DIS Srapping Challenge #41 - It truly is a SMALL WORLD!

PixyDusted

DIS Veteran
It's a small....small...world!!!

On one of my many visits to the Magic Kingdom recently I was very much inspired to make a digital scrapbooking kit based on this classic attraction.

It's my mom's favorite attraction (besides Carousel of Progress), my sister just loves it...and I can't deny it's historical significance in any Disney fan's mind, including mine.

And admit it - you and I LOVE THAT SONG!

So here's my challenge and what you'll win:

Do you often find yourself saying, "Small world!" for any of the many coincidences that happen in life? I do!! And hey, if I'm not saying it because of something coincidential, chances are I'm saying it because I'm on my way to the attraction...

YOUR CHALLENGE: Scrapbook and journal a "small world" moment in your life. Challenge yourself to think of a moment you've used this phrase...but if you can't think of anything simply take a moment to scrapbook about the attraction.
MUST INCLUDE "Small World" somewhere on the page!!

What you'll win?
MY NEW KIT!!! I'll choose 2 winners - one I pick and one random.

mpaige-smallworld-detail1-1.jpg

Here's a layout I created with it (nope, not for the challenge...just to showcase the kit in my store at Oscraps but I thought it'd be good motivation to get scrapping!)

mpaige-smallworld-detail2-1.jpg

EVERYONE gets a 50% off coupon to my store for the kit even if you don't win. (And I NEVER do that much of a discount!)

The challenge ends Tuesday, January 27th. I'll pick a winner on the 28th.

GOOD LUCK!

Great challenge. And of course now that you ask, I can't think of any of the million times I've said "it's a small world." :rotfl:

Oh, and I love the kit Mikkel!

What a fun challenge! I fully admit that Small World is one of my favorite attractions at Disney. :)

Like RRBB, I suddenly can't think of the times I've said "it's a small world," lol. I could just scrap the ride (I've already scrapped it for one trip, but not our most recent one), but I think I want to use your new, cute kit to scrap it! So, I need to think!

Here's a Disney "small world" moment which is really quite amazing considering we live 1200 miles from WDW. The journaling reads: This photo hangs in the Pop Century Resort at Walt Disney World. It was taken in the 70's in a dorm at R's (my husband's) alma mater and where he teaches now. Small world! It must have been taken during finals week when the students were climbing the walls!

Click image for credits.

Awesome layout Pam! And what a great photo!

I just wanted to let you guys know I just put a FREEBIE in my store! It's a pack of cute frame so I figured perhaps you'd want to add them to your stash. :thumbsup2

They're located here.

Officially joining my first challenge!!!! AND it was a challenge! I normally just scraplift so I don't share any of my pages. Even though this took me 2 hours, it was so fun to do!

Credits: Britt's Monstrosity kit and bonus alpha (some elements recolored), text is CK Becky.

smallworld-Page120.jpg

Journaling: We just finished ordering our desserts at Le'Cellier in Epcot when a gentleman came over and said something to my dad and as I looked over to see who it was, I realized they were from our hometown! I knew it was a XXXXXXX but I wasn't sure which one. I couldn't believe him and his family were seated right next to us!!! It's kind of dark in Le'Cellier so at first I didn't notice his daughter but when I did I realized it was Cara XXXXXXX! Brett's 3rd grade classmate! Brett couldn't believe it!!! He was very eager to get a picture with her because he said "This is freaky. No one is ever going to believe this!" We all talked for a few minutes-- where we are staying, what we've visited, our favorite things so far but then we all agreed- running into a family from our hometown, 1,000 miles away, it really is a SMALL WORLD!!!

Mommyof3 - Such a great LO for your first challenge and such a fun experience to remember!! I love the starburst photo. A couple of times, my daughter has run into some of her students at Walt Disney World. It really is a small world!

Officially joining my first challenge!!!! AND it was a challenge! I normally just scraplift so I don't share any of my pages. Even though this took me 2 hours, it was so fun to do!

Credits: Britt's Monstrosity kit and bonus alpha (some elements recolored), text is CK Becky.

Journaling: We just finished ordering our desserts at Le'Cellier in Epcot when a gentleman came over and said something to my dad and as I looked over to see who it was, I realized they were from our hometown! I knew it was a XXXXXXX but I wasn't sure which one. I couldn't believe him and his family were seated right next to us!!! It's kind of dark in Le'Cellier so at first I didn't notice his daughter but when I did I realized it was Cara XXXXXXX! Brett's 3rd grade classmate! Brett couldn't believe it!!! He was very eager to get a picture with her because he said "This is freaky. No one is ever going to believe this!" We all talked for a few minutes-- where we are staying, what we've visited, our favorite things so far but then we all agreed- running into a family from our hometown, 1,000 miles away, it really is a SMALL WORLD!!!

Awesome layout! What a great "small world" example! Crazy, right?
I'm so glad you participated - welcome to the DIS challenges!

And I love that new kit Britt made! So fun!

Oh, GREAT CHALLENGE!! and great kit!!!!! I will have to think today on this one!

Thank you so much for posting this challenge. I have been lurking around the scrapbooking forum for a while now feeling completely intimdated by all your wonderful designs and ideas. I have been busy collecting and sorting all the gorgeous free digital scrapbboking resources that I can find. I was ready to start but I hadn't managed to get a project off the ground - I guess I had scrapersblock :rotfl:

Anyway I wanted to get started on my DLRP album, the photos have been waiting since 2005 to have something done with them so it was well over due. The It's a Small World ride had a special memory for us at DLRP so this was all I needed to kick start my album.

This page has taken me literally hours today, this is officially my first ever digiscrap page (one that I would call proper scrapping anyway with papers and embellishments!) and my first scrap challenge. I am really pleased with how it looks but i would love any constructive criticism you experienced scrapers could give me.

SmallWorld.jpg

All papers and embellishments are taken from various kits from the amazing Shabby Princess website and the layout (yes I admit it I can't come up with my own yet!) is copyright of Becky Fleck (not sure which website this came from). Hope I have done the credits correctly.

Journalling says: It is the small moments that mean the most; the ones that we should cherish and hold onto. The first time we rode Its a Small World the wonder on your little face made mummy cry. This was the moment we saw the magic of Disney through our child’s eyes.

I want to participate so badly - but I can't think of a 'small world' moment. :( Grrrr....

Here's my entry. Click for credits

The strange thing is, I have a few more stories like this from both this year and last year's trip. I was going to scrap both stories from this year on this LO, but didn't really like how that page turned out. Thanks for the push to scrap this!

I thought of something, but I don't have a photo or anything for it.

You can just scrap about the attraction or Fantasyland!!

I WANT EVERYONE TO PARTICIPATE!!!! :thumbsup2

Okay - I tried again. It's harder than one would think it should be. You all are sooo good at it. Thanks for letting me try it.
mytry.jpg

These are all Carrie Stephens Spontaneous Delight elements
-Carrie Stephens-Back-leafy-flower-background
-Carrie Stephens-SD-mesh-strip
-Carrie Stephens-SD-glass-dots
-Carrie Stephens-DS-layerd-green-flower (x2)
-Carrie Stephens-DS-glass-dots
-Carrie Stephens-SD-old-paper-strip
-Carrie Stephens-SD-painted-cardboard

PS- the journaling says "When a person from Ohio can be introduced to a person from Connecticut over the internet and they can meet in Florida so CT can show OH's son how to scrapbook - it's a small world"
Is that the proper way to give credit? Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter