Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Yay me! 2 bouts of a flu/virus during July and August!

It's been a bad flu season this year in Oz....
....I did have fever sores 2 weeks before we went to Puerto Rico (doctor thought it might be a virus that eventually went away after about a week)...

Last edited:
Yay me! 2 bouts of a flu/virus during July and August!

It's been a bad flu season this year in Oz. Hope that this strain isn't making it's way across the pond! We've had a few deaths from this one.

I sure hope you're feeling better now!

:eek: Wow you're not having any fun either. :hug:

I hope that strain doesn't hit here it sounds bad. I've already had my flu shot since we leave next week for our hop to the middle of the Atlantic with my Dad.

I never get flu shots. I hope I don't end up regretting it someday. Knock on wood.

Thinking of heading up to DLR next week. I want to see the Halloween decor, esp. the Haunted Mansion.

Let me know when you're going, it may be fun to meet up and we could try some of the fun treats!

I never get flu shots. I hope I don't end up regretting it someday. Knock on wood.

Me neither. I've gotten one once in my life, when I worked at a residential rehab facility and you had to..... worse flu season of my life.

Let me know when you're going, it may be fun to meet up and we could try some of the fun treats!

Right now I'm looking at probably Thursday, possibly Friday. But if those don't work for you let's plan another! And yes, I've been looking at all the pics online of the special holiday treats......YUM.

You'll need to give us a report on the Pumpkin Spice Churros.

I get my flu shot every year since my asthma get pretty bad with the flu.

Potential change of plans: right now (granted, nearly a week away), the forecast is showing Anaheim to be in the low 90s next week. BLAR. I'm really not about that (esp. considering we've woken up to 40s and only reached the 60s here the last few days! :cloud9: ). My biggest concern is that that sort of heat really exhausts you, and I've got to consider my 2-hr drive home by myself.

So, stay tuned! I'm not making a "no" decision just yet, but I will be watching temps.

Potential change of plans: right now (granted, nearly a week away), the forecast is showing Anaheim to be in the low 90s next week. BLAR.

Is there anything (job, etc...) keeping you from postponing your trip for a week or a few days? Disneyland is miserable when the temp are in the 90s. I did that over Labor Day weekend and we were just hot and sweaty the whole time. I probably wouldn't be able to join you next week, partly the heat and also the fact that I just spent way too much time there last week with another DISer and her mom. I need to get back to reality, at least for a week or so. Then the Disney overload can resume. :)

Yeah, I'm more thinking of putting it off. But it would be for two weeks (we get paid every other week, so I need -- ideally! -- to go on a pay week. :flower3: ). That would put me going the 2nd week of Oct. (maybe the 12th?). So that's my backup/looking-more-like-what-I'll-do plan. (And most weeks right now I can go Wed.-Fri.; I usually work Mon. & Tues. these days).

Busy couple of days coming up at work -- I've got to be the "adultier adult" that I'm always looking to!! Full-time staff are away at a conference so I'm in charge of the housekeeping crew. ::sigh:: I'm fully capable, I just don't like being the leader. :p

@franandaj -- I'm def. postponing my trip for another two weeks. The forecast put me off and I just ended up filling the rest of this week with other stuff (oddly enough, as I write, it is 37* outside my door....:cold:). I will nail down a date sometime next week and let you know!

Hope everyone is well!

@franandaj -- I'm def. postponing my trip for another two weeks. The forecast put me off and I just ended up filling the rest of this week with other stuff (oddly enough, as I write, it is 37* outside my door....:cold:). I will nail down a date sometime next week and let you know!

Hope everyone is well!

I'll keep the 12th and 13th in mind. We have Doctor appts in the morning both of those days, so it would be an afternoon thing for me. Hopefully it cools down by then. I need some Disney free days because I'm totally behind. I just got caught up on dishes and laundry this weekend. Next will be bills and paperwork. :faint:

.....hmmmmm....:scratchin.....we only have [technically] 4-1/2 days there.....gotta think about that one....

I'll keep the 12th and 13th in mind. We have Doctor appts in the morning both of those days, so it would be an afternoon thing for me. Hopefully it cools down by then. I need some Disney free days because I'm totally behind. I just got caught up on dishes and laundry this weekend. Next will be bills and paperwork. :faint:

Well I guess we missed Thursday and Friday....

One of our kittens had a brush with death this week. Her red blood cell count dropped to 7% and we took her into emergency Tuesday night. Two transfusions later she is back home and happy again, but she has diarrhea and we spent Friday afternoon back at the vet as a walk in. Trying to get life back on track again. Those kittens make a mess of whatever room they choose to take over!

Well I guess we missed Thursday and Friday....

One of our kittens had a brush with death this week. Her red blood cell count dropped to 7% and we took her into emergency Tuesday night. Two transfusions later she is back home and happy again, but she has diarrhea and we spent Friday afternoon back at the vet as a walk in. Trying to get life back on track again. Those kittens make a mess of whatever room they choose to take over!

Aw, so sorry about your kitty! Hope she's fully well again soon. We have four of those crazy things, so I get it. :lovestruc

So, yeah, we missed a meet this week but you didn't miss anything.... I ended up going Wed., sort of an impromptu because DH was taking the boys up to L.A.. It was WAY busier than I'd anticipated, actually felt just like the day I went in July for my first pass use. :scared: Park opened at 8:00, I arrived (in the gate) around 8:45. Headed straight to Haunted Mansion, and that strategy worked as I was able to walk right in, and the by the time I exited there was a solid line forming. Form there I went to POTC, same thing there. Basically I got more done in the first two hours than most of the rest of the day.... It was pretty insane. I went to DCA around noon only to find a 30+ minute wait in the Single Rider line at Radiator Springs Racers. Didn't feel like it so I wandered around a bit (according to my app, waits were just as bad over here as at DL park). Ended up getting a FP for Soarin' but had 2-1/2 hours until that started, so back to DL. Honestly I did so much just walking around; ended up doing stuff that was easy and relaxing (rode the River boat for the first time ever, in either Disney park!). That was fun, out of the sun, and a nice break. I browsed shops, ate snacks, took a lot of pictures (will be posting a link for them once I can ever get them off my camera....having an issue with the cable....:headache:). I did watch the afternoon parade, which was fun. Also watched the Flag Retreat and really liked that. Very well done. I ended up calling it a day around 6:00.

I won't talk about my drive up/back on the 5........ But next trip, I'm spending the night!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter