Disney just isn't fun anymore

Not to mention that the OP has been here since 2010. Clearly they aren't.
Agreed.

In the instance I used it I was new to the boards, asking an honest (if naive) question. One poster in particular was really coming at me, baiting, mocking, and asserting things about me that were untrue. I kept trying to navigate peace/clarification and when that kept failing and they got bolder and meaner-I used that word. A mod immediately rebuked me, and I apologized and begged for help handling the person. They never responded, but they did delete quite a bit of the conversation, and the person begged off. Since then I've wised up and know more.

There's a difference between the OP here, sharing a heartfelt and likely long developed personal feeling, and someone who is communicating with the intent of hurting or causing *******. Or even a person who is just mean. People should feel safe expressing themselves here about disney, but many users feel they get to decide what is normal or acceptable to share, or plant motives. That seems like such a loss to me-it isn't that difficult to be kind and understanding.

That's true. I forget as long as you have someone else's MB you can use their FPs. I see no problem if the person is with you and decides they want to ride but prebooking knowing they aren't going to be in the parks is again not technically against the rules but does disadvantage others.

Just to be clear, Disney has closed this loop-hole.

I've followed these forums for years but never signed up to post because I saw exactly that. Anyone with an opinion that wasn't pro-WDW disappeared after awhile. I don't know if they were banned or just run off but it seemed like a lot of intelligent people (some with apparent insider knowledge) stopped participating. Now it's really hard to tell what's true and what isn't.

I typically look for the balanced opinions (i.e. both a positive and negative spin). Just like when I read an opinion piece on the internet, the author comes across more credible when they include both sides of the argument.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter