Disney Nostalgia Pictures

Yeah, I was wondering what that was. I don't remember it.

If you ever wonder see yesterland.com, that is a really fun site.

It's cool to think at one time there was more Peter Pan stuff. Though would you prefer it or Dumbo which wasn't always the classic DL attraction that we think it is today?

It's really cool IMO that they put it in DLparis. To me it's seemed so long forgotten. Nastalgia.

Hate to bump such an old thread by I love these old pictures of the park. Looking at everything that has changed and all the things that are still the same, everyone's clothes and how weird/scary the characters look. Can't get enough!

I found some really great photos of my grandmothers and scanned them in... Enjoy! :goodvibes

iD093CB38-3F53-4818-BC38-8B139A24EBF8.jpg

iD76DBB35-E157-4D16-A808-4607F7364E81.jpg

i29B61916-9176-4604-900E-DA996313D279.jpg

i25CA85E3-7B99-4C12-82B7-258360B00260.jpg

i15627DB1-9294-4076-843E-F56BB85DA6C7.jpg

i65276435-9ABC-4C23-802F-E4303243EE89.jpg

iFE6001D2-4DA1-4BFE-B1A8-4E26D3848DB2.jpg
Don't think this is DLR, but I could be wrong. Anyone know? It was mixed in with the other photos....

i037FB58B-32C8-4724-8C45-D3991C9FA201.jpg

i67012D21-50D2-4E07-8BCD-A2180E10D2BC.jpg

i4DC4DE38-C00B-4C9E-AA98-77BE3431E0BB.jpg

i84C1A9BD-C592-42A5-9415-E09D45EF6287.jpg

i7DCE601F-B205-4CAD-856D-861E54BE403A.jpg

These are from my mom when she went to DL in 1957 as a girl.

DL1957IndianVillage2.jpg

The Indian Village

DL1957StageCoach.jpg

The Stage Coach

DL1957MineTrain.jpg

The Mine Train. I like this one because the ladies are dressed so 50's! :goodvibes

DL1957MainStreet.jpg

Main Street. Note the attraction posters in the background.

I love that the retro posters they have up now are actual retro posters and not just styled that way. Makes it less like a gimick and more actual nostalgia.

I love that the retro posters they have up now are actual retro posters and not just styled that way. Makes it less like a gimick and more actual nostalgia.

I LOVE :love: all the ride posters! I have 6 framed in my house and plan to get at least 2 more when we visit this year :)

They are so beautiful!!

Thanks for the new posts, I love seeing the oldies!

I had posted these two in a new thread, but they should be here, so I'll put them here too. I'm not sure what year they were taken, but the little boy is my dad, who was born in 1953. I'm no good with guessing kids ages.

My dad with his grandmother. This one has "Disneyland" written on the back.
disneyland.jpg

In front of the treehouse on Tom Sawyer's Island:
382.jpg

And then I just found this one- the pack mule ride.
204.jpg

There are a few other pictures I've found that I'm not sure if they are at Disneyland or not. Either they're frontierland or some ghost town. My dad isn't in them, so I can't compare his outfit to see if they were taken on the same day. My dad never mentioned going to Disneyland as a kid, but its nice to know that he was there.

Posted a link to pics of my mom and aunt in another thread. They're high-res scans of color slides from 1957 or 1958. Now that I see there's a stagecoach, I think I might have a couple more to add to that set. Have to go back and check...

Edited to add: Nevermind. Entirely different stagecoach in a rural setting.

Just finished the thread and saw someone (Sherry?) saying they had a ton of slides. If you want to get those in digital form, I recommend doing it now rather than waiting. There are only a few mid-to-high quality slide scanners left on the market. I ended up settling for a flatbed with slide and film modes that does a good job but not great. 5-10 years ago, I would have had a much wider selection from which to choose.

FYI, LivingSocial has a deal today for $35 for $100 worth of digitization of Old Photos or Movies. I didn't look into details, so I'm not sure how it works with old pictures, but I just thought I'd share.

So many great pictures!! Next time I'm visiting my parents I'll take pictures of the photos from our family's past Disneyland trips - there's my parent's honeymoon in 1985, my first trip in 1994 (when I was 6!) and my second trip in 1999 (a little borderline for "nostalgia" but I might slip some in! :p).

Ahh, MNMRMUSTARD; you made my day! :flower3: I debated with myself whether or not I should start this because I thought maybe no one would be interested in my old pictures :confused3 and the thread would quickly die. :eek: But I am so excited every time I see someone post their memories on here. :cheer2: I love seeing each and every one. :banana: So sorry that you lost your pictures! :sad1: That is awful. I have a bunch of Super8 films, I must have them transferred to DVD soon. ;)

Thank you SO much for starting this thread, I love seeing everyone's old Disneyland pictures.

My Dad actually went to Disneyland during the opening month!! I need to ask him if there are any pictures from his trip. He has told us that he remembers all of the orange trees around DL. He also remembers Walt strolling around the park! It's so fun he was able to experience that! :)

Wow, the hotel looked so wonderful surrounded by all that greenery. And those mermaids! That would have been a something to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter