Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Raise reliable? as in the gc's they sell are guaranteed to work?

I've been purchasing target gc on raise and then using them on target.com to buy disney. I'm averaging about 12% off. I thought that was pretty good. I also am having trouble comprehending the eBay thing too. Can someone dumb it down for me and go through the process?

Basically eBay runs promotions by invitation when you can earn extra eBay bucks. Normally, eBay bucks accrue at a 2% rate, but during a 5x bucks promotion, you would earn 10% in eBay bucks. So for example, if you buy a $100 Target gift card from GCM on eBay during a 5x promotion, you would get $10. There is a shipping fee as well. It is $2.99 for the first card and $0.99 for additional cards of the same denomination. It therefore is cheaper to churn larger numbers of cards, which is why I am waiting to have $600 saved before I start my churning.

You get your eBay bucks paid out quarterly and have a month to spend the money. I got about $130 from Q4 and used that money to buy $100 in Target and $30 in Starbucks. But you can use the funds for pretty much anything on eBay.

It is a complicated step to add that has many "moving parts." Not everyone gets the eBay bucks promo invites. When the promo is active, sometimes GCM is sold out of Target cards. Sometimes you don't get your Target cards converted to eBay cards in time. It can increase your savings quite a bit, but it will also increase your risk. So if you don't like complication, uncertainty or added risk, I would say to just forget about this step.

Marionette...thank you. Are any of you worried that Target will close the loop and you'll be stuck with a lot of gift cards? I'd hate to tie up that much money and then have it not work later.

I do think the loophole will close at some point. When is anyone's guess. Look at the shutdown with the Serve/Bluebird that is going down.

I finished churning for our February trip last month and since then I have started saving for our 2018 trip with the goal to see if I can get it as close to free as possible. I have earned using Swagbucks, PerkTV, Ibotta, other rebates and any income outside of my normal job. It's been just 1 month and I have already saved $580! Of that money, $100 came from a study panel that I did through Swagbucks and another $150 came from reviewing a scholarly book proposal in my field. Both of those checks came in the mail today. It feels like such an amazing start to our next trip. I haven't even started churning these funds yet because I wanted to get to $600 saved to make it worth paying eBay shipping fees. Almost there!

Tried to message you but it wouldn't let me. Was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing how you got over $500 this month. I do swag bucks but get about $75 at most a month. With three girls ages 5 and under any extra savings for our Disney trips is great. Thanks in advance for your help

Tried to message you but it wouldn't let me. Was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing how you got over $500 this month. I do swag bucks but get about $75 at most a month. With three girls ages 5 and under any extra savings for our Disney trips is great. Thanks in advance for your help

No problem, here is my breakdown:

$100 Swagbucks panel
$150 Book proposal review
$100 eBay bucks redemption (into Target cards)
$40 Ibotta rebates, sign up bonus and friend referrals
$10 PerkTV
$150 Swagbucks (DH and I each have accounts)
$30 other rebates (batteries, beer)

These are all earned during this month so far, with one exception, though there is still another week left, so hoping my total goes a bit higher by the end. The only thing that I didn't really earn this month was the eBay bucks. This was technically from the previous quarter's gift card churn, but since I already have enough money for our February trip, I decided to throw it into our new trip fund.

I just started using Ibotta 3 weeks ago and have found this to be really useful. I love the any brand rebates on things we buy all the time, like milk, bananas, green peppers, cereal, etc. Since I'm not buying things that I wouldn't normally have been anyways, I am viewing these earnings just like Swagbucks - free money. You can get a $10 bonus by using a code when you sign up. I also just started using PerkTV on our 2 burner phones once I have finished running Swagbucks apps for the day. It's not a huge earner, but I guess even $10-$15 more each month adds up over time. If I get more phones for my "perk farm" then I could make more this way as well. I have been watching for some more cheap prepaid Moto E phones, I kinda love them.

I signed up for Swagbucks to see what the fuss was about.... And thought hmm, easy couple extra bucks for souvenirs and such?. Never even filled out surveys and had my CC information stolen like a week later.. o_O

Can't prove it was from that.. but I never went back.

I signed up for Swagbucks to see what the fuss was about.... And thought hmm, easy couple extra bucks for souvenirs and such?. Never even filled out surveys and had my CC information stolen like a week later.. o_O

I never do anything that requires a credit card number.

I never do anything that requires a credit card number.

Maybe I was just freaked out and jumped to conclusions. I know there is a million ways to have that information stolen. That was just the only new thing I had joined. And I didn't do anything but watch videos, and play a few games to meet the daily goal, and a few swag codes. Lol, it just freaked me out...

Maybe I was just freaked out and jumped to conclusions. I know there is a million ways to have that information stolen. That was just the only new thing I had joined. And I didn't do anything but watch videos, and play a few games to meet the daily goal, and a few swag codes. Lol, it just freaked me out...

Yeah, it is unlikely that your credit card got stolen when you never even used it on the site. It is more likely someone at a brick and mortar store copied it or it was breached somewhere else.

$100 Swagbucks panel
$10 PerkTV

These are all earned during this month so far, with one exception, though there is still another week left, so hoping my total goes a bit higher by the end. The only thing that I didn't really earn this month was the eBay bucks. This was technically from the previous quarter's gift card churn, but since I already have enough money for our February trip, I decided to throw it into our new trip fund.

I just started using Ibotta 3 weeks ago and have found this to be really useful. I love the any brand rebates on things we buy all the time, like milk, bananas, green peppers, cereal, etc. Since I'm not buying things that I wouldn't normally have been anyways, I am viewing these earnings just like Swagbucks - free money. You can get a $10 bonus by using a code when you sign up. I also just started using PerkTV on our 2 burner phones once I have finished running Swagbucks apps for the day. It's not a huge earner, but I guess even $10-$15 more each month adds up over time. If I get more phones for my "perk farm" then I could make more this way as well. I have been watching for some more cheap prepaid Moto E phones, I kinda love them.

Thanks Jen! How did you get a swag bucks panel for $100? You have me interested in the perk and Ibotta going to have to look into them. Keep hearing about them.

Thanks Jen! How did you get a swag bucks panel for $100?

I just did a gold survey and at the end it asked if I would like to be a part of a panel. It gave a few details and I had to give my contact information (email, address, phone). Someone called me a few days later and gave me all the details and said it would pay $100 for completing all of the assignments. We had to make 2 collages about a rewards program (mine was Plenti) and then we had to answer questions over 2 days. Total time commitment was about 1 hour, so it was really great. I actually found it quite fun.

I guess I just lucked out by getting the right survey.

I just did a gold survey and at the end it asked if I would like to be a part of a panel. It gave a few details and I had to give my contact information (email, address, phone). Someone called me a few days later and gave me all the details and said it would pay $100 for completing all of the assignments. We had to make 2 collages about a rewards program (mine was Plenti) and then we had to answer questions over 2 days. Total time commitment was about 1 hour, so it was really great. I actually found it quite fun.

That sounds really cool. I just finished a survey this weekend about coffee that was the same thing...gave my info and hope they actually contact me. I think it is over a four month period but included 50.00 each month if you completed it plus a bonus 100 for completing all four months, so that would really help get my seed money to start my next trip!

I don't recall every giving Swagbucks my credit card information in the 4 months I've been using them. I suspect it was a coincidence.

If you told me you started receiving lots of unsolicited email, I wouldn't question the correlation.

Should try this solution from Slickdeals:

Cards marked as shipped but you didn't get the email or are having trouble retrieving them? To to TargetEcards.com[targetecards.com] and enter your order information. Enter 00000 for your zip code if it doesn't work with your real one. This should bring up a listing of your cards. Click print and a window will open with the code. If you get an error just keep trying.

I was given this solution from a poster in this thread, (sorry blanking on the name of that very helpful poster!), and it worked great! And, it didn't work with my zip code, but the 00000 worked great and I was able to print what I needed! I also could have chosen the option to email them to myself but the printing was perfect!

Ok.... I am trying to follow this idea....why ebay? Is it b/c of the 5x points specials? I that what makes that part of this work? What does 5x points = in actual money? (mostly) get the raise/target/disney thing... but I am not getting the ebay part....what if you bought a gc at ebay without any 'deals' is that pointless?

I got the recent 4x ebay bucks. I bought $650 in GCM Target gc's, and got $52 in ebay bucks! I think I'll go thru Target and buy more Ebay cards to churn again. I need the gc's by our May trip, so I think I have enough time to do another churn or 2, and hopefully get another 4x or even 5x ebay bucks promo! Went very smoothly.
I am wondering if, say when Ebay does the buy a$100 Ebay gc at $95, is that worth the churn or not so much? I'd only save $5 per $100 card but, right now my mind's blanking on me and not sure how I'd see that savings, lol!

Check the Swagbucks thread for easy earning opportunites. Why SB? Because they reward for shopping at Raise, Target .com, and eBay.

People buy Target GCs for more than face value for a number of reasons, one of them being that they can pay with eBay Bucks (which is basically free money). However, Gift Card Mall (an eBay vendor) sells Target GCs for face value plus a small shipping fee. Every once in a while, they sell them for even less than face value and free shipping. And you earn cashback if you shop thru eBates, or points if you shop thru another shopping portal. And you also earn eBay Bucks.
What's the best portal to shop thru when buying at ebay?
And, does topcashback pay on gc purchases at Target online?

Let me try to walk you through this the way that I have done it (although I haven't purchased Target GCs from Raise in quite some time).
  1. Log into SB and click through their portal for Raise. You will get 1 SB point for every dollar spent.
  2. Buy one or more Target GCs for x% off of the face value. Get enough to purchase a $200 eBay GC and a small item like a ruler (25¢). That would be at least $190.24 worth of Target GCs. Your total # of GCs should not exceed 4. Use a rewards credit card to get extra points or cash back.
  3. Once you have your Target codes from Raise, go thru eBates to make a purchase at Target. Buy a $200 eBay GC and small item. Pay with your Target GCs with your Target CC as your default form of payment. Get 5% off of your order plus whatever ebates is offering as cash back for Target shopping.
  4. Bide your time and when GCM has a sale on Target GCs on ebay or if you get a 4X ebay bucks offer, you're ready to make your purchase with your eBay GC. Go through ebates or SB first to get cash back from them.
  5. GCM ships physical GCs, so you will have to wait for them to be delivered. Once you've got them, you can repeat steps 3-4 as many times as you feel comfortable doing.
  6. Finally, take the Target GCs that you get from your last GCM purchase on eBay and use them to purchase Disney GCs.
When you get your eBay bucks, you can turn around and spend them on more Target GCs and do the same with them. You can redeem your SB points for Target GCs or PayPal. You can have your ebates Big Fat Check deposited in your PayPal account. I use my PayPal money to pay any additional charges that my GCs don't cover.

Can you buy a Target gc on ebay using a combo of ebay bucks and ebay giftcards or cc at paypal?

$100 Swagbucks panel
$10 PerkTV

Can you use swagbuck at the same time as say, ebates or topcashback? And what is Ibotta?

Don't you have to pay to have those extra phones? Can you use old phones you may have that you don't use anymore? Do they have to be smart phones or what? This is confusing me a bit, lol. And seems like you need to be pretty organized, lol.

thats awesome i've been doing surveys the last few months and haven't been offered anything like that.

What's the best portal to shop thru when buying at ebay?
And, does topcashback pay on gc purchases at Target online?

Can you buy a Target gc on ebay using a combo of ebay bucks and ebay giftcards or cc at paypal?

Can you use swagbuck at the same time as say, ebates or topcashback?
The bet portal is the one that offers the most cash back at the time that you do your shopping. I don't do topcash, so I don't know whether they will reward for buying a GC at Target. My success has been limited to SB, ebates and Mypoints.

Yes, you can buy a Target GC on eBay using a combo of ebay bucks, ebay GC and money through PayPal.

You cannot double-dip rewards programs. So, you cannot shop through SB while having the ebates button activated and then get credit on both.

Yes, you can buy a Target GC on eBay using a combo of ebay bucks, ebay GC and money through PayPal.
How does that work? I'm genuinely curious because the last ebucks reward didn't let me combine it with eBay GCs. Had to "buy" and eBay GC to combine with other eBay GC for a Target GC purchase.

How does that work? I'm genuinely curious because the last ebucks reward didn't let me combine it with eBay GCs. Had to "buy" and eBay GC to combine with other eBay GC for a Target GC purchase.
Hmm. I didn't have a problem doing it. I just chose to use my ebay bucks, added my ebay gc in the promotional code line and then checked out using PayPal for the balance that wasn't covered,

I think I've jumped into this too late. If I book a room only for mid-March trip with the current promo, would I have time to churn for savings that would be worthwhile? Room only has to be paid upon arrival, so I've got a few weeks

Hmm. I didn't have a problem doing it. I just chose to use my ebay bucks, added my ebay gc in the promotional code line and then checked out using PayPal for the balance that wasn't covered,

I had the same problem with adudeinblue when I went to cash out my ebay bucks - I could do one or the other, but not both in terms of ebay bucks & gift card. This was in the first 24-48 hours of the the redemption period, however, and ebay may have fixed the problem since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter