago, while she was napping, but it would be nice to let her choose.

I was thinking about doing this with Aria, so if you guys don't do it on Day 1, I'd be up for it at DHS if we have time :)

After lunch, we all have FP+ for TSMM, Star Tours (Dug will go again with Lauren’s, since she is preggo and can’t ride), and Tower of Terror (also a no-ride for Lauren). Hopefully we can get in a 2nd ride on TSMM if we get the 5 person FP.

That extra TSMM would be awesome :)

(Lauren – do you think we’d have any trouble getting RS on these if they see a preggo belly?)

Actually I was going to comment on a previous thing about that (when you mentioned thanks, Maya!) - apparently IN Disney's writing on RS, it is technically for ANYONE who CAN'T or DOESN'T want to ride. That would include preggo people, so even without Maya, we *should* be able to get a RS but I know that some CM's don't see it that way and thus I saved the link to Disney's website. Shouldn't be an issue though, I mean I'll be pushing a stroller with a 1-year-old in it, they aren't going to deny us a RS!

I wonder if we could catch a Characterpalooza too? :scratchin

Yes this would be cool

Izzy was in a terrible mood! :crazy2: ), so I’m hoping we can have a better one this time around.

Maybe that will be Maya this time. LOL judging from the way she has been lately! I hope she snaps out of it and isn't afraid of the characters- this will be a weird day for her though with the super early wake up, flight, then full park day so I really hope she gets some good naps in and is okay.

A month from today!!

We visit EPCOT -

We have a PPO bf at Akershus. Just for fun, here's a pic of Aria there in August 2014

10649951_10100197948526711_6477032981704404729_n.jpg

I have yet to look at outfits (oh the shame!!) but she may wear her Ariel gown from her 4th birthday at MK/BBB.

After breakfast, we had hoped to get early FP's for FEA, but alas the earliest was 3:20PM :( so instead we are hoping to catch it at rope drop (will have to be sure to pay the Akershus bill ASAP). After attempting FEA, we'll attempt to meet A&E, hopefully the waits remain low. I do plan to switch Aria into her Elsa dress for this although it's getting a little small. She has a bigger Anna dress coming for Christmas as a part of a big dress up gift, but I don't want to give it to her early).

Then heading back towards Future World, we'll stop in to ride Donald's Boat Ride, which I'm sure will be a favorite. Around this time Maya will hopefully fall asleep in the stroller ;)

We have plans to head to Nemo, Turtle Talk, and Character Spot (FP) and also check out Joy &Sadness but no one wants to wait an hour for that. I had hoped to catch Spaceship earth then head out to Disney Springs, but that will depend on whether we got on FEA earlier or not. With some extra MB's, Aria & I might be able to catch Soarin and grab a RS for Dugette & family.

At any rate, mid-afternoon Aria, Maya and I plan to head to Disney Springs. I'd like to leave EPCOT by 2 ideally so that Maya will take a good nap at DS (usually falls asleep at 1:30) while we do some shopping and check out the new Christmas stuff (I really want to see all the decoarated trees, and possibly meet Santa here, if we didn't have a chance to do so at DHS the day prior).

We have an ADR via Open Table at the Boathouse - this was one of our BEST meals here in February, even for allergy options, so I have this, but we may cancel and do Blaze pizza or a food truck just depending on how we are feeling, how Maya is behaving, etc. Dugette & family are also coming to DS this evening and may do the Boathouse with us or might do a food truck, so we are just leaving plans up in the air.

I was thinking about doing this with Aria, so if you guys don't do it on Day 1, I'd be up for it at DHS if we have time :)
That would be fun to have them do it together! I'm good with that! :thumbsup2

That extra TSMM would be awesome :)
:cool1: Hope they are still doing the FP for 5 with JT sign up. I guess it's been a few months and still going, so that's good.

Actually I was going to comment on a previous thing about that (when you mentioned thanks, Maya!) - apparently IN Disney's writing on RS, it is technically for ANYONE who CAN'T or DOESN'T want to ride. That would include preggo people, so even without Maya, we *should* be able to get a RS but I know that some CM's don't see it that way and thus I saved the link to Disney's website. Shouldn't be an issue though, I mean I'll be pushing a stroller with a 1-year-old in it, they aren't going to deny us a RS!
I think I've seen posts about this with people having a tough time. But we clearly have a kid who can't ride (Maya), so I think it should be fine. And, really, it's not like DLP - they recommend pregnant women not ride at WDW, but I don't think they dis-allow it. I'm thinking we're good.

Yes this would be cool
I've never done characterpalooza, so would be fun.

Maybe that will be Maya this time. LOL judging from the way she has been lately! I hope she snaps out of it and isn't afraid of the characters- this will be a weird day for her though with the super early wake up, flight, then full park day so I really hope she gets some good naps in and is okay.
I hope she does well, but who knows. And the big girls, for that matter. :rotfl:

I have yet to look at outfits (oh the shame!!) but she may wear her Ariel gown from her 4th birthday at MK/BBB.
I'm leaning towards doing the Cinderella dress for Izzy because I can't figure out where else it would make sense to have her wear it. CA Grill? :confused3 I mean, there are no other princess meals.

I do plan to switch Aria into her Elsa dress for this although it's getting a little small.
Hmmm, then maybe I will do the princess dress at breakfast and then change Izzy into the Elsa Let it Go outfit for the meet. She'll probably have managed to get food on the dress anyway. :laughing: Do you think we'll have time to change them for this? :scratchin Otherwise, I could do the Let it Go outfit all morning and figure out something else for the Cinderella dress. (And, of course, once I figure this out, Izzy will probably have her own ideas and want to wear like R2D2 this morning. :lmao:)

We have plans to head to Nemo, Turtle Talk, and Character Spot (FP) and also check out Joy &Sadness but no one wants to wait an hour for that. I had hoped to catch Spaceship earth
We also changed one of our FP this day to LwtL. So, maybe trade off on that and Soarin'?

I had hoped to catch Spaceship earth then head out to Disney Springs, but that will depend on whether we got on FEA earlier or not.
I hope we can catch an earlier time, but it's rough. I keep randomly checking. :surfweb:

(I really want to see all the decoarated trees, and possibly meet Santa here, if we didn't have a chance to do so at DHS the day prior).
I thought I heard something about them also having a drone-based light show now at DS? If so, that too!

As I think you know, leaving Akershsus about 10 minutes early worked great for us to get on FAE with minimal wait and then still very low wait for the A&E meet and greet - good luck!

We did encounter long waits for Joy and Sadness - not sure if they are still long though

The trees sound neat at Disney Springs and they should have the drone light show there by then as well which sounds neat

As I think you know, leaving Akershsus about 10 minutes early worked great for us to get on FAE with minimal wait and then still very low wait for the A&E meet and greet - good luck!

We did encounter long waits for Joy and Sadness - not sure if they are still long though

The trees sound neat at Disney Springs and they should have the drone light show there by then as well which sounds neat

Yes that is our plan!! I just hope with all the girls and stuff that we'll be able to get out ASAP. I plan to get to EPCOT early and check in for Akershus as soon as we possibly can, then we'll pay the bill early on too.

The trees and drone show will be cool to see for sure! I like that Santa has a pager system set up too so hopefully we won't have to wait too long and can do some shopping in the meantime.

One Month From Today – 12/10/16

Before I get into this day, a couple things I forgot to mention before. One is that we have another DIS-meet that I’m super excited about! :cool1: @AprilRenee (who I have been DIS/FB-friends with for years, but never met) had to change her January trip to December and is overlapping most of our trip! We have a few days that we will be in the parks at the same time, so hope to spend some time together and let the kids play. Also, her son Caden (also 4) wants to do Jedi Training, so we’re hoping to get Caden and Izzy into the same session – would be super cute (and probably helpful) to have a friend doing it alongside them. :darth:

Second thing I was thinking about is our travel day. I always bring a carseat on the plane for Izzy to ride in. When she was younger (and not buying a seat), there were times we couldn’t bring it on and she was a maniac and hard to keep still. :headache: Even on the one flight where we ended up getting an empty seat for her – it’s SO easy for a toddler to unbuckle an airplane seatbelt, plus she couldn’t get comfortable to nap, so didn’t. :sad2: Due to these experiences, ever since she turned 2 and needed a ticket, we’ve brought a carseat on every time. And many of our (non-WDW) trips have required rental cars anyway, so we needed to bring one no matter what. However, this trip won’t involve a car. We will be using Magical Express and Disney transportation. So, the carseat would be solely for the flight (which I did once when she was 2 and felt it worthwhile). But now she is 4 and old enough to (probably :laughing:) follow directions for staying buckled. And she is obsessed with the iPad and watching Frozen, so I could set that up on her tray table (which usually can’t fold down with a carseat in the way). And she doesn’t usually nap anymore, so that’s not an issue. All that to say, I’m thinking of leaving the carseat at home this time.

But, of course, that line of thinking (woohoo, fewer things to carry through the airport!) made me ponder the stroller situation. :scratchin We always gate-check the stroller and it’s a PAIN to carry it down to the plane while boarding (and back up). And the main reason we bring it to the gate is because we attach the carseat to it. And we have direct flights, so hopefully no reason for Izzy to nap/rest in it at the airport. So, that has me thinking of checking the stroller (in travel bag) with our checked bags (we each have a free one with Delta). But I’d worry about the stroller getting damaged – it’s our “good” one and I want it at WDW vs. one of our back-up ones (that I wouldn’t worry much about). So, I don’t know what to do there. It’s very appealing just to have a couple backpacks and maybe one rolling carry-on, if we need it for first-day stuff (before Magical Express delivers our luggage) when we walk through the airport. And Izzy would be fine walking and usually does it anyway. Anyone check strollers (not at the gate)? How did they fare? :confused3

Okay, so back to this next day! We originally had a great plan: 8:10am PPO ADR at Crystal Palace, park opening at 9am. Time to take some walking to the castle pictures & Photopass pictures in an empty-ish park, yay! :cool1: Well, can you guess what Disney had the nerve to do well after our ADR was made and plans were set? Yes, of course, they changed park opening to 8am. :earseek: So, we’ve been trying to find a brunch spot (around 10:30am) for CP this day instead. No luck so far, though we do have a lunch ADR – but would much rather have the breakfast food (and price!) So, we’re still working on things here and it might require some ADR re-arrangement. Wish us luck! pixiedust:

Some flashback pictures to Izzy’s first CP breakfast, when she was about Maya’s age :lovestruc :

[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html'][/URL]

[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html']So, let’s just say we get that brunch ADR at CP. We’ll start the morning at rope drop. In fact, Izzy could see the MK welcome show for the first time in her life (we’re always either PPO or arriving later). That would be great! :thumbsup2 Then we’ll take advantage of that first hour to hit the Fantasyland rides with short waits. I guess we’ll have to eat some sort of small breakfast too, but not going to worry about that. Then, at 9am, our Fast Passes begin. We’ll all ride Peter Pan. And then we’ll get creative. We have 4 FP+ for 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. But only me, Izzy, and Aria plan to ride. Dug couldn’t get the lap bar to click over his legs last trip (haven’t gotten to that yet in my May 2015 TR, sorry), so he won’t ride. And Lauren’s preggo. But, I’ve heard that I can’t take both girls on at once because neither is old enough to sit “alone” :headache: (2 by 2 seating). Instead, I’ll have to take one and then take the other, using up all 4 FP. BUT, we also should be able to get Rider Swaps each time, so we can tuck those away for nighttime rides or something maybe? Our 5th FP+ (the one we didn’t get 7DMT with) is for Big Thunder. The plan there is to have Dug use that and get a Rider Swap. And I will take Aria and Izzy with me on the Rider Swap, since it’s up to 3 guests and we should all fit in one seat. Sweet! :woohoo: After that, we have 4 FP+ for Splash Mountain, so Dug and I will take the 4 year olds. Lauren & Maya have a FP+ for the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, so they will do that together. I think Splash will be fun! It’s Aria’s favorite and Izzy can’t wait (she’s ridden the “mini Splash” at the Mall of America a few times and LOVES it). If we do get the CP brunch, we may have to adjust these FP times a bit, so we’ll see what happens.
[/URL]

[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html']Other things we’d like to do this morning:
[/URL]
[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html']*Barnstormer for at least me and the girls (with Rider Swap)[/URL]
[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html']*Haunted Mansion[/URL]
[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html']*Pirates[/URL]
[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html']*Character meets (princesses, Tink, maybe talking Mickey?)[/URL]
[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html']*I know that some days there is a Frontierland Hoedown and I’d love to catch that, but it’s short notice. If we do, I hope to have Izzy in her Sheriff Callie dress (she found the badge at daycare!) and pink boots.[/URL]
[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html']*Lauren – let me know if I’ve forgotten things or gotten them mixed up – I have too many versions of our plan! :rotfl2:[/URL]

[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html']Later in the afternoon, Dug and I (and Izzy) would like to monorail over to the Polynesian and check out Trader Sam’s. We actually haven’t seen the Poly since the big remodel was done, so we’re excited to check it out. :hyper: Not sure if we’ll sit inside or on the patio. I think both are good options (cool theming inside, Dole Whip drink outside only) – we’ll see what seems best that day.
[/URL]

[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html']We won’t spend a long time there, though, as we have dinner at the California Grill. We haven’t been here since the pre-Izzy days, but I know Lauren has brought Aria and had a great meal. Hoping it goes well with 3 kids!
[/URL]

[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html']After dinner, we can check out the Contemporary’s holiday decorations, if we haven’t already.
[/URL]

[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0618_zps203dbb8c.jpg.html']Then Lauren and her girls will probably head back to their resort. The MK is open late this night, so if there is anything we missed and want to do, maybe the three of us would head back (we have to go back there in order to get a bus back to Pop anyway). Or, maybe one parent will stay solo for a while (there is also a 1am night our first night, but we’ll probably be too tired and/or smart to try that:rotfl:). And then we’ll all rest up for a Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom day!
[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

All that to say, I’m thinking of leaving the carseat at home this time.

I stopped bringing a car seat on for Aria as soon as I was carrying it plus the stroller myself lol, however since we rent a car always, I check it in a bag (with tons of room for extra stuff ;) ) anyway, I think you will be totally fine without a car seat.

But, of course, that line of thinking (woohoo, fewer things to carry through the airport!) made me ponder the stroller situation. :scratchin We always gate-check the stroller and it’s a PAIN to carry it down to the plane while boarding (and back up). And the main reason we bring it to the gate is because we attach the carseat to it. And we have direct flights, so hopefully no reason for Izzy to nap/rest in it at the airport. So, that has me thinking of checking the stroller (in travel bag) with our checked bags (we each have a free one with Delta). But I’d worry about the stroller getting damaged

I have considered doing this but don't have the guts to. I did however start doing something different- instead of gate-checking our city select inside a bag, since we added on a 2nd seat for Maya and it got even heaver, I figured out a way to fold it and have all pieces attached - so now I stroll it down the entryway and quickly fold it when I get to the end. I know your stroller is even easier to fold, so I would just push it down and fold it at the end. That has helped significantly as that was my least favorite part about having the stroller. In August going to CA, I did this with Maya in the carrier and Aria walking alongside me. I do like having the stroller in the airport though 1- So I Can load it up with our stuff (backpack, toy suitcase, jackets, food that we purchase, etc) and Aria, even at 4.75 STILL loves her seat in it lol. And I don't have to worry about her keeping up, too.

but would much rather have the breakfast food (and price!)

Yes I am 100% for the breakfast option. If we cannot 1) get a 10:30 CP or 2) move Ohana to 7:30am this day, I personally want to keep the 8am CP, not sure your thoughts on that? We still have some time though to grab the ADR though! (i.e. I definitely don't want to do lunch here).

when she was about Maya’s age

SO cute! <3 Maya isn't giving kisses but loves to lean in for hugs (at least on the dogs and cats lol). We shall see how it goes!

because neither is old enough to sit “alone” :headache: (2 by 2 seating). Instead, I’ll have to take one and then take the other, using up all 4 FP.

Yes, I think I'll stroll up there to grab a RS the first time, and maybe Dug can hold Maya the second time lol. Hoping we can hop on Pooh or something while you ride!

I will take Aria and Izzy with me on the Rider Swap, since it’s up to 3 guests and we should all fit in one seat.

Depending on the timing, I envisioned using the RS later, just with the FP times but we'll see how things are going!

Dug and I will take the 4 year olds. Lauren & Maya have a FP+ for the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, so they will do that together.

This will be fun, I know Aria will absolutely have a blast riding (maybe she, izzy and you will be able to share a bench, as I know she'd love to sit with Izzy). And I am sure Maya will love the Carpets (although Aria might get a little jealous!)

[URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html'][URL='http://s1188.photobucket.com/user/LoungingAround/media/2013%20Day%205/IMG_0729_zpsab1ebd92.jpg.html']

Did you happen to see the extra FP in MDE? lol
[/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter