DIS Srapping Challenge #41 - It truly is a SMALL WORLD!

AlexWyattMommy:

Great layout! Love the greens and blues together.

And yes, proper way to give credit. But next time, to save yourself the trouble, you can just write "Everything by Carrie Stephens." That's what I would do! Maybe just include the kit/element names so if someone loves it enough to want to buy it they can easily locate what you used.

Any way to get an extension on this challenge? I lost my computer for 3 days last week due to a virus, and now I'm trying to get links fixed to redownload kits and things that I lost! I'm hoping the deadline is like midnight tomorrow night! Then I could maybe get one done! I'm trying!

AlexWyattMommy:

Great layout! Love the greens and blues together.

And yes, proper way to give credit. But next time, to save yourself the trouble, you can just write "Everything by Carrie Stephens." That's what I would do! Maybe just include the kit/element names so if someone loves it enough to want to buy it they can easily locate what you used.

Thanks. It was a free kit.

Photobee -- the challenges usally run til Weds. so you still have time!! Don't panic! LOL

(Sorry Mikkel - don't want to hijack your thread! LOL)

I am also still thinking of a page.. i don't "do" this ride much.. LOL But, i love Mikkel's kit!! LOL

Mikkel said she'd allow LOs of Fantasyland. So that will help me. . . I think I've scrapped all my Small World pics so far. Small World was recently closed at Disneyland for well over a year!! So I haven't ridden it in a long time! I'll find something that will work for this challenge though . . .

ohhh.. i gotta check and see if i took any pics of It's a Small World in Disneyland when we were there last Feb... I have such memories of that when i was a kid! The outside of the ride in CA is SOOO much prettier than the FL one.

Great Challenge!

Here's mine:

its-a-small-world-too-small.jpg

Credits:Credits: Leave the World Behind, The Bright Side Add On, Mermaid Lagoon, Fairchild (sequins recolored),Paper Shapers, Mermaid Lagoon Add On, Tiny Cowgirl, and Plastickle Me Alpha (recolored) all by Britt ish Designs

McPhatty font

I need to learn to leave negative space. Yours makes your whole layout pop more. It looks great.

AlexWyattMommy - I know what you mean. I still find myself wanting to use everything in a kit on a single page. I just get so anxious to use all those cute little elements that I forget that less is more. You're doing a great job...keep it up!! :thumbsup2

Here's my attempt....

hospitalBath07-28-08.jpg

For the first time I used a pre-made layout. The layout kit is from scrapteamphotofiltre.niceboard.com.

As I was looking through photos I realized I actually did have the perfect photos for this challenge! I don't know why I didn't think of this before!!!

ItReallyISaSmallWorld_WEB.jpg

CREDITS HERE

Journaling Reads: It just so happened that while Josh and I were in Disneyland, my very best friend from childhood, Cheloni and her new husband Josh were there on their honeymoon! When we found out they’d be there the same time as us we knew we’d have to meet up! We didn’t want to barge in on their honeymoon, so we decided to just spend the evening with them! A few rides, the parade, fireworks, and then we let them be on their own. It was so fun to spend some time at Disneyland with them! What a small world!

This was a really tough challenge for me. I'm sure there are tons of occassions I've been in a "small world" situation. But I couldn't think of any of them. DH had to remind me of this one.

web-DIS-Challenge-Week-41.jpg

CREDITS
Alpha – plastickle me alpha by Britt-ish Designs (recolored)
Fonts – Vladimir Script, LD Coffeehouse
Elements – dreams do come true but Britt-ish Designs
Date Mat – Date Mats by Robin Carlton

Journaling Reads: After two weeks aboard the Disney Magic experiencing just how small our world really is as we brought the ship home to Florida through the Panama Canal, who would have thought it would be demonstrated again just outside the attraction. We were about to head into it’s a small world when we ran into our table mates from the cruise. Sure, we knew Terri, Steve & Sydney were spending a few extra days at WDW, but we never in our wildest dreams expected to see them there. It was a nice surprise, and the kids had a good time visiting with each other again.

Here is mine. I ended up just scrapping IASW at Disneyland, though I was really bummed it was closed when we went. Hopefully someday we will get a chance to go back to DL when it will be open.

Thanks for the challenging challenge. :)

Mikkel, thanks for hosting. This really got my brain working overtime.

I was looking through past Disneyland trips to find something to scrap, and I couldn't believe what I saw! I actually had a "small world" moment to share. Funny how that happens.

The photos are circa 1975 (gasp!) when the country was celebrating the Bicentennial. Our small moment came when my family saw the name of our home town printed on the side of the stagecoach float! There was actually a stagecoach run that went through our town, but whether or not it was called the Simi Valley route, who knows. Most likely one of the imagineers either was from there or lived there at the time.

I think that I did about a gadzillion incarnations of this LO, and here's what I ended up with. I'll most likely do it yet again, but at least I've something to show!

462879177_Cb9zJ-L.jpg

The journaling reads: "The advent of our Nation's 200th anniversary was something that was highly anticipated around the country, even at Disneyland. As a family we always enjoyed watching the parades, even though it meant giving up precious ride time. But we just had to see Disneyland's salute to the Bicentennial, "America on Parade," which gave representation of the history of the Untied States. So imagine our surprise when a stagecoach float came by bearing the name of our home town - Simi Valley, California. You better believe that we cheered our heads off when it passed by!"

Credits: Template, Creative Memories
Kits: Toy Sheriff by Britt-ish Designs & All American Cowboy by YardBunny Designs
Font: Pea Allison
Photo Overlay: Worn Out Frame sampler by Happy Scrap Girl

It's been too long since I've left love for everyone (sorry!). Since the kids have a snow day today and I don't feel like doing any housework, I though I'd actually do it this week! (I've linked each comment to the page.)

Pooh - This is wonderful. I adore the colors and the way you layered everything. It just fits! And you've gotta wonder just how many people actually do see themselves in a photo somewhere like that. What a story.

mommyofthreeboys - the "explosion" you used is a great way to highlight the one photo. It really makes an impact (pardon the pun!). I love the way the background color matches the dress!

Mrs Hobbes - Welcome! It's always so nice to have a new person playing along with us. And you did a fantastic job on your first LO. I love the way you put the frames around each pic. It does get easier with every LO you do. Just stick around and do all of the the challenges and you'll learn so much! There are a bunch of talented ladies who show their stuff every week.

kswm - Very simple and very georgeous! Your use of red and the word art element makes the LO just pop.

AlexWyattMommy - it's nice to see you over here on the digi-thread! Ditto what I said to Mrs Hobbes. And I love the scrapbooking story! You did a great job - keep the pages coming!

18magic - Wow. Great job using all of those elements. And I really like the way you did your journaling - nice and bright and bold. I'll have to remember that one.

Short and Sweet - welcome to you, too! What a precious moment to remember! Your daughter will love that page as she grows up.

brittney - I just now saw the exclaimation bubble! Ha! You're brave to use all of that black. It really works well. I love the button and string in the star element.

RRBB - Very nice! The calendar border is so much fun. And I love the blended photo background. I'll really need to try that more often. And I love the photos of your dd on the ride. So precious.

Fran - what great photos! I love the way they contrast against the softness of the kit. I think I feel a scraplift coming on! :goodvibes

yzerbear - The then/now angle is great. Your color choices do a fantastic job of highlighting the ride facade. And, as usual, I love your use of the elements. Very fun!

I think I got everyone. Great work!

Firstly thank you so much for the really kind welcome. I do indeed plan on staying around adn following all the challenges each week (except for when I'm in Disney next month) I have so much scrapping that needs to get done.

All of your pages are so amazing I am just in awe of where you all get your ideas from and how you just make it all work so well. I get a bit over whelmed by all the bits that I have. I am a bit of a hoarder and I have been filling our hard drive with loads of lovely freebies but I think now I have too much stuff it's hard to know where to start.

Anyway I got a really sweet pm from Mikkel and she suggested that I try adding some drop shadow to my LO which I have done and she was so right I think it looks so much better as it has made everything stand out more. I have quoted my first attempt so you can see the direct comparison. Thanks so much for the help Mikkel :goodvibes

Improved LO

SmallWorld2.jpg

Ok, after much thought, here is the layout i did - I chose to scrap the ride (Cali version) b/c i have such memories of this ride from when i was a kid.

Image is linked for credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter