• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Nostalgia Pictures

DSC00423.jpg

I used to buy those! The Birbaum book was the best!! So excited to get those when planning a trip!!
Now we have DIS! :banana:

Lori

I used to buy those! The Birbaum book was the best!! So excited to get those when planning a trip!!
Now we have DIS! :banana:

Lori
We have that one for Disneyland and 2 or 3 for Disney World. I can remember seeing people walking around Disney World referring to Steve Birnhaum's book. We have just ordered 2 or 3 reference books for our DLR trip. I still like a book in paper. Old fashion!!! I can keep reading on the plane when you have to turn off electronic devices. HA! HA!

19840401DLMatahornScan2522.jpg

I am planning my 2nd trip since 1984 to DLR and just found out there is no more Wedway. I loved it in 1984 because it was so different than Disney World's. I loved the little tops that moved. Also will miss the Skyway which is no longer at DWD also.

I was so confused. I was at Disneyland in 1984. I went back this year,
2013. I remember walkng from our hotel down the Apollo Hotel or Motel to the Disneyland Hotel and catching the monorail into Disneyland. I was told that where you catch the monorail at Downtown Disney today was where it was in 1984 just reconfigured.

This is my picture from 1984.

19840401CharlesinLACA.jpg

Bonofeak- for some reason I can not view any of your pics!!!!! So sad :(

I am using my iPhone - I wonder if that matters????

What a great thread. I've enjoyed viewing all of these pictures. Most bring back such wonderful memories!

What a great thread. I've enjoyed viewing all of these pictures. Most bring back such wonderful memories!

I'd go back in a heartbeat to those days. We never stayed on property but at a Days Inn, but had great times. We could take $500 and do everything in the early 80's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter